Amsoil Torque Drive

Good Purchase? Paper Weight? Speak Up!!!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Amsoil Torque Drive

Post by AlisoBob »

Ok, heres the story.... I've done the reasearch.....

In my 2004 Duramax is a Allison "1000" series transmission. Its made and dyno tested with a fluid called "Transynd" in it . After final testing, its drained ( not the T/C however) and shipped to GM.

GM is too cheap ass'ed to use Transynd , and they refilled it with Dexron III. This has caused quite a rift between GM and Allison from what I can gather, and the problem is worse with the new trucks that come filled with Dexron VI.

Allison is pissed the transmissions dont shift correctly, GM is pissed they dont last very long... both parties point the finger at the other.

The transmissionsare very robust in design, but quite finicky in what fluids they like. Shifting is not accomplished with spools valves and check balls like is a TH400, its all done with micro solenoids and electronics.

Long story short..... if you use any of the Dex fluids, its never going to shift correctly.

Allison is pretty proud of the Transynd, its $225 for a 5 gallon pail.. what to do..what to do....

Enter Amsoil...

Product Applications
AMSOIL Torque-Drive™ is recommended as a direct replacement for TranSynd® Synthetic ATF in heavy duty, on and off highway automatic transmissions manufactured by Allison,® General Motors,® Ford,® Voith® and ZF® or wherever the standards TES-295, C-4, Dexron® III, Mercon,® Voith G-1363 or TE-ML 14C are specified. Examples of operations that benefit from using AMSOIL Torque-Drive™ include municipal or transit buses, motor coaches, garbage haulers, motor homes, delivery vans, emergency vehicles, school buses, dump trucks, utility vehicles, cement trucks, line haul trucks and tow trucks.

In cold temperatures, AMSOIL Torque-Drive™ easily flows, as it does not contain the wax found in conventional ATFs. Cold temperature fluidity allows for the proper operation of small, delicate, electronically controlled solenoids that affect gear changes. Unlike conventional ATFs, transmissions using AMSOIL Torque-Drive™ have quick response times during cold operations and can be used immediately upon start-up.

Igg-ro hooked me up with some... let me tell you..... You know your made the correct choice in fluids in 5 miles of driving.

Shifts are quick, firm, and on schedule. Its like you installed a mild shift kit.

If you have any year Duramax with an Allison, you need this stuff, now!

Amsoil says its good for 100k miles. I'll change it in 1/2 that.

Spin on filters swapped every 20k....

I'm lovin' this Torque Drive, Thanks Igg!
Slomo

Post by Slomo »

I have Amsoil in my Cummins- engine, trans, front and rear diff.
The stuff rocks!
Hell, I even ran some Dominator in my 500 @ 50:1 with U-2 fuel. Good stuff. I've been debating switching over from Klotz.
Back to the truck-
Get yourself a Mag Hytec double deep tranny pan and if you have the extra cash, get a rear diff cover also. I have both and dig em.
MICK

Post by MICK »

Amsoil is good stuff...

The 0-30, ATF & 75-90 I use in my truck speak worlds for Amsoil's quality. Blackstone lab results have been amazing with all three. The driving advantages are also quite nice considering the synthetic oils it's replaced. And it's also fairly priced IMO. As there are more expensive oils on the market. When you factor in a dealer or preferred customer discount you just can't beat it.
'03 CR500 powered by...umm...a new motor?
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

slomas wrote: Get yourself a Mag Hytec double deep tranny pan and if you have the extra cash, get a rear diff cover also. I have both and dig em.
I'm not spending $700 on covers...

When Transdapt knocks them off for $44.95, I'm there....
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

AlisoBob wrote:I'm not spending $700 on covers...

When Transdapt knocks them off for $44.95, I'm there....
And I will thank you for your business and so will the Vandergriff Top Fuel team :lol:
Money ain't got no owners, only spenders - Omar Little
Slomo

Post by Slomo »

http://www.xtremediesel.com/mag-hytecal ... onpan.aspx

Cheap, considering I added it when I did the billet trans parts (which are expensive).
How much are those fancy CR500 stator covers going for?
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

I'm Mag Hytec dealer and LE lubricants :doh:
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

teemtrubble wrote:I'm Mag Hytec dealer and LE lubricants :doh:
LE as in Lubrication Engineers?
Money ain't got no owners, only spenders - Omar Little
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

Yep for any of you who don't know who that is the make the best lubricants period!
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
Slomo

Post by Slomo »

There's always time for lubrication..
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

P/P's fav brand.....

AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

teemtrubble wrote:Yep for any of you who don't know who that is the make the best lubricants period!
http://www.le-inc.com/products.jsp?productID=38

Is this what you run?
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

Yes sir that be the one!
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
robertg

Post by robertg »

I bought a new deep B&M pan for mine off eBay for about $80.00 last year. I changed over to the Transynd and installed a Transgo Jr shift kit at the same time. I like the way it shifts now. The oil was more money than the shift kit and pan.

I am going to change the diff and transfer case oils one of these days. I barely have 6,000 miles on mine and it's a 07.

I didn't think the Amsoil met the TES-295 spec?
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

robertg wrote:
I didn't think the Amsoil met the TES-295 spec?
Yup....
Amsoil wrote:

Engineered specifically for the Allison TES-295 transmission fluid specification. Replaces Allison/Castrol Transynd® fluid. Excellent protection in temperature extremes. Ensures consistent, smooth clutch engagement over the life of the fluid and controls clutch glazing and elongated shift times.
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

There you have it folks, The man has spoken!

Thanks Bob.
Trinity Racing mild porting FMF
62 pilot, EGH needle, 172 main
03 Gen III CR250 frame

2013 Dodger Charger 5.7 Hemi

http://www.prisonplanet.com

Your Amsoil Customer # 350882
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Your welcome Igg..... its good stuff!
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

in bobs case with the tranny i think it might be critical what oil is used. but for the motor, im convinced oil is oil :wink: