Flag mounts

Good Purchase? Paper Weight? Speak Up!!!
britincali

Flag mounts

Post by britincali »

Ive been having issues with the flag coming out of the mount on both bikes lately and its a pain in the arse, what are you guys running???
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

billetware.com
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!
ISBB

Post by ISBB »

$10 axle mount $.10 ziptie and 1 season with the same whip! eff your $40 bling whip mount that i will just kick the damn whip off anyways when i get on the bike.. I got short legs so its a hop and a swing to get my leg over :P
97 Steel 500 that wants to be an AFC
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

ISBB wrote:$10 axle mount $.10 ziptie and 1 season with the same whip! eff your $40 bling whip mount that i will just kick the damn whip off anyways when i get on the bike.. I got short legs so its a hop and a swing to get my leg over :P
eff my $40 whip mount? Wow dude at least get it right it's $60.00 with the quick disconnect! :wink:
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

I don't use quick disconnects, I always lose flags. I get the compression bolt and hammer the flag into and and if the flag breaks off, I hammer the stump out and hammer the next one in.
the flag pole diameters vary too much. with the quick disconnects I fand some are too tight and the ring can't make it far up enough to compress so you lose it, or the pole is too thin and it slides right out.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

I use an axle mount and bend it away from the bike a few degrees to avoid the wheel/flag interaction and that way I also don't end up kicking the flag.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
ISBB

Post by ISBB »

teemtrubble wrote:
ISBB wrote:$10 axle mount $.10 ziptie and 1 season with the same whip! eff your $40 bling whip mount that i will just kick the damn whip off anyways when i get on the bike.. I got short legs so its a hop and a swing to get my leg over :P
eff my $40 whip mount? Wow dude at least get it right it's $60.00 with the quick disconnect! :wink:
LOL you know what i meant. :P Got your box of stuff today.. Thx UPS Guy pulled up right as i was walkin out the door to head to work :D
97 Steel 500 that wants to be an AFC
Blusmbl

Post by Blusmbl »

Axle mount from David Allen Racing. It's two pieces, far enough away from the swingarm, and never hits the tire or plastics. I think it was $15.

that's right....velvet, bitches!!!
britincali

Post by britincali »

No I mean the grabber thing that hold the pole, I dont wanna have to wrench one on everytime.

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
Blusmbl

Post by Blusmbl »

I've never been a fan of the flags that don't have an integrated base. Why not just carry a crescent wrench?
britincali

Post by britincali »

If the flag snaps you are fuked without a toolbox.

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
Blusmbl

Post by Blusmbl »

Don't break your flag, problem solved! :cool:
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

britincali wrote:No I mean the grabber thing that hold the pole, I dont wanna have to wrench one on everytime.
See that black push button thing on the end of Jays mount? Now remember the hole in the fender on the roller you bought? $19.95 at Cycle Parts West. :wink:

Hint, take it apart and ream the center part out with a #D drill which is .257 mines @ .261 and the flag has never come out.
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

The BilletWare goody is the shit. I used a axle mount for years and it works good in that it almost never breaks a pole. They do bend sometimes and will fatigue and break off after time. But the number one reason I like the bling billet peice more is because you get about 2 feet of whip higher than an axle mount. Maybe some dunes is doesn't matter, but in the back dunes at Glamis, some jack off is gonna crest a dune towing a dead quad with long rope which means if he doesn't see you until it's to late, the quad is gonna be sling shot right into you forcing you down a fricken slip face where you will eat your dookie and end up drinking rum for the next 3 days trying to kill the pain. :wink:
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

The BilletWare goody is the shit. I used a axle mount for years and it works good in that it almost never breaks a pole. They do bend sometimes and will fatigue and break off after time. But the number one reason I like the bling billet peice more is because you get about 2 feet of whip higher than an axle mount. Maybe some dunes is doesn't matter, but in the back dunes at Glamis, some jack off is gonna crest a dune towing a dead quad with a long rope which means if he doesn't see you until it's to late, the quad is gonna be sling shot right into you forcing you down a fricken slip face where you will eat your dookie and end up drinking rum at camp for the next 3 days trying to kill the pain. :wink:
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

Blusmbl wrote:Axle mount from David Allen Racing. It's two pieces, far enough away from the swingarm, and never hits the tire or plastics. I think it was $15.

that's right....velvet, bitches!!!
Nice seat
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

Ported&Polished wrote:The BilletWare goody is the shit. I used a axle mount for years and it works good in that it almost never breaks a pole. They do bend sometimes and will fatigue and break off after time. But the number one reason I like the bling billet peice more is because you get about 2 feet of whip higher than an axle mount. Maybe some dunes is doesn't matter, but in the back dunes at Glamis, some jack off is gonna crest a dune towing a dead quad with long rope which means if he doesn't see you until it's to late, the quad is gonna be sling shot right into you forcing you down a fricken slip face where you will eat your dookie and end up drinking rum for the next 3 days trying to kill the pain. :wink:
:lol: sounds like you are speaking from experience! HAHA
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80