Sudco

Send your stuff here, to companies you can trust!!!!!
ISBB

Post by ISBB »

Called up chad this morning.. Got me a 41mm PWK coming.. WOOHOO new carb.. cant wait to get it on this weekend and try it out. Thinking about consuming some beverages with MFDB and doing a lil tuning.. Im thinkin i could just match his jetting and be pretty effin close since our motors are very similar.. Decked head, gnarly, so on and so forth :D[/flowplayer]
Last edited by ISBB on January 22nd, 2009, 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
97 Steel 500 that wants to be an AFC
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

nope, MFDBs bike is weird... my gen-4 has minor porting work, decked head, gnarly pipe and pwk and runs a 45 pilot, dgn 3rd clip and 170 main. my super built '86 motor when it was running a pwk was running a 60 pilot, dgn5th and 182 main. Justin at one point was running a 200.
do yourself a favor, start with a 48 pilot, dgn 3rd 175 main and adjust from there. that shoudl be a c-hair on the rich side.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
ISBB

Post by ISBB »

he runs a 200 in the dunes and 185 on the trail or something like that.. we will get it figgured out :P
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

my #'s were for the dunes :wink:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
ISBB

Post by ISBB »

will probably start with justins numbers and work my way down.. rather be too fat to start with than too damn lean :P
motorguy

PWK 41!

Post by motorguy »

Life with the 41PWK is sweet, the motor runs smoother and pulls from down low to massive over rev that has awesome pull, pretty neat!
It has been money well spent and woould do it again.
Not to mention it gets really friggin good mileage considering it's a 500 Smoker, probably cause ya barely have to touch the throttle........ :wink:
Many thanks to John at Sudco!
Motorguy
Blue Smoke is your Friend!
92 CR500 - 1/2 Liter Thumper Eater
98 KDX 220 Dual Sport
97 XR400 Dual Sport
94 XR650L Dual Sport
& street bikes
iggys-amsoil

Re: PWK 41!

Post by iggys-amsoil »

motorguy wrote:Life with the 41PWK is sweet, the motor runs smoother and pulls from down low to massive over rev that has awesome pull, pretty neat!
Not to mention it gets really friggin good mileage considering it's a 500 Smoker, probably cause ya barely have to touch the throttle........ :wink:
Massive over Rev. sparks an interest. :idea:

So what jetting did you end up with for Ridge Crest?
motorguy

Post by motorguy »

iggys-amsoil wrote:
motorguy wrote:Life with the 41PWK is sweet, the motor runs smoother and pulls from down low to massive over rev that has awesome pull, pretty neat!
Massive over Rev. sparks an interest. :idea:

So what jetting did you end up with for Ridge Crest?
Pilot 52 (ok in winter could be leaner for summer)
Main 175
Needle CGJ - Clip Center
Slide #6

The motor pulls much harder than with the stock PJ.
I can really tell going up a sand wash, not too many oppertunities to use al the power this motor makes, it will just fry the tire.
I am running the heaviest FWW to help control the hit and also am running the V3 reeds (which took some masaging of the manifold to make for a nice transition) which has a smoother hit and better bottom.
It also starts really easy.

It is a very noticable improvement, ya know those changes you make that are kind of subjective, this aint one of them! This made a noticeably better difference, I sold the old carb on fleebay, I would never go back.

I was concerned that it may hurt bottom end response, it actually improved bottom end response, just works better. I haven't noticed any down-side.
Motorguy
98 KDX 220 Dual Sport
97 XR400 Dual Sport
94 XR650L Dual Sport
& street bikes
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

motorguy wrote:
I was concerned that it may hurt bottom end response, it actually improved bottom end response, just works better. I haven't noticed any down-side.
Yup... I get tired of people stating that you lose anything ,putting bigger carbs on the 500.

38mm carbs come on 250's for Christs sake. You really think putting a 39 or 41mm carb on a 500 is going to kill the bottom end?

:roll:

Good report M/G, glad you get it .
motorguy

Post by motorguy »

AlisoBob wrote:
motorguy wrote:
Yup... I get tired of people stating that you lose anything ,putting bigger carbs on the 500.

38mm carbs come on 250's for Christs sake. You really think putting a 39 or 41mm carb on a 500 is going to kill the bottom end?

Good report M/G, glad you get it .
Yeah, my little 220 KDX has a 36 ............

Improving airflow through the 500 really wakes it up, tha challenge is getting it to the ground in a manner that moves the bike forward and just doesn't spin the tire. So far so good as the new carb actually meters better and has less abrupt hit. When the throttle is whacked it does it's trick but it is in your hands and can be metered easily.
Really having fun with this machine!
Motorguy
98 KDX 220 Dual Sport
97 XR400 Dual Sport
94 XR650L Dual Sport
& street bikes
ISBB

Post by ISBB »

I started with a 185main DGN in the middle and a 55 pilot a/s 1.5 - 2 turns and slide stop about half way in. Fired up first kick after 2 slow primers and idled damn near perfect. Seem to run crisp and clean. Can't wait to get it out for a quick spin. Bike has never sounded this clean.
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

:wink:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
ISBB

Post by ISBB »

carb worked awesome. Still need to fine tune the pilot circuit have a slight hesitation right off idle but just past idle its golden so it wasnt so noticeable since i dont stop that often and i dont ride at idle :P Once i get it figured out it will be dialed right in. The thing pulled HARD from bottom to top and it revved to the moon.. it was like riding a whole new bike!! I could easily loft the front tire into the air from 4th gear on the flats with my big ass sittin on the tank not even trying :P Made me a very very happy camper. All would have been great if i didnt trash a water pump seal and over heat the bike!!

Thx to chad at sudco im a happy 500 rider!
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

lean out the pilot curcuit. the pilots like to be really lean on the pwks. start by turning out the air screw. at boulder city yesterday I had to turn mine 3 turns out to get decent off idle throttle response.
I knew we sould have replaced that water pump shaft. was it pissing out the weephole? was any oil coming out the weephole? any coolant in your oil?
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
ISBB

Post by ISBB »

i will drain the oil tonight.. and pissing is an understatement LOL.. i think its just the outer water seal that died.. didnt notice any oil coming out at the time.. but will know for sure tonight.

Ill have to order up a new shaft and seals tomorrow.. :D

Im going to lean out the pilot a bit, would have done it out there but didnt have anything smaller than the 55. Ill prolly try a 52 then a 50 if need be. On long pulls it would take a couple seconds to catch up and wind out so to speak but this thing revvs to the moon now and builds power allll the way up.. :D
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

just jump strait to the 50 and play w/ the air screw to fine tune it. my gen-4 is running like a 48 and like I said, I had to turn 3 turns out to lean it out enough.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

That's cool, sounds like a great carb. How much are you paying for it? I'm all for a bolt on goodie that makes the bike rev higher, would be sweet to have more top end for those hill shoots against a 450. :D
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
ISBB

Post by ISBB »

your best bet is to call sudco.. i cant remember exactly how much i paid at the moment but it retails for like 320 or 340 or something like that..
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

This is our current pricing for brand new carbs....

39mm PWK $162.75

41mm PWK $223.39

You must talk to John and mention the "Banned 500 Site" to get these prices.

All Sudco askes in return is you go to them when you need other stuff too.....

:wink:
kdizzle

Post by kdizzle »

Update**

Jsut bought one today and John sold it to me for 270$

not a bad deal
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

kdizzle wrote:Update**

not a bad deal
Thats not our price!

motorguy

PWK

Post by motorguy »

Your gona love it!
Motorguy
98 KDX 220 Dual Sport
97 XR400 Dual Sport
94 XR650L Dual Sport
& street bikes
kdizzle

Post by kdizzle »

AlisoBob wrote:
kdizzle wrote:Update**

not a bad deal
Thats not our price!

I asked Bob, but johns said " I got to tell bob to fix that price, we cant do it for that anymore"

Im just the messenger
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

WTF is up with Sudco? I ordered there before and only had a issue with there minimum order. I mean, if I need a couple of jets, stick them in a envelope with a stamp and send them out. Nope, you have to order some minimum, ok, no biggie I got a tub of Mothers polish and an inflated priced can of filter oil. :roll: So today I call to place an order. First they won't ship my order for a week, what ever, then the guy says the jets are sold in packs of 4 only! BS! I buy them all the time and they come individually packedged in a little yellow envelope. I don't get it, why are they dicking retail customers around? I called Big Bob and he said he would get my order going, hopefully Sudco isn't going fuckstick on us Hoons all of a sudden. :o
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

Ported&Polished wrote:hopefully Sudco isn't going fuckstick on us Hoons all of a sudden. :o
...again.
No longer have a CR500.
07 Yamaha YZ250, 17 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
Get on with riding or get on with dying.
https://www.youtube.com/mojoscojo