New Rims

Good Purchase? Paper Weight? Speak Up!!!
Steiner 311

New Rims

Post by Steiner 311 »

More of a preview but, I just picked up a killer set of new DNA's today from Josh @ MXwheels.net for some R&D, super light! Let ya know how they perform after Sunday's race at Racetown. Hoons are able to get these wheels at unbeatable prices, shoot me a PM if you'd like.

Bob, no spammy intended, you know the deal!! Shit, I haven't really even checked to see if he's on yer approved vendor yet, if not, I'll have to talk to ya about it!! :cool:

Jas......................................................................................................

"Practice does NOT make perfect, only perfect practice makes perfect!"
MICK

Post by MICK »

Post up the weights of your new bling rims...

Like Mad Dog did here: http://www.bannedcr500riders.com/board/ ... el+weights

I don't know of an aftermarket wheel set that is indeed lighter than OEM. I'm not saying yours aren't, but if they are I'd like to know what the actual difference was between the stock set and your DNAs.
'03 CR500 powered by...umm...a new motor?
exackery

It would be my luck

Post by exackery »

10 bucks says I'd slip installing the tire and put 2 or 3 big ass scratches is the sides of those black babies. Still, I gotta say anodized machined hubs are definitely chubb material (I'd prefer red w/gold).
jbird_710

Post by jbird_710 »

I bought a set also but got red hubs with mine. I'm about to do a refresh on my AF and plan to install them aferwards. I picked up a couple of the Motion Pro rim savers and used those to mount my tires so I wouldn't scratch the rims. Didn't require much extra effort. I did see where Josh or someone else selling the DNA's said the silver rims don't show scratches after extended use like the color rims do.
'87 CR500R / (2) '01 CR500R / '02 MPS CR500R AF / '06 XR650R / '06 XR650L / '01 XR400R / '01 FLHTCUI / '04 CRF 450R / '84 CR500R / '89 Transalp /'05 CRF450X / '02 XR200R
Jay Birdsong

Don't you know about the Bird?
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

let us know, I might want a set of gold on gold for my gen-3 :wink:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
Steiner 311

Post by Steiner 311 »

I'll post up weights when I pull the tires off, not sure if they're lighter or not, they definitely feel like it. I do know OEM wheels have OEM spokes that we consistantly break, I like the DNA's for the H/D Gorilla spokes and the 3 spoke over OEM. I'm not too worried about scratches, afterall they're on a dirtbike, but I hear what yer say'in! I'll call Josh and try to get weights today for you!

Danny- let me know if you'd indeed like a set, unbelievable price!

Jas......................................................................................................
"Practice does NOT make perfect, only perfect practice makes perfect!"
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

cool, thx. I'm waiting for some money to come in. what kind of price am I looking at?
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

Where are DNA rims, spokes, and hubs made?
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
Balaclava

Post by Balaclava »

i know they are american...i'm thinking of these DNA wheels as well...