HELP PLEASE 6061 T6

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
fox

HELP PLEASE 6061 T6

Post by fox »

HELLO THERE I HAVE A HOME BUILT AFC FROM A 2005 CRF 250 I STAY IN SOUTH AFRICA MY BUILT LASTED ABOUT 6MONTHS AND I HAD A CRASH TWO WEEKS AGO AND BOTH MY CRADELS BROKE JUST UNDERNEETH THE Y SECTION THE PROBLEM I THINK WAS THE GRADE OF ALUM I USED HERE IN SA 6063 T6 AND THAT IS THE BEST GRADE OF ALUM YOU CAN GET IN SA :cry: IS THERE ANY HOON THAT CAN HELP ME I AM REG AT PAYPAL THANKS
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

i can send you tube any day, say what length, give my your address and i'll quote freight
i'll take paypal
round edge 6061t-6511
ShanMan

Post by ShanMan »

I dont recommend trying to bend (form) tubing in the T6 condition...it has a lots of tempering in it and it needs to be seriously overbroken (bent past the desired angle or radius) to get your net shape. Also, in doing so, you will likely cause a ton of micro-cracks while forming. It's best to form any good AL ALY in the T0 through T3 condition and then normalize and heat treat it afterwards if you have the ability to do so.

Not trying to hijack a sale here, just trying to save somebody from the frustration of trying to bend tubes that are not meant to be bent.

One side note...the cradle, when done correctly, it seriously underloaded as the engine cases carry much of the stresses in that area of the frame. So, if you are lucky enough to not crack your T6 tubing while forming, you might not break the frame after welding. :wink:
CR500AC widget maker
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

no threats of a hi-jack, i know guys pursue this tube and i have alot available, i hear different guys dooing different things
fox

Post by fox »

I am not sure but i think i have to make more post to upload pictures of my mod am i right or can someone please help me i am sure you guys would know best as what the best way will be to get my beer can fixet again thank :lol:
asteroid500

Post by asteroid500 »

Shaggy in Australia sell's pre bent tubes ready to go, with extra length at both ends so you can do your own thing.

http://www.bannedcr500riders.com/board/ ... php?t=8328
"not speeding officer".....qualifying

CR250 97
CR500 AF 99 (in progress)
CR500 AF CR G-4
CR500 1985 true legend
RGV250 96 X2
GSXR600 07 TRACK BIKE
VH Commadore cup car (race)
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

its true, he just got a batch of tube earlier this week too :wink:
fox

Post by fox »

IS IT TRUE SHAGGY YOU WILL BE A BEER CAN SAVER I WILL ALSO BUY SOME ENGINE MOUNTS IF YOU HAVE SOME STOCK PLEASE I AM DESPERATE PLEASE LET ME KNOW :shock: