Overhaulin my 1988 cr500r

Recount your rebuilds here!
BraapObama

Overhaulin my 1988 cr500r

Post by BraapObama »

hi all, this is my first post, so if its been answered in a previous forum point me in the right direction...

I'm wanting to swap out my aftermarket parts on my 88.. which as all of you know no1 sells parts for these (hardly). I'm wanting to make the bike run like new, and eventually i'll swap frames but i'm 21 & broke so i'm just looking to do a good parts swap atm. What are y'alls opinions on what i should do? (i.e. wiseco piston kit what kind of bottom end kit should i do what kind of radiator, forks, shock etc etc)

pretend money isnt an issue too. i'd rather have good parts and not get to ride this one til next year than swap out subpar parts, i have a quad to keep me occupied.

thanks!
Slugboy2

Post by Slugboy2 »

Bored are we? OK, I'll bite...

Point your quad in the direction of Mecca, gas it "hardly' and never let off. If you get sideways don't worry, Obama will save you. Money is never an issue for your generation. Here's how it's done...
Try to splatter yourself while still on US soil, so you can suck up free Obamacare, Obamafare, Obamastamps and Obamatardability Obenefits. Take the free Obamabucks he will provide you and buy a big fat propeller and mount it on front of your "88", then you won't need archaic parts like radiators and frames and such.
With this primo set up you will always have the lack of good wind as a permanent excuse to not ride, cuz it's too hard of course, but your Obamabuddies will never know. You'd be tearin' it up you only had some wind, man!!! maybe next year, huh?
As far as what do I think you should do? Why, marry your "88" of course. Clearly you have that right. Just think, you could pump it real good right in the bottom end every night and it would never squeal. And don't forget to use a powerband, safety first!
BraapObama

Post by BraapObama »

Cool story bro.. :roll:
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Slugboy2 wrote:
Point your quad in the direction of Mecca, gas it "hardly' and never let off. If you get sideways don't worry, Obama will save you. Money is never an issue for your generation. Here's how it's done...
Try to splatter yourself while still on US soil, so you can suck up free Obamacare, Obamafare, Obamastamps and Obamatardability Obenefits. Take the free Obamabucks he will provide you and buy a big fat propeller and mount it on front of your "88", then you won't need archaic parts like radiators and frames and such.
:aholebadge:
Slugboy2

Post by Slugboy2 »

So am I to believe that this is a legitimate first post, and not someone a little bored and trollin' for some back and forth bs fun?

Well pardon the hell outa me.
BraapObama

Post by BraapObama »

it says the amounts of posts under the names. . . :blink:
Slugboy2

Post by Slugboy2 »

Yes, yes it does. That doesn't mean I believe it. My response was meant to be nothing but humor, to what looked like a fake first post to start some good old fashioned Obama slammin'. Nothing more. Ya gotta admit, the setup post was almost perfect.

Sorry to step on your dick, kid. Good luck.

Bob, you sure are quick with the merit badges these days.