Zip-Ty Airscrew

Good Purchase? Paper Weight? Speak Up!!!
Rosco-Peeko

Zip-Ty Airscrew

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

Yep Bobby Special...he turned me onto this many years ago and deserves a revisit....

I love all sorts of cool gadgetry....as long as it serves a purpose and works. Bobber turned me onto this several years back. I put one on the 500 and love it. Its simple, and makes life easy.

http://www.ziptyracing.com/air-screws/

How many times have you taken off in the cool morning...rode till the afternoon when things warm up and throws your jetting slightly rich. **raises hand** How about drastic changes in elevation? **raises hand**

The purpose this serves and it serves it well. You dont need a screw-stick to adjust your airscrew when needed. Reach down and set it with your fingers and get back to riding. What a novel idea!

As it comes int he mail:

It will however utilize your carbs OE airscrew spring!!!! Dont lose it or put this in without it. Unless you want to lose it and have a rather LARGE airleak...lol

I can dig it! Set at 1.25 turns out--same as my stocker was set at. Go ride!
Somewhere in Kenya, a village is missing their idiot.......
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Re: Zip-Ty Airscrew

Post by AlisoBob »

Rosco-Peeko wrote: How many times have you taken off in the cool morning...rode till the afternoon when things warm up and throws your jetting slightly rich. **raises hand** How about drastic changes in elevation? **raises hand**

The purpose this serves and it serves it well. You dont need a screw-stick to adjust your airscrew when needed. Reach down and set it with your fingers and get back to riding. What a novel idea!
This thing is worth its weight in gold.... cant believe it dosent come stock on bikes these days.
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

You dam fiddlers. I leave the house at 4800ft and the first climb out takes me to over 8000, drop down the back to about 6300 and rip the singletrack for a couple hours ranging from 5500 to about 7500 the only thing that gets touched is the nozzle on my camelback.

I'm sure it works great and I am really just messing with you guys. My bike blubbers so bad when I push it close to 9000 ft I am sure a twist of the screw would help, but I would have to stop, that doesn't happen much. I am a 100% set it and forget it kind of guy, I am also 100% sure your bikes run better than mine.
O.ne B.ig A.ss M.istake A.merica
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

rhino, its pretty easy to set.

stop the bike once its warm and run it in neutral

rev it what sounds to be double idle speed

turn the screw outwards 1/4 turn at a time until the motor stops picking up speed (maintain the same throttle position the entire time)

turn it back in until you notice it drop a few rpm

ride

It'll make a huge difference. If I leave the house at 1pm at a dry 20c and by 2pm its 25c and humid the airscrew makes the difference of abusing the clutch or nor.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Rhino89523 wrote: I am also 100% sure your bikes run better than mine.
I am 100% sure you ride better...

:notworthy:
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

its funny this thread has come up again as in need another one
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

Rhino89523 wrote:You dam fiddlers. I leave the house at 4800ft and the first climb out takes me to over 8000, drop down the back to about 6300 and rip the singletrack for a couple hours ranging from 5500 to about 7500 the only thing that gets touched is the nozzle on my camelback.

I'm sure it works great and I am really just messing with you guys. My bike blubbers so bad when I push it close to 9000 ft I am sure a twist of the screw would help, but I would have to stop, that doesn't happen much. I am a 100% set it and forget it kind of guy, I am also 100% sure your bikes run better than mine.
Ditto. 2000 - 6000. I only touch it if I have to because It's pinging or I'm fouling plugs.

...but, I have one of these and do use it.
No longer have a CR500.
07 Yamaha YZ250, 17 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
Get on with riding or get on with dying.
https://www.youtube.com/mojoscojo
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

I find the humidity here changes so much it can kill anything. The best rides are 7pm-dark :wink:
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

i like to set mine by going thru some tight trail and get the water temp close to boiling over, then pin it up a decent sized hill and lean it out till it surges

I am sure a twist of the screw would help, but I would have to stop, that doesn't happen much
adjusting the zip ty is like drinking from a camelbak, no need to stop, just reach down and adjust, ill adjust it while racing just to mess with the guy behind me :lol:
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Humidity....what is that? My face looks like a catchers mitt it gets so dry!!

Maybe I should try one, I am such an anti tuner, I set it out of the book in my garage, roll it into the driveway with all my gear on and ride the tank. If adjustments need to be made I do them in the garage and then go ride another tank. Suspension same way, same thing with every bike unless it will not run.

I tinker when the family goes to bed, I ride whenever I get the chance and never spend the riding time tinkering.
O.ne B.ig A.ss M.istake A.merica
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

Rhino89523 wrote:I ride whenever I get the chance and never spend the riding time tinkering.
Amen. Unless it's required because it's interfering with the riding.
No longer have a CR500.
07 Yamaha YZ250, 17 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
Get on with riding or get on with dying.
https://www.youtube.com/mojoscojo
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

Terry Cable carries Zip Ty products, I bought a couple cables and the air screw, total shipping was $8.72, not the $10 that Zip Ty gets for one screw.
Gen 2 AF, yes it's a SH, so I can call it an AF Damm it!