stealthy engine stop

Good Purchase? Paper Weight? Speak Up!!!
texascr500

stealthy engine stop

Post by texascr500 »

I purchased a Stealthy flywheel weight and they recommended one of their engine stop tools at about $10 it seemed reasonable to buy. DO NOT BUY THIS ITEM! I screwed it into the spark plug hole and proceeded to tighten the flywheel weight at 20 to 25 ft/lbs the stop snapped. I spent 3 hours with a dental mirror and a grab it tool to remove it from cylinder, because I did not have another head gasket. Save the money use your kid to hold the brake down this works great.
The flywheel weight it another different issue.
Gmbond

Post by Gmbond »

You may discover while the flywheel weight works for smoothing the power, it hurts the turning, taking my 1lb weight off made the bike feel like it lost 15lbs from the front axle when turning.

Giver a try.

The reason the plug stopped snapped was likely due to the 500 angled plug, on my 250 it's straight up and down and has worked fine.
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

Hey, defective parts happen. The real question is will they replace/refund?

And the angled plug may very well have something to do with the tool failure.
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

rattle guns are $40..... why screw around

and i gotta say the 250 ignition makes it run better than a FWW, and it turns easier too
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
omaotek

Post by omaotek »

feed a few inches of rope into the spark plug hole then slowly turn the engine till is stops, then tourqe the Fly wheel.

I got the 250 ign but also perfer it with the FWW. Much better in the slick stuff, also helps to prevent stalling in the tight nasty stuffs
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

back in the day id torque the flywheel with a ratchet and rubber hammer :lol:
never had any problems
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

I won't ever use something in the cylinder that can force load like that on the piston skirt. If I'm stuck I'll throw a bar thru the rear sprocket and over the swing arm.
asteroid500

Post by asteroid500 »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:I won't ever use something in the cylinder that can force load like that on the piston skirt. If I'm stuck I'll throw a bar thru the rear sprocket and over the swing arm.
X2, i didnt want to says so incase some thought i was a hack.
"not speeding officer".....qualifying

CR250 97
CR500 AF 99 (in progress)
CR500 AF CR G-4
CR500 1985 true legend
RGV250 96 X2
GSXR600 07 TRACK BIKE
VH Commadore cup car (race)
texascr500

Post by texascr500 »

thanks
Neither the motor stop or the flywheel weight was worth a damn. Next project is to REMOVE THE WEIGHT and install a CR250 ignition. Flywheel weight and free broken engine stop for sale,. It seems Steahly did not want to replace or refund
other

Post by other »

2st4ever is right, just buy a cheap arse rattle gun. There is no load imparted on any other part of the bike using a rattle gun, you hold the item you are undoing with a rag and hand pressure. Flywheels, countershaft sprocket bolts, clutch hubs, even swingarm pivot bolts, wouldn't even attempt them the old-fashioned way any more. Rattle . . . DONE !
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

I see too many cranks with the thread screwed from getting impacted tight.
other

Post by other »

torque setting 1 to tighten, ( then check with torque wrench 5th gear back brake on) torque setting 4 to loosen. Never had a drama !
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

I see too many cranks with the thread screwed from getting impacted tight
you only need to hold it a second...
4stroke=dead fish
texascr500

steahly flywheel weight for SALE

Post by texascr500 »

JUST THOUGHT I WOULD MAKE ALL OF YOU NORTHERNS JEALOUS. I rode the last 3 evenings after work The temperature was in the high 60s to mid 70s. Now on to the real reason for the post. The "other web site" led me to believe the Steahly weight is a must have, pure shit! The bike is indeed slower,but NOT EASIER TO HANDLE. Texas dirt is real sticky when wet or damp, without the weight wheelies were common now it is like an old tired 250 .I hope someone from the other site will also be stupid and buy it.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

It's actually been warmer here than at the track cuz is parked at in Texas. :wink:
seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:I won't ever use something in the cylinder that can force load like that on the piston skirt. If I'm stuck I'll throw a bar thru the rear sprocket and over the swing arm.
X3

I'd like to see this thread where you were led to believe the FWW is the way to roll.

rattle gun to take it off, torque wrench to put it on.

Hard to be jeoulous of 110+ weather, droughts and dirt cracked so deep you can see CHINA