***Geek Alert*** Wireless Router

Good Purchase? Paper Weight? Speak Up!!!
Exnav

***Geek Alert*** Wireless Router

Post by Exnav »

Sorry Bob, but this new wireless router kicks ass. D-Link DIR-655. Got rid of my old Linksys stuff and there is a noticeable difference in speed. Paid $129.00 at Best Buy, well the wife's business paid.
Money ain't got no owners, only spenders - Omar Little
ISBB

Post by ISBB »

i use an older netgear G router and works just peachy.. im really curious to see how well this off brand pci wireless nic works in my *nix machine thats going in the garage :P
97 Steel 500 that wants to be an AFC
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

I hate my netgear sometimes I have to unplug it and wait about ten seconds and then plug it back in so that I can connect moreso for my wifes wireless laptop
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
britincali

Post by britincali »

I have no idea what you guys are talking about :lol: :lol: :lol:
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
Travis

Post by Travis »

I have a cheap Belkin Wireless router that works awesome with the laptop that has built in wireless. My desktop though can't stay cennected for 5 friggin minutes. I had it on a hard wire but when Baby 2 needed it's own room the desktop found a new home in the kitchen with no wires near. I put a linksys wireless card in the PC but I have to right click then repair the connection every few minutes. Any Ideas???
Travis

89 CR500
01 Banshee
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

Travis wrote:I have a cheap Belkin Wireless router that works awesome with the laptop that has built in wireless. My desktop though can't stay cennected for 5 friggin minutes. I had it on a hard wire but when Baby 2 needed it's own room the desktop found a new home in the kitchen with no wires near. I put a linksys wireless card in the PC but I have to right click then repair the connection every few minutes. Any Ideas???
That's the exact reason I finally had to replace the Linksys WRT56G...it kept dropping the wireless connection multiple times a day and when the wifey works from home, she is usually conducting a Webex and cannot afford to lose the connection. I have untold hours on tech support and all they can tell me is that I have interference causing this. The new router is supposed to be interference free.
Money ain't got no owners, only spenders - Omar Little
Travis

Post by Travis »

I thought it might have been interference so I put the router right beside the wireless phone. The laptop works fine in the exact spot the desktop is at. Peice-o-junk linksys I think.
Travis

89 CR500
01 Banshee