Elsinore GP 2010

Who beat who?

AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Elsinore GP 2010

Post by AlisoBob »

GREAT WEATHER!!! Everyone rode well, couple of mechanical issues popped up. Super Trucker vintage Husky is alergic to water ( electrial lost fire) and Al have his bike quit on him mid race.

solidS new Gen4 A/F kicked ass, the kids ( Trever Sargent and Edwardo Cepek) had a blast.

Robie lapped me about 32 times.

My friend Tom and Peckers buddy Braxton had a couple of hard get offs end their day early.

Mike Stiles rode multiple races with his OEM Honda ignition installed. No more intermitant starting woes

Brit wussed out again.....

I had to kick some ass for my "Finishers Pin". ...

"We dont give those out to the Non-Classified riders anymore....." said the Turbo See You Next Tuesday .

" .....Wrong answer" I said.

:twisted:

Another bee-otch slammed the walk up window metal roll down screen in T-Revs face.

The people hired by the promoter this year suck ass......

Stiil, good times were had by all.

I got a few photos to toss up later.....
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

Sounds like it was a blast!! Wish I could have been there.......maybe next year..........
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Just got a text that Robie got a flat while running 5th.....

:cry: :cry: :cry:
south central hoon

Post by south central hoon »

right on guys! great weather for a racing.

I had fun at the GP at Gorman today. lining up at the start line i realized that i have not made a lap on a MX track in 17 years :shock:

I know one thing for sure, it doesn't come right back. fuck those big step-ups!

the desert portion of the track was really fun, some tight singletrack. I'd pass a handful of guys in the tight stuff each lap, and each lap they'd get me back on the MX.

I think I finished 5th in my class.

before you ask, no Mike wasn't there.
redrocket190

Post by redrocket190 »

Great riding with you guys yesterday. Thanks to Solid for saving spots so we could all park up close to each other and hang out. No bad coils and ignition problems of previous years, bike ran like a Swiss watch all day. Definitely under-geared at 14/51 which meant I got tapped out in 5th for long periods on the straight bits, but also meant I could accelerate as fast as I dared on the twisty fire roads.

Practice was challenging because of the moisture, loose stuff on top of clay, sun in your eyes etc. Actually all excuses to draw attention from the fact that Mr. Cepek caught me easily and when up my ass I unintentionally gave him a brake check on one of the steepest climbs and he stalled. Sorry! At one point Sergeant Jr. (?) flew by in the MX section and I had no chance to stick with him. Got 3 laps in and like the course a lot. Sorry to hear that Al's bike stopped, but less surprised the 26 year old Husky didn't survive the water crossing. Track was some fire roads of the traditional course - but run backwards - mixed with the fast and sandy bits of last year, plus a new motocross section up the top. The big road jump seems to be the constant year to year. Lost was a bit of on-street but no biggie. The water crossing was short, but slippery with rocks v last year's major cross lake adventure.

Went to stage for the 40+ race only to learn they had put the Novice category back one hour and lumped all the Beginners from 40+ and 50+ together. Well couldn't wait the extra hour and make soccer coaching so sneaked into the back of the 40+ Beginners and was soon joined by Solid. Bike started first kick, but got stuck behind a bunch of slow starters. Saw Solid flying through the ranks and got in behind him. Managed to negotiate the first sandy switch back without dropping it - my downfall last year - and passed a few folks down the long straight. Came up to the double step-down before the water crossing and there are yellow flags everywhere. Guy's lying prostrate in the middle of the track out cold. So we stop and I help the unconscious while Eric marshalls the marshalls so to speak. After several minutes Mr. CRF130 rider stops moving about, standing up and falling down etc. and the medics arrive on a mule.

So I get the bike re-started which was a bit flooded, ride 100 yards, and then repeat due to forgetting to turn the gas back on (doh!). Now I am pissed and about 1/2 a lap or more down. Solid is long-gone. Push really really hard (for me that is) and start to catch some folks. Have some interesting moments. The front end slaps and the rear steps out at the road crossing due to a 4" step between dirt and pavement. End up on top of the berm after a jump, but keep it on the track. Get run high in a corner, pushed over the berm and stall, but get it re-started while still rolling. The fire road now has a "groove" but novice use of the throttle means the rear is out without a moment's hesitation. Start the short-shift at every opportunity and find a rhythm. This works very well in the sandy bits. Start to stand up more, hold the bike with my legs and let the front end go where it wants in the sand. Get brave enough to use the berms a bit more aggressively and turn using the gas. All standard stuff, but I am a bit rusty. About 1/2 lap from the end I catch Solid in the MX section and squeeze by. Make my final pass in the sand wash yards from the finish line. Confident of a DQ because I went in the wrong race, but a total blast.

Photos please, Mr. Algarve and Higginson!

Oh and it was good to meet Mr. Peterson in the pits and not have to see the back of his jersey two or threes times on the track!
Last edited by redrocket190 on November 8th, 2010, 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Stiles
2007 Honda CR500R-AF
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

My "Pucker Moment" of the race was in the down hill section of the asphalt.

It has a step down in it, and I was in 5th under full power when I hit it.

I looked like one of those " Isle of Mann" GP guys, except they know what their doing...

I thought I was going over backwards for sure....

Great report Mike, I'll get my photos up soon!!
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

I know the race was this past weekend and you guys have more to do than feed the rest of us pics and movies.
We are eagerly anticipating a show though.
btw, anybody know if Malcolm still rides it?
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Stiles goofin' for the camera. Bike always looks great, runs well.

Last minute countershaft sprocket swap...100mph?

My friiend Tom. First race ever. Went ass over tea-kettle on the big mud jump.... Sound familiar??? :roll:

Me, sad I had to split early for Baseball......

Partial shot of sargenT's pit.... he's got 10+ bikes.

Daddy, with his new baby......
redrocket190

Post by redrocket190 »

This will have to do until Ryan gets his helmet cam footage up...

Michael Stiles
2007 Honda CR500R-AF
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

Sweet!
Looks like it was a lot of fun.
Was the sun as brutal as it appeared on the cam?
You guys get to prerun it right?
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

The sun was pretty brutal....
redrocket190

Post by redrocket190 »

You can pre-run Friday if you turn up and sneak onto the track, but none of the street bits will be closed. I read somewhere they were still building the MX section on Friday! The Unclassified "race" on Saturday serves the purpose of learning the track for the races later in the day.
Michael Stiles
2007 Honda CR500R-AF
redrocket190

Post by redrocket190 »

Results are up at mylaps.com..
http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=612945

76th out of 106 in race 4. Overall time 51 mins 7 secs. Fastest lap 14:30. Didn't get DQed, but got scored separately. No stopping and three consistent laps at that pace and I might have finished 3rd in 40+ Beginner class or 9th in the 40+ Novice class. Something to aim for next year.
Michael Stiles
2007 Honda CR500R-AF
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Good one for you guys :clink:

Steve See #2. I worked with his brother for years.
Randy Roberts #28. His the one who shots the Perris videos that I put up from time to time.
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

redrocket190 wrote:This will have to do until Ryan gets his helmet cam footage up...

thats badass :cool: . im not much for motox type shit but that race looks fun. is it only once a year ? i need to make it down one of these days
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Ok here is One of Randys videos,

LEGP Saturday Race 4 - 50+ Novice

And here's his take on the day;

http://www.proride.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=59613.0
Algava

Post by Algava »

Pics to follow, when I find the camera
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

iggys-amsoil wrote:Ok here is One of Randys videos,

LEGP Saturday Race 4 - 50+ Novice

That vid was awsome! Dont care for the music - but cool, otherwise. He got some serious hang time off that big table! Very :cool: !!! But the crashes suck - last one looked like it hurt.

I think I will have to do this next year - looks more fun than Adelanto!
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Its WAY MORE FUN than Adelanto.....