A Day To Get Hurt

Who beat who?

rpeterson

A Day To Get Hurt

Post by rpeterson »

It lived up to its name this year. Saw Red Rocket on the back of the track Friday and chated a bit, always cool. I rode the Vet Inter on Sat and was 2nd behind Don Maeda from Transworld into the first turn. I went around him bout 3 turns later and led the rest of the first lap only to go down right after bending my sub frame and taking a good shot to my shoulder. I ended up 8th and Austin Fox scored 4th with his first appearance at the event.

RP 543 on the outside:
Imagehttp://motocross.transworld.net/1000104 ... &pid=70045

Sunday Moto A Go Go was stacked with alot of good riders and I was running 3rd off the start only to go down again on my shoulder. I just cruised and Bret was pickin up the slack, we ended up 8th in the class.

In the Coup De Grace (1hr 1/2) I started and ran bout 20th on the 1st lap and pulled off trying to save my shoulder for Catalina. Bret ended up 26, Austin was 38th out of 178 riders and I ended up pitting for winner Andrew Short the whole race. It was pretty sweet, he had to pit to for fuel twice and Josh Strang was all over him.
Imagehttp://motocross.transworld.net/1000104 ... &pid=70141

Good times as always :D

RP
Last edited by rpeterson on November 30th, 2010, 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

awesome
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

soliD brO
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

yep on his new xr
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
britincali

Post by britincali »

Bitchin!!!!!!!!
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
redrocket190

Post by redrocket190 »

I had the kind of day produced by being congenitally slow, and then preparing by not riding for most of the year. I need to practice, practice, practice - particularly ruts and flat turns! It was cool to be on the track at the same time as the likes of Kehoe, Emig, Matiasevich, Burnworth etc. even while rubber-necking to keep out their way. Nice to see Mr. P again, and your hill climb bike at sign-up was the dogs bollocks as we say. I have realized I can never be fast so I am going for endurance over speed and thinking Ironman in 2011. Already working on the vintage Honda...
Michael Stiles
2007 Honda CR500R-AF
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

Ruts and flat hardpack turns, I can relate.
I know it's bad form and counter productive but, I can't keep my eyes off of the front tire. If I could get over that the problem would be solved because these modern bikes handle so good.
Damn, you guys out west have all the cool ride spots, you suck!
redrocket190

Post by redrocket190 »

Michael Stiles
2007 Honda CR500R-AF
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Nice! Video. And good showing guys.

Vet X Racing or the new name, X Racing has Pala scheduled 2/06/11

http://www.vetxracing.com/schedule.shtml

On a side note, interesting that Shorts Levers are nearly level with the bars.? Which to me is an unnatural angle while standing. Hmm... What up with dat?