Bought a bike, found Larrys CR500 board.....

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
bigpower

Bought a bike, found Larrys CR500 board.....

Post by bigpower »

And the rest, of course is history.....

Been thinking back on it lately, how my 98, the fabled "Niner", made me lots of friends over the years on these boards. I'm sure lots of you heard of Larrys, the original 500 board, the one that spawned the 2 in existence today. I had the pleasure of meeting a gent on that board that ended up being one of my very best friends on the planet. I'm sure a few of you do the Facebook bullshit, and know my bro, the Roostmaster, or from Larrys, Scott.

I had the pleasure this year to go down to the NT of Australia and visit my brother from another mother and do a little riding on of course, a CR500. A CRE, to be exact, like a mint, look like it just rolled off the showroom floor, CRE500. An adventure second to none, but would never have been possible if I never found the niner at the now long gone Terrys Honda in Grayling MI. To think, I was looking for a KX250, HA! Man, would I have been disappointed.
Yup, the good ol internet, a place for information and socializing, flaming goofballs, holy, we had some fun back in the day. Like most that find these boards, I was looking to find out what I had gotten myself into with this 500. Im very thankful that I got a whole lot more

Was a blast down there, but never would have happened without a bike and a board.
To all the old guys from the Larrys days, cheers to ya, hope your still on em. I still have both mine, and prolly will forever
Kalkaska, the inbred capital of Michigan. ....a place you can walk into the greeting card aisle and find one that reads "Happy Birthday Uncle Dad"
Roostmaster

Bigpower 491 Vs Roostmaster500

Post by Roostmaster »

Amen brother, 13 years ago I was the one and only Aussie hooking up on the 1st CR500 forum, Larry's. Got a bit of shit being outside of the mighty USA but one cool damn son of a gun sent me a pm, well I've done 2 trips to sweet ole Michigan and my Bro has returned the compliment by visiting me down under. All the BS aside, thanks to one god damn mighty rock n roll bike, high performance friendships develope into life long mates. From me down under, thank god for CR500's & thank god for exceptional mates from USA!
I have been to the top of the mountain and yes it is good.
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

I wasn't on computers in the days of Larry's, but have been on 500's since 1988. I rode 500's for years before looking up anything about them on the internet. since finding this site and the other I have had the pleasure of meeting and riding with some cool people. I will probably own 500's till i'm done and even though both sites seem to be fizzling out I still check in daily and ride at Hoonfest every year.

Great bikes, good people, I love your guys story, feel free to come to Reno, NV and extend the moto adventures further.
O.ne B.ig A.ss M.istake A.merica
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

:whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: