Somebody stop me...

Good Purchase? Paper Weight? Speak Up!!!
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

Glad you like bro
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
britincali

Post by britincali »

I would love one.
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
mxracr121

Post by mxracr121 »

MojoScojo wrote:I took it out for its maiden voyage yesterday. Basically just a putt around the riding area parking lot and up a couple of the dirt roads. The people at the dealership put in about a half a tank of gas mixed at 15:1 for break in...

I fouled a plug. :roll: I could feel it loading up, but didn't dare to blow it out.

At any rate, this machine lacks NOTHING, except maybe a comfy seat.
I don't have enough seat time and never exceeded half throttle, but I am optimistic that this unit will be ideal for me. Just need to change the gearing. Stock is too tall for the woods.

I'm getting anxious to get out for a real ride.
Cool. I have 4 days at the track on mine and I'm loving it. I did have to put a new clutch in, but other than that, a fantastic bike. Mines an '05 (very, very little difference from the '08 ), and its pretty modded, Eric Gorr 265cc kit, port and polish, PC pipe w/shorty, V-force, Enzo revalve/respring both ends, and subtanks, and so on. Anyway, its great. When I saw it for sale I had to have it, so much so, that I sold my AF to Ported and Polished. Not regreting it YET, but I am riding with Terence this weekend, lol.
Too much of a puss for a 500!

www.approvedpainting.net
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

Love riding this thing, but...still fouling plugs.
It's making me mad.
No longer have a CR500.
07 Yamaha YZ250, 17 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
Get on with riding or get on with dying.
https://www.youtube.com/mojoscojo
Blusmbl

Post by Blusmbl »

I had a '98... the jetting in it was vastly leaner than stock, down like 8 on the main and 6 on the pilot. It also fouled plugs pretty easily, the main issue was an incorrectly adjusted float setting. I'm not sure if the newer ones need such a dramatic change to run acceptably, though.
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

lol bad deal!
just picked up my 2000 cr250 for 800 bucks, and its immaculate.
all white with a black seat, all brand new. motor just rebuilt from bottom up. new tires, chain+ sprockets, its Mean!
needed front pads, but those were 14 bux for a set. no biggie
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.