E St. HS Marysville Rd. 3

Who beat who?

hagendog

E St. HS Marysville Rd. 3

Post by hagendog »

If you've never been there it's sand and a MX track so making a HS event work there is some work but they did a good job. To start with I should've put my new rear tire on but I didn't have a tube and didn't want to chance pinching the thing, my race was at 8am Sun morning. They ran the Vets with the Seniors and Women so this was the first time I've got to leave in the first row and it's much better. Came out of the first turn in 2nd and was in 1st a couple turns later. Lead for a while but actually had some dude that was fast in this race and he got me in the deep sand straight away. The track was virgin so there was no lines in the corners yet and the lack of rear tire was hurting me the first couple laps. The laps were short in comparison to the other races, 3.5 miles vs. 8-11 miles so leaving in the first row was greatt for all of 3 laps until we lapped into the field and people don't move. I had pretty much accepted 2nd but started to catch him again around lap 9 or so and started charging hard and getting a little more aggressive on the passing until I passed one guy on a double and had one more guy to pass on a roller into a corner and I held it on just a little too much and well blew the corner and flew off the track. No problem I'll just fire this thing up and get back on them. YEAH RIGHT, 4 Stoke hot as F#$K and I was way too excited. Put in in neutral and kicked and kicked. I took a deep breath and finally got it going. Actually must have got some rest cause I felt good that lap. So got to the checkered flag in 2nd 38 sec. back and had a shitty lap. Oh well, was a lot of fun and didn't get hurt. Oh, the track; it had most of the track in it but used most of the ground to get the ;laps that long. There were two staight awys that were long and deep wooped out 5th gear white knuckle ass kickers, some tight stuff through some bushes, log jumps(hidden by sand) :shock: and the track sections were good. We got outta there around 12 or so and about 10 miles down the road the rains came :D I was dry and headed home, stopped at BJ's Brewery and had a Sandwich and beer. What a day! Here's my gloves after holding on for 11 laps in the sand, WORD!
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

Sounds like a fun day! I miss racing the scrambles :cool:
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

Nice write up hows that 450 working
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
britincali

Post by britincali »

:cool: :cool: :cool:
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
hagendog

Post by hagendog »

Well Jay, some days I think it's the Bee's Knees :P and other days I miss the 500. This race was one of those I think the 500 would've been fun. If my 450 was set up right it's hard to beat ridding for an hour and a half. I have a 13/50 on this 450 and had it in 5th twice a lap. My 5 had a 14/48 on it and if I hit 5th on that I think I might have hit warp speed :shock: When I stalled it that actually crossed my mind how the 5 I could kick it one time in gear and be going again were with the 450 it was relax, find neutral and pray. I'm putting a fly wheel weight on it next and that should cure/help the stalling issue. Trail riding, I think all the things I am going to do to this I could've done to the 500 and been in the same ball park as far as perfomance and fun minus the maintenace. On the track though I am hands down faster on the 450. I will build another 500 thats for sure! Right now though I'm just having fun with something new.
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

Right on
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"