1997 CR500 Project - Sand and Snow

Recount your rebuilds here!
summitboy

1997 CR500 Project - Sand and Snow

Post by summitboy »

Here is the beginning of my build ! This bike will be my primary sand dune bike as well as my Timbersled LT snowbike for next season.

I started with a 1995 that was in some weird wreck. It had 90-91 Forks and parts from all sorts of different years. The entire bike was garbage and most parts went in the trash. The motor and few other parts we saved. I pooled parts over the last couple months and finally got to work.

I want to send a huge thanks to Adam Millar (Millar Racing Engines, Roostius Maximus on CR500Riders). He has helped me with my engine, parts and information that has helped greatly. He knows all when it comes to the 500 hundy. He does some beautiful work on these motors and will be my motor guy for the foreseeable future !

I have a APT 38mm cast Smartcarb on order which seems to work excellent in the snow. I am going to try the Service Honda ignition, hopefully it also works well.

Its the beginning and I will keep posting pics as the bike progresses. Let me know what you think !

The Donor !

After one day of wrenching !
summitboy

Post by summitboy »

A few more pics from today. Kinda at a stand still until the engine gets back and a few more parts get delivered. Enjoy !

summitboy

Post by summitboy »

A little more !

Kuma

Post by Kuma »

Curious why you opted for the SH ignition and not Roosties or the CR250?
Gen 2 AF, yes it's a SH, so I can call it an AF Damm it!
summitboy

Post by summitboy »

SH for power. I need KTM carb heat, a light, and a few other goodies. will try it and see what happens.
sdnative

Post by sdnative »

Turned out awesome! Super clean. Going to get those same footpegs I think.

Where did you find the decals?
summitboy

Post by summitboy »

Weird, I forgot to post these here on Banned!

Well here are the final pictures !  Will test and tune this week at the track and then abuse it in August down in the sand !  Then a TS kit for the fall !  Enjoy !