I guess I am a true 'neck'

List your favorites!!!
south central hoon

Post by south central hoon »

are you really killing does? :roll:
CRMOE500

Post by CRMOE500 »

Deer meat is really good, but moose is waaayyyy better. Send some my way Roostius :lol: !
Fins Rule!
Liquids drool.
"If the rule you followed led you to this of what use was the rule?" Anton Chigurh
B440

Post by B440 »

Exnav wrote:I recommend one of the 5.5 oz cans of tomato juice to one beer, served in a frosty beer mug.
Any certain kind of beer? Lite, dark, Pabst Blue Ribbon, etc.?
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

B440 wrote:
Exnav wrote:I recommend one of the 5.5 oz cans of tomato juice to one beer, served in a frosty beer mug.
Any certain kind of beer? Lite, dark, Pabst Blue Ribbon, etc.?
Favorite = Coors
Good = Budweiser
Good = Bud Lite
Ass = Coors Lite and Miller Light

Pour 3/4 of tomato juice in the mug, pour entire beer on top if you can, then finish with the rest of the beer and tomato juice. Pour a little salt on top if you like.

Hella good hangover medication. 2 of these pounded down after a night of drinking and I am good to go.
Money ain't got no owners, only spenders - Omar Little
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

south central hoon wrote:are you really killing does? :roll:
YEP, here the season is multiple tag, first is ageneral deer, you can get a buck or doe, 2nd tag is doe only. They need to give a tag for every 100 acres of land you own, I've got 100+ walking over my lawn twice a day.
A buck is tough as nails to eat, good for jerky tho, a nice doe thats never had milk is the best you can get, cut it with a fork, a spotted one is a milk-dud, tastes like crap.
I dont make it to roasts or anything, slice the rear quarters into silver dollar sized pieces a 1/4" thick. The tenderloin is a extra special ,it and the backstrap are almost a delicacy. then throw the rest out and shoot cyotes off it.
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

You have muleys or white tails up there?
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:A nice doe thats never had milk is the best you can get, cut it with a fork,
Check your PM"s..... Address sent!

:buddies:
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

White tails, and piles of them, my kid has a buck he calls picke-fork cuz of its lil rack, last summer he got withing 10ft of it before it ran. 4miles away is an elk farm, they'd raised them for the antlers cuz some shit was made from it, so theres all these bulls there and every year 2 or 3 "spare" elk come wandering this way to meet those ones. Thers moose and stuff here too, but theyre usually infested with something.

Bob, The does aint worth eating right now, they'll taste like crap from having to eat bark and shit all winter, and they're likely knocked-up. I'll have a couple thousand bushels of barley piled late fall that they tenderize themselves on. probably at this moment i could see 10 between my house and garage, the dammn things get on dads deck and lay by the dryer vent at night. Theres one that always has the frosty side from staying under it too long.
I'll take a pic leaving the yard tommorow and post it.
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

I've got 2 white tail does that have been cleaning my bird feeders out in my backyard. Between them, the wild turkeys and other wildlife it's a damn refuge where I live.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

the dammn turkeys here are getting outta controll! i swore it broke a peak on my helmet from hitting a flying hen last summer. they're good eating too. I had one on a spit for a couple of hours, cut chunks bigger than most t-bone from it.
B440

Post by B440 »

Ok so I deviated from the recipe a little.

Exnav

Post by Exnav »

That works too.
south central hoon

Roostius_Maximus wrote:
south central hoon wrote:are you really killing does? :roll:
YEP, here the season is multiple tag, first is ageneral deer, you can get a buck or doe, 2nd tag is doe only. They need to give a tag for every 100 acres of land you own, I've got 100+ walking over my lawn twice a day.
A buck is tough as nails to eat, good for jerky tho, a nice doe thats never had milk is the best you can get, cut it with a fork, a spotted one is a milk-dud, tastes like crap.
I dont make it to roasts or anything, slice the rear quarters into silver dollar sized pieces a 1/4" thick. The tenderloin is a extra special ,it and the backstrap are almost a delicacy. then throw the rest out and shoot cyotes off it.
where i come from we don't kill does. and we eat ALL of the deer.

killing does is like hunting in a petting zoo if you ask me. :o
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

i'd like to only shoot bucks, heres the deal - theres probably 20 of them here, besides lil pickel forks. i seeded 6800acres lastyear, theres probably 3 deer an acre, theres 10 of us that hunt, so max we get 30 one in muzzle season, one buck, and a doe tag, I feel I should be allowed to shoot 1 an acre just to cleanup crop damage, which obviously is beyond ability in the 3 weeks of hunting of which we maybee go out the saturdays and a few early mornings. I've got an apple orchard in my yard that gets thrashed by deer, they ate all the trees i planted, stripped the bark right off them. they go in my garage at night and leave rub marks down the side of my truck and shit on the floor. Theres lots of nights spring and fall that more than 400 can be seen in the field south of my house. too much effort has been made by people who like to drive out in the country and "preserve" the deer, now the heards are getting diseases and in the west the wildlife officials having to shoot 6-800 a year that are festered! They dropped 100 20miles north cuz they figured they had brainworm. besides, there are big old does that are way bigger than the bucks, good eating. We dont shoot the ones that have twins every year, we dont shoot the ones out in the valley, we shoot them from our yards, usually while in the house, heck i havent put pants on to shoot atleast 3 of them.

Cyote situation - deer guts , front quarters and legs are excellent cyote bait, remember now that i paid for my tag to shoot that bait pile. I loose 5 or more claves a year to cyotes, wolves and big cats. The cyotes are mangy and like to hang arround my yard, they eat my garbage and tear up anything else in the yard. Chewed my kids plastic lil-tikes slide all to hell. And now that theres so many cyotes again theyre getting mange again.
Travis

Post by Travis »

I wouldn't worry about it Roost. How many deer do you really think he sees in LA. I have never saw a picture of the Hollywood sign with deer under it. :lol: :lol: But hey I've never been. They might have an infestation but that wouldn't explain only killing bucks. Must have something to do with Bambi. :cry: :cry: :roll:
Travis

89 CR500
01 Banshee
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

DUDE! DON'T KILL BAMBI'S MOM!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Travis, not too worried. I think its funny when you want the best steak you get it from a bull that had its nuts cut off and is called a "steer", a bull is dog food, and a never calved cow "heffer" is good hamburger. But a buck thats jacked on hormones during hunting season is good eating. :roll:
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

I'll eat it , I dont care.

Deer-Veal..... Here I come!
Travis

Post by Travis »

Here you are allowed 1 buck and 3 does if you use a landowner tag. This is because the crop damage like you are talking about. I will agree that the does are the best to eat. If I kill a buck it just gets made into jerky. Really the only reason anyone tries to kill a buck is the horns, what a joke. :lol: :lol:
Travis

89 CR500
01 Banshee
south central hoon

last i checked hunting is a sport in developed nations and not a means of subsistance. my point is that its not very sporting to shoot deer from the inside of your house. :m16:

if you live in the country you happen to be in WILDLIFE Habitat and should act accordingly in my book.

I have only lived in LA for 4 years....I grew up in north idaho near the canadian border in small towns. hunting is a way of life for preservation, conservation, family tradition, and sport.

In my world I eat what i kill....all of it. and if it aint got horns my chamber stays empty. period.

we don't have to agree.
:itsok:
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

last year i un-intentionally hit 2 with my truck, bro hit 3 and my sister hit 4 or 5. I've hit probably 20+ in the 13yrs ive been driving, dad hit 1 with the hummer, and 4 with duramaxes in the last 3 years. Mom hit 2 with 2 different suburbans, my grandma hit one, my uncle and cuz's have hit who knows how many.
They've ruined the doors on our steel shed, ate shingles off the wooden one til it leaks
thismorning......

this was the morning after it snowed, a few tracks in the yard

just for laughs, lastnight.....

south central hoon

we sure live in two different worlds. i took this from my office a few nights ago.
Image[/img]
That's LA Union Station in the foreground.
south central hoon

I took this just now...its 63 degrees and smoggy....
Travis

Post by Travis »

It may be unsportsman like in your book. But the way I see it, if they are in the yard and he doesn't shoot them from the house, then he is left shooting at the house. I would choose to shoot from the house. :lol: :lol:
Travis

89 CR500
01 Banshee
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

dannygraves wrote:DUDE! DON'T KILL BAMBI'S MOM!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Vt. hunter busted for bolting antlers on dead doe

Mar 14, 12:41 PM (ET)

BURLINGTON, Vt. (AP) - A man who bolted antlers to the head of a dead doe and posed for a photograph with the deer was fined $400 and jailed for game violations.

Marcel Fournier, 19, shot the deer the evening of Nov. 22 and used lag bolts and epoxy to attach a 10-point rack, officials said. He then checked in the kill as lawful game at Barnie's Market.

It's illegal to kill an antlerless deer, and it's also illegal to hunt at night.

The Concord resident admitted to the killing and led a game warden to the deer's remains after an anonymous caller alerted authorities. Fournier said he had "quite a time" drilling and fastening the antlers, authorities said.

Game warden David Gregory said the antlers didn't look or feel right.

"When you grabbed them, you'd feel movement," he said.

Col. David LeCours, chief warden of the state Department of Fish and Wildlife, said the size of the antlers relative to the size of the deer seemed off.

"Something wasn't natural about them, in addition to the fact that they weren't natural," he said.

Fournier was sentenced to 10 days in jail Feb. 18 for taking a deer in a closed season. He won't qualify for a state hunting, fishing or trapping license for at least three years.

LeCours said add-on antlers are the stuff of legend, but that it's the first documented case of it in Vermont.

---