this makes no sense.

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Re: this makes no sense.

Post by AlisoBob »

sugarshane wrote:

You sir, have yet to show me anything....
I predict Ellet will show you the funniest photochop ever .....
bigred1977

Post by bigred1977 »

fuks sake man,how many fukin time do i have to tell people with these god dam 500 ignitions,ohms readings mean fuk all to me they change form good part to good part,a bad one some times reads good and a good one bad and since you did list your peak voltage test findings,i think if you will check you pick up again that it is low the honda specs that i have here are 100v min for stator and 7 min for pick up and if i recall righty you list 5 for your pick up so replace this.disconect your kill swtich simply do the simple sound test for continuity through your loom and connecters,check peak volts stator 100min then check this at cdi,then check it from the cdi to coil should be the same 100v min if you have 100v min at coil and no spark simple pull the plug cap off put the lead to the engine check for spark,if no spark ether lead or coil,done remove your plug when kickin over for your peak voltage testing you can kick over faster and excite the stator correctly,just make sure you have the readings i gave you 100v min and 7 min any lower and dont expect it to work as it should,i have been testing these systems like your self and yes they are shit.more spark on another,some brrighter some duller,i have tryed amplifiing stator out put,makes no diff,i have tryed the vortex back to back with standard and it has a bluit in amplifier that seems to add 15/20 peak volts on the cdi to coil wire,was interesting,but did not make much real time difference,if you kick the bike over it is most important that you do get it just past tdc when you take your reading for peak volts as it does make a conciderable difference on the crank position before kicing and taking a reading.trust me on this ignition system always stick to your peak volts,try and use a analogue meter when doin so as you can observe the needle characteristic as it climbs,eg fast slow intermitant,digital are ok but just to many variences in constuctuction,eg cuircuits,chips,conducters,semi conducters,all give different varience in readings,which can put us off when taking those ohms readings,you may no whta am taking about if you have ever borrowed som one else muitimeter and it reads diff to yours?just my 10 cents worth,hop it is of some help,ive been a honda mechanic for the last 15 years and last 7 a kawasaki mechanic,and across all brands i always choose to peak voltage test when determining ignition sysytem strenght and fualts...
gregrobo

Post by gregrobo »

just a thought i had a old kdx that would give me a interitant fault it would just shut down while running long story short previous owner routed the wiring wrong and one wire was pulling apart take the tank off it would run put it on it would shut down like danny said only seen it because of a blue spark check every thing mate good luck
only posties ride 4 stroke hondas
goldfields sheet metal fabrication
98 yzfr1
05 crf 500 race tech goldies
2010 rmz 500af
01 banshee
glen howell

Post by glen howell »

Check the reeds and make sure they are seating properly,Sometimes the simplest thing is overlooked,Good luck.Glen
gas is for washing parts, alcohol is for drinking,nitro is for racing