Flexx bars and inserts

Good Purchase? Paper Weight? Speak Up!!!
Mik329

Flexx bars and inserts

Post by Mik329 »

Have any of you guys tried the Fasst Co flexx bars and/or inserts? Are the bars worth it or are the inserts doing enough?
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

Yeah, I was wondering about those bars too.
I imagine they would be great on a 4 wheeler.
TYSTYX

Post by TYSTYX »

to kill vibration in my bars I taped one end , packed the bars with fine sand from our local sand dunes , siliconed one end leaving 1.5 inches for hand guards, let it dry, dumped out 1.5 inches of sand from the other side , siliconed it.......not only did it kill most of my vibration, but it eliminated the arm pump I used to get.
99 CR500R
2006 Honda CBR 1000RR Fireblade

My Drinking team has a Racing problem !

lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

Ive got 3 sets of them they are hard to get use to but I think I like em
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
kball1313

flexx

Post by kball1313 »

I've heard the inserts are useless, but I have a set of the bars. I think they work well and the ones I bought had a good amount of rise for me as well as being able to keep my gpr steering stab. They do feel strange at first, especially when you're just sitting on the bike because they flex around a bit, but it's not as noticeable when you're riding. And the rougher the terrain, the less you notice it.
If if doesn't kill you, it hurts like hell.
Quads are dirtbikes for fat kids.
seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

I have run em since they first came out. gotta keep the pins greased, if the sieze and get dry it's a pain and can be a bit spendy to get right again. they are honed to .0001 tolerances.

I noticed a difference swtiching to RG3 triples, the 4 rubber post set up for helping with vibes.

same with the bars, they helped too

added fasst inserts that helped too

I did these mods independantly, in other words I didn't just bolt al the stufff on at once and claim they all work. Each mod added a few minutes of ride time before my hands would start going numb.

The STR crank made more difference than all the mods above regarding getting rid of vibes. The lower end was fresh and tight before doing the STR crank.

Fasst is going to be coming out with a new design soon that uses bearing from moutain bike rear swingarm suspension to replace the pin that needs to be greased for the pivot. The new bars are supposed to be substancially better at separating the vibes from the 2 parts of the bars. Chris (the owner) said it was a major difference.

I have not bent a set yet and I love the way they absorb impacts. I have not had sore wrists since adding them unless there was some rider error/get off involved.

I just updated to the longer bolt dual elastimer set up so they work going up and down. Not sure if that made a difference or not.
Mik329

Post by Mik329 »

good info, thanks guys!
seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

I have the new design on my bike now. I sold off the old ones on ebay. The new flexx bars have a bearing at the pivot now to replace what was a very precise hole/grease/pin pivot point. The bearing design is from rear suspension pivot points on mountain bikes.

Anyway it works VERY well. I didn't bother to try it without the anti-vibe inserts. I'm already am convinced the inserts work well. Easy test to prove it. Put just 1 insert in and ride. The hand that tingles first is the one without the insert.

I've done 2 or 3 long motos, around 45 minutes. Abosolutely no numbness or tingling in my hands. Used to get it after 20 or 25 minutes, maybe 30 hour if I was lucky.

Loven them.
OUTKAST INC.

Post by OUTKAST INC. »

ive got a set of inserts if any body is interested , 15 bucks plus you pay the shipping , tried them with tag fat bars , on a solid tag triple clamp , helped quite a bit , then i switched to the rubber mount tag clamp without the inserts in the bars and have been happy enough that i havent put the inserts back in , plus i am far to picky about adding weight any where.
OUTKAST INC.

Post by OUTKAST INC. »

the inserts are like new and have all the mounting stuff for a ton of diffferent kinds of bars
homenf

flexx bars

Post by homenf »

Got my first ride with my new flexx bars. They do eat up smaller bumps that I would feel with the Renthals. I'll know more about helping with the vibes on a longer ride at a later date. I tried them on my 06 cr500af.
94 CR125
06 CR500AF

"I'd give you my two cents on this hope and change thing, but I can't afford to anymore."