D36 season in a flash

Who beat who?

hagendog

D36 season in a flash

Post by hagendog »

So I left off at Marysville on the last so to catch up here we go.....

Oasis=MUDDY the lay out was cool but it was a new event so the lines were virgin. They had cancelled the event a couple times due to heavy rains and decided to run it. They included some of the track and had some real steep downhills but the water/mud crossings were a little much. there were bikes buried to the back fender with guys just standing next to them with the WTF do I do look. At one point I was stuck with my pegs under. Dead lift the rear and the front and back on it. Must have stalled the 450 10+ times and .........2nd place.

Cow Mt.=WATER CROSSINGS OK, to start with they called us to the line at 11:30 and the race started around 1:30 I really enjoyed sitting on my bike for 2 F'n hrs before a race( note to self, bring/mount kickstand) so had a good start and got behind a guy who gets stuck in a 2ft deep rut 1 min into the race and after 5 or so WFO moments I am covered head to toe in soupy muddy water. GREAT WAY TO START A RACE. So finally got going and passed quite a few on the downhill and single track. Tehn comes the creek(RIVER) crossings, like 10 times and they were deep. At one point we were in the creek going upstream for 50yrds or so and it was like foot and a half deep. One crossing I came flying into and stalled it in lets say 2ft plus water, decided to push it across since I assumed the bottom of my airbox was under water. The good thing was all the mud from the start was almost gone by the end of the first lap. So googles off before the 1st lap is over. same shit on the 2nd lap and then they called the race. LAME 3rd place.......Guy in 2nd wasright infront of me and I didn't think he was in my class or I would have parked him in the last corner. Oh well, lesson of the day RACE TO THE CHECKER

Hollister=DQ everyone So I guess I missed a turn or two cause I came around after the first lap in 2nd overall meaning I passed like 100 people :roll: They marked the shit with stacks and little arrows but if anyone hit one you had no idea were to go. Also the AB race had a different layout but they didn't take down the markers or rope off the trails so if you got off coarse you didn't know cause it had fresh tracks and flagging. So I was hauling the mail in this race too which sucks cause I would have won this one hands down. Had a great start and no stalls. Pretty much everyone was off coarse at one time or another so they gave evryone work points and no advancement. This sucked for all but what do you do. I know I F'd up and admitted it but what was done was done. As the race went thought it was awesome. Good dirt, fun single tracks, downhills, etc. I can't wait till next year there.

Nixon= *#%$ that, too far to drive

Shasta= Revenge and overall championship. So I had been battling with this guy since Marysville and lost to him at 3 races even though I have an excuse for everyone :wink: I had a 16 pt lead on him going in so I needed to get like 5ht or better. The plan was no flats so I got some bibs from a friend and that cured that! I heard it was rocky and fast, true that. The laps were 25 miles and they said we would run 2 so 2 hrs or so was the plan. Had a good start, 5th or so but made it to 2nd pretty quick. So first neat thing I saw was about 10 dudes bikes in a pile off the road with bodies everywhere. No one was hurt but moral of the story, slow the F down on the fire roads. Passed a lot of people on the first single track and then got to some rocky stuff and found a guy under his bike. Stopped and asked if he was OK and he said he was stuck, UMMM Well he fell on an uphill rocky section andlanded downhill with his bars going throug his chest protector and pinning him to the ground. It was quite funny but karma is a bitch so I layed my bike down and helped him up. In the mean time 5 guys go blowing by, my buddy Danny that I just passed and Ol Joe, the that's been beating me. So after kicking my bike for awhile, I love my 450 :roll: it fires and I am off. New found anger I passed 3 real quick and caught Joe and Danny a couple miles down the road. When Danny looked back and saw me he moved over and let us by. Passed Ol Joe a couple turns later and pretty much layed as much roost and dust as I could till the pits. Had him by 10 secs after one and then put the head down and railed the road to the top. Good thing about these long loops is no lapper traffic like the shorter coarses so I got to keep my speed up and pulled away. The fire roads were fast, real fast. 5th gear pinned with big turns and the rocks were brutal on the roads to the top ridge. Fun single tracks and hardly any water or mud. Finished 1:53 ahead of him and felt great. Had some blood on the thumb but other than that it was a good race. Found out today they had a rider missing till today around noon, search and rescue was out at 6:30 Sunday night looking for him. Guess he flew off track down a 100ft+ hill and decided to not climb out the way he went in.

So spring series is over and I can now move on to B class and race will some faster guys. Should be cool though cause the Pro/AA/A/B all race together and the races are longer. One of them this year my friend ran 3:40 :shock: So I would like to take time to thanks my sponsers again COPENHAGEN, CROWN, COORS LIGHT without you none of this would be possible. Really though, Wes(D&B Sheetmetal) for getting me into this and all the gas your company writes off I mean pays for and Danny for tagging along with me in the C Class and hitting the races. It was a great time and can't wait till Wilseyville. :D