Ticket advice.

Express YOUR point, no pissing matches.

List sources whenever possible!
AdmirableSoup

Ticket advice.

Post by AdmirableSoup »

About 12 days ago a buddy and i went shooting out in the desert. (ocotillo wells area) Long story short we eventually ended up where we could shoot our guns but was closed to motor vehicles. A ranger came up and wrote us a ticket (VC 38301). Any one else been through this? Any advice for fighting the ticket? :cry:
Nodge

Post by Nodge »

Did you have motor vehicles?
Yah, I'm from Saskatchetoon!

MRE 02 250/500 conversion, pulse injector, twirp porting, coolhead, MRE ignition, blah blah blah blah... www.millarengines.com
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

Here's the wording.

V C Section 38301 Unlawful to Violate Special Regulations
Unlawful to Violate Special Regulations

38301. (a) It is unlawful to operate a vehicle in violation of special regulations which have been promulgated by the governmental agency having jurisdiction over public lands, including, but not limited to, regulations governing access, routes of travel, plants, wildlife, wildlife habitat, water resources, and historical sites.

(b) A person who operates a motor vehicle in an area closed to that vehicle is guilty of a public offense and shall be punished as follows:

(1) Except as provided in paragraphs (2) and (3), the offense is an infraction punishable by a fine not exceeding fifty dollars ($50).

(2) For a second offense committed within seven years after a prior violation for which there was a conviction punishable under paragraph (1), the offense is an infraction punishable by a fine not exceeding seventy-five dollars ($75).

(3) For a third or subsequent offense committed within seven years after two or more prior violations for which there were convictions punishable under this section, the offense is punishable by a fine not exceeding one hundred fifty dollars ($150). In addition to the fine, the court may assess costs sufficient to repair property damage resulting from the violation.

Two against one, in the desert with weapons.
How did this happen? :) I mean, how did he get away? :)
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Fifty bucks is pretty cheap in these parts. Its in a different county. File it under misc.
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

I didn't know you could shoot in Ocotillo.

More and more areas are being closed down. All in the name of "conservation" :evil:

Ticket sucks man. :x
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

AdmirableSoup

Post by AdmirableSoup »

I had my truck parked out there should of mentioned that earlier.
:roll:

We where at a known shooting range over by the old quarry off of split mtn road come to find out there was a sign that was all shot up about 20 feet away from us stating that motor vehicles where not allowed past that point.

The thing that is bugging me is shouldn't a sign be visible from a certain distance? Its kinda screwed up that he gave us a ticket because we couldn't see the sign due to all the bullet holes through it...
:(

Iggy what do you mean file it under misc? Wont it still affect my driving record which will greatly affect my insurance costs? (i am an 22 year old male with a clean record)
fastkart

Post by fastkart »

My assumption is that it's a non-moving violation as the vehicle was parked, and it will likely be treated the same as a parking ticket and not affect your license or insurance.

If you really want to fight a $50 ticket, bring photos of where you were and the sign that wasn't able to be read.

The ticket sucks, but I'd just buck up and pay it.
blowinsmoke

Post by blowinsmoke »

Those blm guys are really taking all of the fun out of the desert. I would just pay the 50bucks and be glad thats all they got you for. It shouldn't affect your driving record and 50bucks ain't worth taking the day off to fight it.