Hoons?

Use some common sense ....
Tharrell

Hoons?

Post by Tharrell »

I admit I've done this but, I was 14 at the time.
1974 YZ125, Seminole Fla.
Florida Highway patrol, got away after a really close call.
2 hours later he was in my driveway when I pulled up.
Guess I had more of a rep than I thought.
http://youtu.be/KqqojXBjYxU
Also, got caught skipping school and riding behind the school in the dunes.
Man, those were the daze :)

btw-Ever wonder where stolen bikes go?
I don't think the wheelie kings buy their bikes.
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

I grew up in the Santa Cruz Mountains in the Bay Area. I didn't know what it was like to ride legally until I moved to Reno. Even when we went riding at the legal area we would sneak in late at night and make them chase us around for the money all day which they never got. Being chased made it kind of more fun when it was legal it felt so unpressured. My school cutting was usually to surf. When we had that big earthquake in 1989 the Mountains where the quake was actually epicentered (even though they made it seem like it was in Frisco) was all martial law. We were allowed to ride dirtbikes wherever we wanted for a little over a month. They had this ditto coppied sheet of paper you had to show to get on the hill so we printed up a bunch of them and everyone was riding....greatest time of my life. There was about a 20' seperation in Summit road they filled in with some dirt to make it driveable, we would hit that thing tapped and launch....pretty sure I wouldn't do that now.
O.ne B.ig A.ss M.istake A.merica
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

I know what you mean about the legal thing.
There is a thrill about getting away with it.
Beer for instance. Incredible thrill to break the law back in the day.
In Fla at the time you could drink at 18.
Just before my birthday we moved to Alabama where the legal age was 19, and I lived in a dry county so, bootleggers got a lot of business.
Man I crammed a lot into about 6 years back then, don't know how I did it.
Sorta lucky to be alive to be honest.
Now for some reason, I always see trees and shit jumping out in front of me. I used to race through orange groves without hesitation.
The time I got caught skipping in the dunes behind the school, there was an uphill jump and you would land between 2 dumpsters on the backside of the school. The dean of boys was standing there when I was in the air, almost knocked him down.
Back then riding gear was actually leathers and I had mine on as well as goggles full bores etc...
When I got home my mom said he called and wanted me there right away.
We lived on a cul de sac across the street so I walked over there in my riding gear and got 3 whacks but didn't feel a thing.
Again, I didn't know I had a rep but apparently I did.
Funny, heat rain whatever, nothing stopped me from riding back then.
I did smack a grapefruit hanging from a tree with my open face helmet one time and it slowed me down for a while.
Now I pussy up if it's a little humid.