Peeko's eats

List your favorites!!!
Rosco-Peeko

Peeko's eats

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

I did this last X-Mas...kids devoured it!

OJ Cornish Game Hens

6-8 Cornish Game Hens....half em up (Clean then thouroughly with lemon water to kill the nasties)
1 Gallon of OJ
2 Cups Rice Wine Vinegar (Mok-co-li...Korean)
2 Cups Raspberry Vinegar
1 Cup Light brown sugar
1 TB Garlic Juice
1 Bunch Cilantro, chopped
6 Each Star Anise (not eh extract or the seeds....the flower http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/i ... 8&ei=UTF-8) This give it a unique taste. See a Chinese ot Thai store...they will have it.
2 Ea Cinnamon sticks busted up
2 TB red Pepper Flakes
1 TB whole cloves
2 TB Whole black peppercorns
1 Cup Kosher Salt

Combine all in pot (except the hens)...bring to a boil and simmer for 45 minute's After it reached room temp, add the corninsh game hens...soak em for 24 hours under refigderation (tupperware)

Fire up the smoker with Cherry or Apple wood...cook the hens up at 225 for 2-3 hours...or until done. Baiste then with excess brine every hour........mmmmmmm!

It has a sweet taste....good stuff!
Somewhere in Kenya, a village is missing their idiot.......
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

The Atomic Buffalo Turds:

Sound funny? Its not...these babies will wreck any known diet with fatty goodness. You'll take one look at one and say as you stuff it in your squeal hole, "I am gonna turn you into poop." These things rock! Very addicting. Here is how to make em........

A bunch of Jalapnos
Thick Cut Bacon
Little Smokie Sasauges
1 White Onion
Cheam Cheese
Royal Oak 100% Lump Wood
Aged Hickory wood(Smoke) (although you should get the good results without) ;)

Lop the steam of the Jalapenos' and half em
Take a spoon and de-vein em....seeds and all
Throw a dallop of Cream Cheese in the jalapenos add a few bits or onion in with the cheese
Throw the Smokie Sasauge on top
Wrap the whole thing in Bacon
Skewer a toothpick to hold everything in place
Throw it on the grill.....indirect heat works best
Cook till bacon is done......chow down!

I sprinkled em down with a little chili powder:

Throw em on the grill. Those are my Pork Butts in the pic...no they are not burned...its the bark/Rub.

When they are done:

Chow down and wash it back with a decent beer!
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

Killer Butts!

My Smoked Pork Shoulder:

8-10 Pound Boston/Pork Butt with blade bone still in it.
Hickory wood chips for the smoker

The Butt Rub:
A) 1/2 Cup Paprika
B) 1/4 Cup Kosher Salt
C) 1/4 Cup Sugar (superfine/bakers works well)
D) 2 Tablespoons of Mustard Powder
E) 1/4 Cup Chili Powder
F) 1/4 Cup Ground Cumin
G) 2 Tablespoons Ground black Pepper
H) 1/4 Cup Granulated Garlic (I used roasted garlic)
I) 2 Tablespoons Cayenne Pepper

Coat the meat heavily on all sides. This is for a good bark and taste.
Wrap saran wrap around the meat and toss it in the the fridge for 12 hours....let them seasonings work in.
Fire up the smoker to 300 degree's with hickory wood.
Put the pork butt in and let the temp drop to 200 degrees and hold it.
After two hours...the bark should have formed. Start mopping with a baiste every hour

Baiste/Mop:
1 QT Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Cup of water
3 Tablespoons of Vegetable Oil
2 Table Spoons Kosher Salt
2 Table Spoons Chili Powder
1 Table Spoon Cayenne
Bring everything to boil stirring constantly to desolve everything...set off to side.

I let this one get an internal temp of 185 before pulling and letting it rest fro 30 minutes.

No its not burned. Its the combo of smoke and dry rub. I wrapped it in foil after I pulled it off the pit, let it rest for 30 minutes.:

I tried to slice it but the knife rolled and the meat fell apart. See the pink smoke ring? Super juicy and did not last long:

Ronny my wife pulled the shoulder blade out with a little tug:

I used Hickory for smoke and heat. Pull the meat apart, throw it on a hogie roll with some BBQ sauce, pour and drink a GOOD beer and you be rocking!

Beer: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ergyth/385863181/
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Rosco-Peeko wrote:The Atomic Buffalo Turds:
These things rock! Very addicting.......
I can atest to that. Had to hold myself back so the others could have enough.
Trinity Racing mild porting FMF
62 pilot, EGH needle, 172 main
03 Gen III CR250 frame

2013 Dodger Charger 5.7 Hemi

http://www.prisonplanet.com

Your Amsoil Customer # 350882
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

Robs Ribs:

2 racks of Pork Ribs (Or how ever much you plan on comsuming)
  1) Trim em of fat, remove back flap, lower ribs to square it off, also remove the shiny membrane on the backside of the ribs.

Rub (I have used this on Pork Shoulder and Ribs...works well)
A) 1/2 Cup Paprika
B) 1/4 Cup Kosher Salt
C) 1/4 Cup Sugar (superfine/bakers works well)
D) 2 Tablespoons of Mustard Powder
E) 1/4 Cup Chili Powder
F) 1/4 Cup Ground Cumin
G) 2 Tablespoons Ground black Pepper
H) 1/4 Cup Granulated Garlic (I used roasted garlic)
I)  2 Tablespoons Cayenne Pepper

Mix everything up and store in freezer after done. It will keep indefinately. Want it more spicy? Bump the Mustard Powder and Pepper to 1/4 Cup

About 12 hours before you plan on cooking. Rub the racks down with the dry rub. Wrap em in Saran Wrap and toss em in the fridge.

Get the grill ready. I use Lump Charcoal/Carbonized wood. Anything else is petroleum by-products and fouls the meat. I also used Apple wood chunks for the smoke and flavor. Hickory works well also...one of my favorites.

Lay the racks of ribs on the grill bone side down and cook using indirect heat. Keep temp at 200-220 degree's. Spray em down every 20 minutes with Apple Juice.

When you can insert a toothpick into the meat cleanly and easily...its very close to being done. Dont stab the meat with a fork or knife....you'll dry the meat out...juices will escape.

The last 10 minutes of cooking...slap your favorite BBQ Sauce down....chow down!

When you cut into the meat and its "pink." If you used a lot of smoke in the process. The pink is the smoke ring. Or where the smoke penetrated the meat. Its fine...unless you have blood.
Scarlet

Post by Scarlet »

EVERYTHING sounds good, and looks yummy too.
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

DUDE, your killing me, its not even lunch time yet...I'm SOOO HUNGRY!!!!!!!!
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

You havent eaten , until you have dined with Zorak and Rob when their both cookin' together....

Thats some friggin' good chow!
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

AlisoBob wrote:You havent eaten , until you have dined with Zorak and Rob when their both cookin' together....

Thats some friggin' good chow!

AMEN to that brother!!!!!!
Zorack's Tri Tips rock and I just can't get enough of those Atomic Turds.

I am getting hungry all over again!!!!
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
My Wife Owns My Ballz

Post by My Wife Owns My Ballz »

My wife feeds me dog food, and I'm lucky to get that

:cry:
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

FFF wrote:Them there Atomic Turdies look like the ticket. Are they the "Burns goin in . . Burns goin out variety. Just keep the Coors a'comin. :eatdrink:
Yep, good for cleaning out the pipes.
bigpower

Post by bigpower »

WHO TF is this guy...........

The skinny Emeril

Fantastic looking grub there, makes my eyes water and nose run just thinkin bout it! :lol:
Kalkaska, the inbred capital of Michigan. ....a place you can walk into the greeting card aisle and find one that reads "Happy Birthday Uncle Dad"
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

Hoon-ga-burs

- 3 Packs of Ground Turkey (You can use beef if you'd like. I am trying to keep it somewhat healthy)
- 3 packs of Ranch Powder mix

Dump em all into a bowl and mix it up good. A good rule of thumb, one packet of Ranch per pound of meat.

Make the patties....you want thin patties...go to Burger King ya sissie. I like Big Burgers!

Cook with indirect heat...when they are browned on both sides they are done. Turkey will cook faster due to lack of fat...tastes better too. So dont over cook it. The one of the right is done......turkey makes a mess tho...lookie at the grill. :P

Throw it on a bun with your favorite condiments and chow down. 8-)
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Rosco-Peeko wrote: Hoon-Ga-Burgers
A registered Trade Mark. :lol:
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

[quote="Rosco-Peeko"]The Atomic Buffalo Turds:

Sound funny? Its not...these babies will wreck any known diet with fatty goodness. You'll take one look at one and say as you stuff it in your squeal hole, "I am gonna turn you into poop." These things rock! Very addicting. Here is how to make em........

A bunch of Jalapnos
Thick Cut Bacon
Little Smokie Sasauges
1 White Onion
Cheam Cheese
Royal Oak 100% Lump Wood
Aged Hickory wood(Smoke) (although you should get the good results without) ;)

Lop the steam of the Jalapenos' and half em
Take a spoon and de-vein em....seeds and all
Throw a dallop of Cream Cheese in the jalapenos add a few bits or onion in with the cheese
Throw the Smokie Sasauge on top
Wrap the whole thing in Bacon
Skewer a toothpick to hold everything in place
Throw it on the grill.....indirect heat works best
Cook till bacon is done......chow down!

I sprinkled em down with a little chili powder:

these fricken ROCK
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

Peeko's Kababs

2 Pounds Jumbo Prawns
2 Pounds Sea Scallops (The biggins)
Wooden Skewers

Marinade:
1/2 cup Honey (Sue Bee)
1/2 cup in your choice of BBQ Sauce (I used Jack Daniels #7)
4 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce (I used Korean, I cant stand the Kikkoman crap)
4 Tablespoons of Sweet Sherry (Amontillado Dry Rich)

1) Peel Prawns and de-vein em. Most of the time you can pull the vein out. If not, slice the backside and remove it that way. Clean thoroughly!
2) Cut and remove any veins or hard muscle/membrane off the Scallops, rinse thoroughly in clean water.
3) Put cleaned Scallops and Prawns in tupperware, mix up marinade and pour on top. Let it side overnight in the fridge.
4) When you are ready to cook, put wooden skewers in cold water for at least 30 minutes. This will keep them from burning.
5) Slide the Prawns on the Skewers followed by Scallops. (Keep the marinade! You can brush em down while they cook.)
6) Fire up the grill. Throw them on as far from the fire as you can. I added Alder wood to the coals for a sweet smoke taste. When the prawns are turning pink and the scallops are browning....its done...brush em down and pull em from the fire.

This took me 20 minutes to cook. Sorry no pics....they were devoured too fast. Very simple recipe, try it.
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

Holiday Hoon-Bird

Truck on down to the market and pick up a 11-14 pound turkey.

Brine for 24 hrs in:
1 gal apple juice
2 cups table salt
2 cups white sugar
3/4 cup pickling spice
6 T worchestershire sauce
1 cup honey
8 lbs. ice

Bring the apple juice to a boil. Add the salt, sugar, pickling spice, and worchestershire. Stir to dissolve salt and sugar. Turn off the heat and add the honey. Stir to dissolve. Add 8 lbs. of ice and stir until ice is melted. Makes enough for 2 14 lb. birds.

After the bird has been in the brine for 24 hours, rinse well, and pat dry. Return to the fridge on a wire rack over a pan to air dry for 1 hr.

Next slide your hand under the skin and separate it from the breast....easy now...dont tear it! Cover area under skin with olive oil and Caverders seasoning...pull skin back into place. Next slather olive oil all over the out side of the bird and liberally coat with Caverders seasoning. Then, take your favorite type of apple and onion...hack em up and shove it up the birds poop-chute or stuffing cavity. This is for flavoring only.....dont eat it...unless you want.

Next fire up the smoker with apple or pecan up 275 degrees and smoke it until the thigh is 180 or the breast is 170'ish and juices run clear. Also, after the first hour of smoking, spritz the bird down with olive oil every 20-30 minutes.

Time to cook.....I had a few beers, cleaned the glock and shotgun.....good to go!

On the smoker:

Done! A little dark but I did not want to use cheesecloth...lazy:

Nice and juicy.......mmmmmmm!
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

Man that looks good
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

X2!
ISBB

Post by ISBB »

im gonna try out the deepfryer this year... and some diffrent recipies that way.. :D
97 Steel 500 that wants to be an AFC
hagendog

Post by hagendog »

ATOMIC BUTT ROCKETS.....Making my first batch as I write this, made 6 for myself and will follow with a nice NY steak and veggies. I love this diet........ my ass might think different though. For all of you non chefs, wash your hands after cutting peppers and don't touch your pecker :roll:
hagendog

Post by hagendog »

UPDATE: I made 2 mistakes. 1) I only made 6 2) gave the neighbor 2 to try. These things are good and real easy to make, you probally shouldn't be riden a bike if you F'd these things up. I'll be making a lot bigger batch next time, thanks guys
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

Hoon-Ham!!!!!

Want to impress a date, wife or just want to eat some Ham? So easy, any hoon can do it. Read on....

Buy a real ham...not that canned garbage. The one I used was a 20 pound bone in.

The glaze:
1 cup honey
1/4 cup orange marmalade
1/4 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger or prepared ginger (stuff in the jar)
2 teaspoons Chinese five-spice powder
2 teaspoons Dijon or other smooth mustard

Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan. Heat gently and stir to combine. Remove from the heat and let cool.

Refrigerate overnight for best flavor. Smells awesome and will bring anyone into the kitchen for a little recon of what's going down. Apply glaze during last 30 min of cooking and before serving.

The Ham:

Remove from packaging and net if it had one. With a sharp knife checker the top or cut intersecting lines forming 1-2" squares. At the corner of each square push a clove in there...repeat until all right angled corners have a clove.

Grab the Pineapple Rings and put them over the top the ham. The cloves will also help keep them in place. Next get some cherries (stuff in the jar) and put in center of each pineapple ring.

Fire up the oven to 325 degree's and throw that bad boy in there.

When the thickest part of the ham reaches 135 or so (pre-cooked)...pull it and pour glaze (not all) over the top and cook for another 30 minutes.

Done:

Cut and remove fat and cloves...douce with remaining glaze.
Last edited by Rosco-Peeko on December 1st, 2007, 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

Looks good, and reminds me of something most people don't know. Everyone has heard of the Honey Baked Ham store right? It's an extremely popular place to buy a cooked and ready to go ham, and it is very pricey per pound. And the fact is, it tastes good, and is a quality Virginia ham. I worked for them during the holidays years ago and it was a fun job, lots of young hotties work there, and plenty of cool dudes. Anyways, most folks that buy the ham invision a behind the scenes picture that includes lots of hot ovens and folks carefully basting away the hams for hours. When in fact, there is no honey, the hams are not baked, and there are no ovens or basting. What they do is take smoked Virginia hams, spiral slice them(everyone loves that spiral slice deal), cut them in half, then a guy with a pair of big thick rubber gloves grabs the ham and sticks it on a rack about knee high. Next another person with a 5 gallon propane tank and a hand held torch reaches into a 50 lb bag of granulated sugar with a hand held sifter and proceeds to shake the sugar through the flame on melt it directly onto the ham. A quick dash of spices is sifted over the gooey delight, and the ham boy (the guy with the thick rubber gloves, which btw are caked with crud), is called over to grab the hot sticky creation and carry it across the room and plop it down on a scale where it is weighed, wrapped in foil, and tagged for sale. Another thing folks don't realize is how during the holidays the place hires several dozen high school kids to pump out the hams for the line of customers that reaches way down the sidewalk and around the bend. Many a ham has been tossed around like a football on a friday night by me and the other workers, and sometimes a ham even gets body slammed and put into a suplex before it gets glazed and sold to your aunt for thanksgiving dinner, bon apetite!
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

I forgot, somewhere there is a picture of me doing the Heisman pose with a ham tucked under my arm. :o
Don't Clyde it, ride it!