Alpinestars bionic S armor

Good Purchase? Paper Weight? Speak Up!!!
JR650

Alpinestars bionic S armor

Post by JR650 »

Bought this short jacket last spring after my last great getoff and didnt really test it hard.
So im going up this nasty steep river hill thats sandy with about a 6 foot dirt vert at the top. coming in way too hot, (it had just rained, wet sand) so i let off a bit, tire caught the lip or something, pitched my sorry ass over the bars (apparently i looked like a whitetail deer jumping a fence :shock: ) and the bike landed full on my back, tire spinning ( i got the skid marks on my jersey) needless to say i was making some sweet noises for a minute but otherwise 100% unharmed, not even a mark on my back, front or otherwise despite my bitch getting enough traction on me to spin around 180 and end up in a bush.
I am seriously impressed with how well it absorbed the impact, short of knocking the wind out of me, zero damage just a little stiff the next day. Definitely gets a 10/10 out of me. comfortable and actually works, highly recommended, JR
00 XR650R street legal SM
02 250/500
HoosierDaddy

Post by HoosierDaddy »

( i got the skid marks on my jersey)

And I bet, "Skid Marks" in your shorts too!!!
This Aint no Party, This aint no Disco, This aint no follin around....
JR650

Post by JR650 »

none in the shorts, it was one of those slow motion "fuck, im gonna crash, yep im goin over tha bars" moments. as opposed to the "suprise, biotch, you be on the ground" type of crash.
00 XR650R street legal SM
02 250/500
asteroid500

Post by asteroid500 »

Iv'e wore my UFO full body skeleton armour since 97, i actualy bought it with my CR250 of that year, i copped some shit over it as it was a fishnet stocking with all the armour sewn to it but i still have it to this day...yeh its not as springy as it was & theres a few holes, the elastics on its way out, but fuck me ive had some biggys with it and i know i would of faired alot worst off if id of gone for the external style armor...ever notice how they always seem to slide around on you when you fuck up.....Hang on .... i dont remember wearing my body armour with the chest plate under my arm pit????oh and my elbo pads are now bicept covers!!!! :shock:
"not speeding officer".....qualifying

CR250 97
CR500 AF 99 (in progress)
CR500 AF CR G-4
CR500 1985 true legend
RGV250 96 X2
GSXR600 07 TRACK BIKE
VH Commadore cup car (race)