Crank Rebuild

Send your stuff here, to companies you can trust!!!!!
KE 336

Crank Rebuild

Post by KE 336 »

Got a friend from work that started a side business doing cranks. Bulk of his work has been KTMs since there isn't a good aftermarket for those cranks right now. He uses mainly PROx on the Jap stuff but will do OEM if that is what you prefer but turn around would be a little longer waiting for parts unless you supplied the rod kit. If any of you are needing one done, he'll do it right and price will be more than reasonable.
http://www.cookseycrank.com/
south central hoon

Post by south central hoon »

cool. it's pretty hard to find a good crank guy these days. hope he does well.
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

any background info on the guy ? previous experience with 2stroke motors ? is he familar with honda rod/ktm crank conversion ? old man that did my first one is semi retired and probly wont do anymore, might need a new source.
KE 336

Post by KE 336 »

100hp honda wrote:any background info on the guy ? previous experience with 2stroke motors ? is he familar with honda rod/ktm crank conversion ? old man that did my first one is semi retired and probly wont do anymore, might need a new source.
He is a mechanical engineer for his real job, been a racer/rider/mechanic 35+ years.
He's been riding KTMs the past few years and I think the high cost of their cranks gave him the idea of making some cash rebuilding them for people. He's on KTM talk alot so you may find some over there who have used him before. I doubt he knows anything about the honda/ktm conversion but if you an idea and information on what you wanted done he'd do it I think. Shoot him an email or give a call with questions. Super nice guy and one of the sharpest minds I've ever met.
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

ill get in touch with him. got 3 more ktm cranks that eventually need honda rods.