Shipping help required if poss please

Send your stuff here, to companies you can trust!!!!!
tooney

Shipping help required if poss please

Post by tooney »

Hi all,
I am looking to buy a complete exhaust system for my 1996 steelie.
I was looking for either a full FMF or pro circuit system and have seen plenty for sale on ebay but there is a problem with the shipping to here in the United Kingdom.Shipping costs are reasonable but no one will put a lower customs declaration on the forms,this means that when it arrives with UK customs they can take the piss and charge me another $100 or more for the pleasure of letting it into the country.
I was wondering if any fellow Hoons knew of a store in the USA that would oblige in the shipping costs and declaration forms or if anyone could help me out in any way possible,
Thanks in advance.
ISBB

Post by ISBB »

Ill tell you from my past experiences at thumpertalk how we addressed this. IF USPS caught the shop not declaring the proper value of goods sold they would revoke all international shipping privledges from us permanently and with the amount of overseas buisness its not a risk a shop is willing to take. Hopefully you can see it from the shops standpoint. Your best best is to find someone on ebay selling a used set and ship it that way for you just declaring it as a gift.
97 Steel 500 that wants to be an AFC
redrocket190

Post by redrocket190 »

You need to persuade someone here to buy it for you and ship it marked as "vintage parts - gift between one enthusiast and another". Don't ask me how I know.
Michael Stiles
2007 Honda CR500R-AF
tooney

Post by tooney »

RedRocket190,
How much persuasion would it take for you to help me out please :wink: ??
"SOLID Bro!!"

Post by "SOLID Bro!!" »

redrocket190 wrote:You need to persuade someone here to buy it for you and ship it marked as "vintage parts - gift between one enthusiast and another". Don't ask me how I know.
What if it were done on a personal level ?
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

I've sent parts to Canada, declaring them as gits before. Same should work for UK - no?
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

ISBB

Post by ISBB »

on a personal level your fine.. but buisness's will be hard pressed to convince to do it.
97 Steel 500 that wants to be an AFC
tooney

Post by tooney »

So I guess that I'm looking for a friendly,honest,trustworthy Hoon that is willing to help out :roll:
Any ideas where I might find such a person?
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

you might be S.O.L.!

Just Kidding, theres alot of good hoons here :lol:
tooney

Post by tooney »

Managed to find a shop in the USA that is willing to ship to me with the required adjustments to values made for shipping and custom purposes :D
So I hopefully should have a nice new Pro-circuit platinum and 304 factory tail pipe on there way to me on Monday.
Thanks for all your help guys,especially extremeslide who went out of his way to try and help out.
eyesky2002

Post by eyesky2002 »

tooney wrote:Managed to find a shop in the USA that is willing to ship to me with the required adjustments to values made for shipping and custom purposes :D
So I hopefully should have a nice new Pro-circuit platinum and 304 factory tail pipe on there way to me on Monday.
Thanks for all your help guys,especially extremeslide who went out of his way to try and help out.
Sweet, was gonna offer, but I know I am already on big brothers watch list :roll:
"When your riding your living... Everything else is just waiting!"

MXMotoworx.com
2003 Honda CR500AF