williamsracing.jr on ebay

Good Purchase? Paper Weight? Speak Up!!!
81cr450

williamsracing.jr on ebay

Post by 81cr450 »

Just bought a clutch basket off ebay from williamsracing.jr that was filed poorly. looked good in the video clip but in hand its junk. The rest of the parts were good , but his douchy attitude when I called him on it. This is the response I got when I complained.

"The basket I mailed you is not worn out.
I made a great deal of effort to accurately describe the item. Even sending you the video. The clutch was functioning properly
In the motor it was removed from. In this basket If what you are saying about the rings braking was true their would be broken ones in the basket and the frictions would have debris. I build 30 500s a month. Im an expert If their was damage to the basket I would have recycled it. My motors sell for 5k. I don't make money on selling good used parts it's mostly to help people out who can't get the parts. If you run a new basket after letting the clutch in and out 20 times it will look identical to the basket you received. If you find you have more knowledge than me on 500s and you can't seem to make good parts work only new ones ...... Then return all the parts I will inspect and verify they are the same And I will issue a refund - the 15.00 shipping I paid to get the parts to you. As I do not sell/ship parts for view or diagnostic purposes."

Youd think if you built 30 500 motors a month you could spot a filed basket.

Hope this saves a rider a headache
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

Someone should shank that dude
81cr450

Post by 81cr450 »

Ebay is just a big azz yard sale for the most part & I realize sometimes you score one hell of a deal & sometimes its trash. His attitude is what really pissed me off. Acting like I'm an ingrate for buying parts from an expert & not appreciating how GOOD he is.

More of his peachy responses

"Wow is rite!
The Internet doesMake the world small. So Small smart asses halfway across the us Think's they can wreck someone with 35 years of experience and 4 land speed records reputation on one website lmao!
I made It clear if you don't want the quality used parts sold then return them. Also if your such a bad ass why are you contacting people on eBay you should have this shit in stock and labeled like I do. I don't have time to file
A clutch basket think about what your saying. Do the math. 75.00 -15 shipping is 60 that was the cheapest on eBay that's why you emailed me. Don't act like an ass because you don't have enough experience to recognize a good part for a fair price! The parts were working perfect when removed. I'm busy building top notch motors. . I won't and will not ever waste my time to hand file a basket...."
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

that old 1984-85 stuff? It has the old pressure plate is why i ask.
81cr450

Post by 81cr450 »

Its from an 89. I'm working on an 86 . Sposed to be anyway could be a mixed bag as the inner hub looks pretty good.

I'd eventually like to go with the later one but my clutch cover is still useable, not rotted to junk anyway. I'm goona try to epoxy the inner area & see if that'll help it last longer.

This was suposedly from a running bike but the steels have that sat forever rust stain.

So how'd you pull that up AlisoBob?

I've been looking online for someone who can repair a basket, I know just get a good one, but I prefer the hard way. I found mention of a Stormin Norman who could repair them & put the stainless inserts in to prevent it from happening again. His website is no longer up . Is there anybody who offers this service. I could build a jig & fix the fingers & I believe I could even get the stainless inserts too, but it would take TIME building the tooling. Anybody know of someone who offers this service?
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

Man, that guy is killing it! 30 engines at $5000 each, he's doing $150,000/month.

if he's doing 30/month, that's 360/year :shock: where are all these engines, if he's been turning those numbers for just 15 of his 35 years of experience, that's 5,400 that is pretty impressive :roll:

I could not locate a Williams Racing in San Jose
Gen 2 AF, yes it's a SH, so I can call it an AF Damm it!
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

that pressure plate was 1984-85 model years only. tell the guru that.
it will fit til '01, but it was built in those early years. :wink:
81cr450

Post by 81cr450 »

Yep it would even fit my old cr450r. :D Interchangability is sweet like a big block chev.

"I could not locate a Williams Racing in San Jose"
He suposedly does midgets with a 500 motor.

I think AlisoBob might know more than hes saying. Or could just be a :twisted: computer guiness , man thats good beer.

As long as bitchin saves the next guy some headache. Thanks for listening to me whine. for the good bits i'll just call the basket a loss.
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

The guy is a bit of a blow hard but he did offer to take the parts back and refund the money minus the shipping. Take his whole diatribe out of the first paragraph and look at the important parts. He said refund minus shipping = fair. He sent a video of the basket before sale and a bunch of pictures so it seems he attempted to do a fair deal there too. The rest of it shows he has a bit of an ego but whatever who doesn't. Return the parts.
O.ne B.ig A.ss M.istake A.merica
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

81cr450 wrote:It

So how'd you pull that up AlisoBob?
Search "Completed Auctions".....