bunch of stuff

Good Purchase? Paper Weight? Speak Up!!!
2strokeforever

bunch of stuff

Post by 2strokeforever »

i got a bunch more stuff,
i wanted a presure suit so i went to the dealer to find what one fit me best, planning to then buy it at rockymountain, i ended up getting the thor impact rig se, but i guess the dealer saw that i was buying a bunch of stuff but not from them so they gave me the same price as rockymountain could :D
anyway i like it , it has a bunch of pads and a built in kidney belt

also got a fox camelbak/backpak from rockymountain for $50
http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/produ ... ries-Rider
the water bite thing is really good, different than the picture, dosent leak holds 3l/102oz lots of padding on the back, lots of room

moose front brake levers suck, thinner than oem and made outa garbage aluminum. tusk ones are thick and strong, but if i was rich id go with oem

enduro engineering KTM magura clutch lever, makes pull easier , has a bearing in the pivot same shape as stock magura . it has a little more leverage. and ive heard they make the master cyl wear faster, guess ill find out if it dies ill just replace it with a 8.5mm master and use the regular lever

after using tubliss, i will never go back to tubes, there that good

and im using a moose airfilter and love the design, cheap too ,cleaned it quite a bit and its not coming apart ant the extra ring to help it seal better

beware of twin air tho :shock:

also im looking for a new set of rear brake pads, the back wore out (almost metal on metal<.5mm) in 3 months, but i hardly use the back and the front is still over half life left?????and i use the shit otta the front. i already checked for dragging , none the wheel spins freely rotors straight, caliper is straight
but do i want carbon, kevlar or sintered metal?
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

screw all brake leavers that arent an ASV Unbreakable lever. those have already saved me money, and i havent had the misfortune of having to limp home on the trails cause a lever snapped off since i bought them. BEST THING you can do to a bike, PERIOD.
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

screw all brake leavers that arent an ASV Unbreakable lever
you like breaking the perch instead? :roll:

and i find i cant use the lever with 1 finger properly with asv, but the renthal intelilever does have me interested

but i have cycras so i dont break levers often
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
jarnott71

Post by jarnott71 »

i got a camelback at wallyworld for 15 bucks colemen two years ago works great. it dosent have a m/c logo though it dose have all the pockets and stuff. that one you got is sweet though. i hate walmart anyway.
no wing no prayer
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

NightBiker07 wrote:screw all brake leavers that arent an ASV Unbreakable lever.
Perker turned me onto these....

http://www.sixsixone.com/v1-mdx.aspx

Blows away ASV
britincali

Post by britincali »

2strokeforever wrote:
but i have cycras so i dont break levers often

Use to go through a few levers and a set of bars every season untill I added the cycra probends, 3 seasons and MULTIPLE getoffs now with no broken levers or bent bars. Definatly a good mod.
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

ASV lever set = couple hundred bucks < racetech goldvalve kit = couple hundred bucks
I buy MSR $10 levers and keep spares in my gear bag, haven't broken one yet, just bent them, so the old bent ones are the gear bag spares. I can go through most areas whitout a clutch or front brake to make it back to the truck. ASV levers will not make your bike faster or make you a better rider, suspension work has the potential to do bith.
just my .02
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
caseyracing222

Post by caseyracing222 »

ASV sucks balls the clutch cable drags on them and snap. Im a retard and didnt relize thats what the dumb squeek noise is that they make until I had to buy a third clutchcable. I have the Cycra probends on both my bikes and love them when I bend those all to hell I straighten them out in the vise and there good to go again.
-Jake

NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

those sunlines are bad ass. must be new, ive had my ASV levers for 2 years now
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

dude i would quit rideing and buy a skateboard if i had to bolt those sunlines on, yes i tried them, i theres not much lever left after those oversized hinges
but then i use my clutch and brakes...
4stroke=dead fish
KE 336

Post by KE 336 »

AlisoBob wrote:
NightBiker07 wrote:screw all brake leavers that arent an ASV Unbreakable lever.
Perker turned me onto these....

http://www.sixsixone.com/v1-mdx.aspx

Blows away ASV
X 2 I think the ones we got have already paid for themselves.