Stator and Clutch Covers

Good Purchase? Paper Weight? Speak Up!!!
kelroy_leon

Post by kelroy_leon »

is the option available for different text and script ?
OLD: You don't know what the f--k you're doing.
PREFERRED: I think you could use more training.
asteroid500

Post by asteroid500 »

As far as scripts go i'd rather have dierect copys of the factory units or a honda wing on one side but hey i'll run with what evers popular.
"not speeding officer".....qualifying

CR250 97
CR500 AF 99 (in progress)
CR500 AF CR G-4
CR500 1985 true legend
RGV250 96 X2
GSXR600 07 TRACK BIKE
VH Commadore cup car (race)
bearorso

Post by bearorso »

Good on you Asteriod, for trying to get this organised - but it must be like trying to herd cats.
asteroid500

Post by asteroid500 »

Well bearso,
every fucker in the World wanted them 2mths ago & now it's getting to the crunch and now its all to hard...some couldnt wait and bought Boysen & SH units while some havnt taken up the offer......

If your in Australia & you dead set want a set of these covers call me....
0439 900 835 Carl.......

As far as cost goes, the more we get the cheaper it will be.
Design...well i'm not sure what Shan & bob have in mind so i'd like to know to.......it cant be this hard to do....surley. :roll:

CR250 97
CR500 AF CR G-4
CR500 1985 true legend
RGV250 96 X2
GSXR600 07 TRACK BIKE
bearorso

Post by bearorso »

I'm not after any - I use the HM stator and it's entirely covered by my bash plate - with the clutch cover I use a CF guard from a KTM (it's great, the things that you find by the trail side, especially when the 'bling' people fit seems to only be held on by silastic :roll: ) which does a good job of protecting the OEM cover. I need to find another soon as it's getting pretty beat up.

As I said, and it appears you have found - herding cats is a great way to describe what you're trying to organize. I think , perhaps , you might have to say, this is the design, order if you want it, with a hard deposit on it. Or, perhaps just plain covers - as I suggested to another fellow in the other thread about these, then blokes can get whatever they want engraved ( there are lots of engravers out there, with set ups that virtually mimic 'machining' of emblems) or fully machined up for themselves. If your dealing with the actual makers of these, you would, I assume, obtain them for a a good price. And the freight would be much more reasonable in a small quantity.
agent

Post by agent »

I am still in for a set, plain / wings / 500 wings / or / cr500.

just let me know who to pay.

Rick
asteroid500

Post by asteroid500 »

I emailed the manufacture quite afew days ago but he hasnt responded yet...i'll give him a few more to see what he recons.

CR250 97
CR500 AF CR G-4
CR500 1985 true legend
RGV250 96 X2
GSXR600 07 TRACK BIKE
asteroid500

Post by asteroid500 »

It's official,
"YES"it's all to fucking hard, so i give up...Shaggy lets get or collective heads together & get these fuckers made in AU...

No response from the machinest or the people with the cad drawings, no will to share the info, were not in it for the $, fuck me to own a 500 is to spend $, i mean after all were 500 riders trying to keep the bastards alive.

A huge apology to ALL those that were super keen on a set of ever elusive shan covers......& you recon the Muggen/HRC covers are hard to get...
And to the head fuckers....GET FUCKED!

CR250 97
CR500 AF CR G-4
CR500 1985 true legend
RGV250 96 X2
GSXR600 07 TRACK BIKE
seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

:cry: :cry:

thanks for trying.
bearorso

Post by bearorso »

asteroid500 wrote:It's official,
"YES"it's all to fucking hard, so i give up...Shaggy lets get or collective heads together & get these fuckers made in AU...

No response from the machinist or the people with the cad drawings, no will to share the info, were not in it for the $, fuck me to own a 500 is to spend $, i mean after all were 500 riders trying to keep the bastards alive.

A huge apology to ALL those that were super keen on a set of ever elusive shan covers......& you recon the Muggen/HRC covers are hard to get...
And to the head fuckers....GET FUCKED!
You don't need Shaggy - as far as I've gathered, he gets someone else to machine / bend things up for him. You to can be an entrepreneur, and have things made up for you!

You live in the north - Machinists / business' with CNC machines should be a dime a dozen. If they have CNC machines, they'll have blokes who can measure / scan side covers and do a program to produce what you want.

Just find a bloke who's bored shit-less making up batches of things for the mines etc, work out a deal, and off you go. * Your best bet might just be a bloke that works in a big mine/ mining related project that does in - house work - that's where you'll find machines that may not be fully committed to earning jobs *. CNC machines, are just what the Acronym says - computer numerically controlled machining. If the machines there are paid for, or being paid off, the digital machinist ( few of them now are actual, old school machinists, that could do work on the handles :roll: ) might just say yes. If the machine is sitting there with down time ( and that's the problem , finding a machine that's not in use) and with no hard set up, most blokes will do something for you - Beer is a great currency, 'foreign order' bucks can be the best bucks a bloke gets ( can't explain why, but it's always been sweeter to me than 'above board bucks') . I've a fellow in my area who does things for me with regards to machining if I'd rather not spin handles in my workshop - I do stuff for him with my TIG and somewhat unconventional engineering skills.

If your lucky, you might find a place that has off cut materials that can be used for small jobs - the price of aluminium is :shock: :shock: :shock: now if you have to buy stock. That in itself could make the project nonviable.

Get things machined up, and present them here and on the other site. Just look at this attempt to herd cats as a learning exercise - it might have given you a good indication what people, as a majority, prefer in terms of the design to be machined onto the covers. And what they are prepared to pay for them.

Good on you for trying - keep at it, and you might find you have a way of financing a few more toys, or at least some extra beer and snacks :D
asteroid500

Post by asteroid500 »

Hey, Bearso,
Look up here in Darwin it's a shit fight, if you aint a multi national company you aint got a fuck'n chance......my cousin Stuye dose all my bits & pieces out of Melbourne, but he's been a unreliable britincali of late so i'm gonna have to wait'n see....if & when i do get these bloody things made i'm sell'n'them on ebay so any & every one can get them....

have you seen the price of the Muggen/HRC copys of late, what fuck'n dreamers $500-600USD, what a rip.

Any way i'm over the fuck'n things right now & i'm chassing a set of Boysen...atleast there availible if not frail..... :evil:

CR250 97
CR500 AF CR G-4
CR500 1985 true legend
RGV250 96 X2
GSXR600 07 TRACK BIKE
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

asteroid500 wrote:It's official,

No response from the machinest or the people with the cad drawings...
I emailed him, this was his response...

"I received a email for one guy and sent a reply but haven’t heard back from anyone. And all he asked was how much the covers were going to cost shipped to his address. I don’t have time to watch the forum at all to see if anyone is leaving me messages but I thought that it might alert me.

East Valley Precision LLC

Robert C. Lyons

5248 S. Delaware Dr. Bldg B.

Apache Junction, Arizona 85220

rob@evpweb.com

Phone: 480-288-6601

Fax: 480-288-6605"

Try to contact him again......
asteroid500

Post by asteroid500 »

Hi Bob,
I did send an email asking for the cost per unit..(like der) & the cost for frieght to AU (like double der), but never had a reply

Hey we try'd :lol: ...i'll save my $ then pay some one to make'm for me down under & sell the fuckers on E-bay....i bet he'll start making them then :evil:

What blows me away is the demand for these is there.
Dont get caught up in the whats on'm & what script to use,
just make'm look like factory honda ones, then sell them.

Shaggy went to great lengths & cost to make his...bought SH units, tig welded the logos in, machined the covers back to blanks then had there own logos machined in...alot of work i thought but they were chasing a look & achived it.

& then theres that bloke on E-bay selling Muggen/HRC covers for $500US or there about.....Mate tell him hes dreaming.

CR250 97
CR500 AF CR G-4
CR500 1985 true legend
RGV250 96 X2
GSXR600 07 TRACK BIKE
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Shanman will have some news shortly about the availability of clutch and stator covers

:D
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

had a spark light under his ass ? ill cancel plans with this other dude.
dubious01

Post by dubious01 »

AlisoBob wrote:Shanman will have some news shortly about the availability of clutch and stator covers

I'm interested, if they are rea$onable, I will buy 2 sets

I don't care what the emblem is as long as its not Harley Davidson or gay pride!
:lol:
seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

AlisoBob wrote:Shanman will have some news shortly about the availability of clutch and stator covers

I need some........
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

I've given the fuck up on this......
mxdogger

Covers

Post by mxdogger »

I will be talking to a new machinist tomorrow about doing some work for me. He's in a small shop him and his dad own, i was told he has the capabilties, can do the cad and was interested in the work i need done.

i will ask about the covers also, im in a dam machinist town that used to be the screw capital of the world ? so i dont know why it is so hard to find guys to do this kind of work ?

If i have to i will get 2 or 3 of them working on parts and not let any of them know what the fuck is going on. :flamed: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

I think this whole thing is hilarious. I think if these were made/shelved, they would sell steadily. Problem is that people want them, but in 4 months when its time to pay, the money went somewhere else. Having a readily available product would sell rather will I think.
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

i have the sets that nodge paid for. sold a set in the last 6 months :roll:
Nodge

Post by Nodge »

I sat on 13 sets for over a year. Sold 1 set as well.
Kept 2 for myself, and gave the rest to roosty.
If you want some, he has some.
Yah, I'm from Saskatchetoon!

MRE 02 250/500 conversion, pulse injector, twirp porting, coolhead, MRE ignition, blah blah blah blah... www.millarengines.com
other

Post by other »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:i have the sets that nodge paid for. sold a set in the last 6 months :roll:
Huh ? . . . . I bought 2 sets off ya . . . . .
o.t.h.e.r . . . . .Over The Hill Enduro Rider
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

I'm meaning from nodges stash, the only remaining ones available
other

Post by other »

Oh right. . . . This thread amazes me. I cant believe there is no demand for these things, they're Hollywood ! I've bought 3 full sets now, and have none left (Well, I have 1 set, but that's reserved for Gregrobo ). Everyone who sees em, wants em ! I should have bought an extra set, just to leave on the shelf in the workshop, coz once these are gone, I'm stuck with shitbox Boyesen covers that are made out of eggshell ! I am planning to build a nicasil big-bore motor, and will get Roosty to do porting, decomp head etc, so might just combine freight, and grab another set of covers at the same time.
o.t.h.e.r . . . . .Over The Hill Enduro Rider