STOLEN BIKES IN WILMINGTON NC AREA

Recount your rebuilds here!
BrianPaul69

STOLEN BIKES IN WILMINGTON NC AREA

Post by BrianPaul69 »

Over the weekend there were several motorcycles stolen from my shop, the first two I was working on for other people and the rest were mine. I want to reach out to anyone in the Wilmington / Leland North Carolina and surrounding area who rides that may see a few of these on the road / trail etc.

My 95 CR500 was one of them stolen and it has the pulse induction setup on it so it will be very easy to spot.

98 Suzuki RM250

96 Yamaha YZ80

83 Honda CR480

84 Honda CR500

86 Yamaha YZ80

95 Honda CR500

99 Honda CR80

My shop was pretty secure and the light on the side of the house was on plus the dual spot sensor light in the back yard. These guys didn't even take the lights out. My thoughts are there were a group of them and they were armed so they didn't care if someone came out. Thankfully no one was hurt and hopefully we can recover the bikes.

Anyone with information on these stolen motorcycles please call Brian at 910-409-0460

Thank you in Advance
BrianPaul69

Post by BrianPaul69 »

Hello everyone, I'm sorry I haven't been able to get back on here and update everything. Over this past week talking with the detective who is handling the case I have found out more than I ever realized. Every person who was involved with this theft is a member of a bloods gang here in Wilmington. This alone scares the hell out of me. The story behind this is last year I lost my job around July. I started working out of my shop here at the house and met a few guys that had dirt bikes in the area. It has been a while since I had anyone to ride with besides my wife so I took advantage of the opportunity. I eventually started working on their bikes and just word of mouth I had quite a few people coming by to get their bikes fixed. I guess you can see where this is going. Eventually this kid shows up with an RM250 that wouldn't shift. I fixed his bike for him and a few house later the engine seized up. Tore it back apart and found out the rod bearing on the crank came apart and the main bearings were shot also. Anyway by taking this kid under my wing and helping him countless times he was the one who orchestrated the theft. There were anywhere from 3 - 5 people involved and literally no one wants to stick their neck out because everyone who I know knows that they were my bikes. The main scumbag who stole them has been stealing bikes all over the area for years but has never been caught with stolen bikes. He has done time for everything else but and every time he gets out hes back stealing bikes. I just wish I had some good old redneck boys on some 450's and 500's to go in undercover for me because this guy knows everyone I know BUT I don't know him. They are pretty much all black and I'm white so I would stand out a little if I try to go poking around too much. The real scary part is I could be standing right next to him and wouldn't know it. I guess the worst part but also the best is my wife is already in California and started her new job last Monday. So I'm here to deal with all this by myself but at least shes not here having to deal with it. I am planning to leave as soon as I can get everything loaded up into the 40' container I just bought. It'll be here Tuesday and now I have to worry about this scum coming back and trying to steal more stuff. I really don't know what else to do except keep going until I'm out of here and hope some of my bikes are recovered before I have to leave.

Here are some pics :

83 CR480 - I never had a chance to even get completed pictures of it.

84 CR500

86 YZ80 - This was my wife's little bike

It broke my heart to tell her it was stolen

95 CR500

There was also a 99 CR80 that was stolen but I don't have a picture of it for some reason.

I really appreciate all the concern and willingness to help. I honestly don't think these dirt bags are going to put anything on Craigslist or e-bay. That's where they find their victims. They have been trying to sell the bikes for the past week but no one will buy them because they know they are mine. All I can hope for is they are spotted by someone I know and 911 is called.