Cycra Probends (originals)

Good Purchase? Paper Weight? Speak Up!!!
Rosco-Peeko

Cycra Probends (originals)

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

I looked and did not see this on a glance. Figured I would add it in.

Slow progress, been TDY..just got back early yesterday morning and went right into work to receive a brand spankin new jet--no rest for the weary. Got home and started to unwind and saw a box on my work-bench. My Cycra's finally got here!!!!! I should have gone to sleep.....decided to wrench instead. ;)

I opted for the original Pro-Bends, I have had the same on my 500 for years and they can take some big abuse and still protect hands and controls! Plus they are american made!!! 8-) I did not like the CRM version, they mount up right next to the bar mounts and block off the tops of the fork tubes = tight fit on some models, no access to bleed your forks or make adjustments.

I noticed the shields were shaped differently than the ones on the 500. They seemed a bit smaller but still protect everything thats important. They have not changed in the "stout" department. I did not sink the bar ends flush. Just enough to where they will grip the bar end when tightened. Used blue Honda-Lock (cheaper and better than loc-tite) and bolted everything up.

You can see the difference in the ones I have on the 500.

Those things have saved my bacon numerous times. Cactus encounters, sage brush branches at speed, roost, I actually hit a tree once on my throttle side coming off a hairpin into some off-camber and they have survived my get-offs...never busted a lever with them.
Somewhere in Kenya, a village is missing their idiot.......