Jay Lewis....

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Jay Lewis....

Post by AlisoBob »

.... died last night in a Harley vs. Car crash. Jay was a legend on his bikes, behind the grill, or just mixing drinks.

He was the glue that kept many rides and friendships from exploding, his favorite thing in life was to share the love.

You taught me many things Jay.... and sharing the love was one of them.

I'll miss you forever......

Bob
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Jays rig.... ALWAYS with the American and Christian flag...

The Grillmaster

Jay loved Pismo... ( Stoffers, Britincali, AlisoBob, Jay Lewis, Mike Stiles)

Image Jay, me, and the whole Pismo gang......

Jay with the love of his life.... Syn.

I could post tons more... but its just all too sad. I keep reliving these memories as I post these photos...... so msny Hoons had such a good time.. thanks to Jay and the whole Lewis Clan. I love you brother.....
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

I don't know what to say...........
Our prayers are with the Lewis family.
Jay was a hell of a man
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Man I've got no pictures just memories. Jay was cool to me from the second I met him....he was the same way to everyone as far as I could tell. I hung out with him for the first few days a little and then another night when everyone left. We got half sauced on his Mai Tai's and shot the shit till late. I always felt we would hang again......The absolute coolest dude. Real Sad day.
O.ne B.ig A.ss M.istake A.merica
pstoffers

Post by pstoffers »

I have no words... Right now I can't feel the love!!!
Jay I'll see you on the other side...
NAHA PRO HILLCLIMBER #216
LIVIN THE DREAM!!!

NOTHING BUT GREEN LABEL BLENDZALL!!!

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/P ... /Home.aspx
http://www.pro-hillclimbers.org/
pstoffers

Post by pstoffers »

NAHA PRO HILLCLIMBER #216
LIVIN THE DREAM!!!

NOTHING BUT GREEN LABEL BLENDZALL!!!

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/P ... /Home.aspx
http://www.pro-hillclimbers.org/
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

I only met him once. Talked to him here a bunch. Was a cool dude for sure.

My condolences to his family. :cry:
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

A great loss indeed. I only ever met Jay once, but in that one time, he very much lived up to his online reputation as one of the highest quality individuals one could hope to meet.
No longer have a CR500.
07 Yamaha YZ250, 17 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
Get on with riding or get on with dying.
https://www.youtube.com/mojoscojo
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

I met Jay a few times, Matt summed it up. he'd treat you like family right from the start. Rest in Peace Jay, my prayers go out to your family.
Gen 2 AF, yes it's a SH, so I can call it an AF Damm it!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Offline.... :cry: x 491
gregrobo

Post by gregrobo »

sad news mate feel for his family and friends
only posties ride 4 stroke hondas
goldfields sheet metal fabrication
98 yzfr1
05 crf 500 race tech goldies
2010 rmz 500af
01 banshee
gman1966347

Post by gman1966347 »

I would like to post a couple of pic's of Jay. For some reason I can't seem to get it done. Jay was a great friend and a wonderful human being. I fished with him quite a few times. And man can he fish! I am going to miss him deeply. I'll never forget going up to Rock lake to visit him and Cid. They treated my wife and I like gold. What a Gentleman! God bless you Jay. We will never forget you!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

The Services are this Sunday at 2pm in Yucca Valley. A small reception and light snacks are following the ceremony to visit and share stories.

Yucca Valley Church of The Nazarene
56248 Buena Vista Drive
Yucca Valley, CA 92284-2777
Phone: (760) 365-7819

The family asks that in lieu of flowers or gifts... a donation be made in Jays name to the church.

http://yvnazarene.org/donations/

Thanks in advance....
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

That is horrible. I hate to hear a fellow rider going down in a car battle.

Thought and prayers with his family.

Roost on in heaven!
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Jays service was touching, funny, and well attended. A standing room only crowd heard great stories about the man, from those who love him...... good times.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Out of town Total Hoons like Stoffers and A/P Tracy made the long distance trek. Thanks guys.

Local guys? Me and my family , and Robie Peterson showed.

Sabre, Eric Sargent, Cepek, Kuma, Vegas crowd... not so much.

:?
redridermv

Post by redridermv »

Damn... I am in shock.

RIP Big Guy
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Yea... its surreal he's gone. I told a story at the service how we were all sitting around the campfire, and someone tossed in a Sobe Bomb, right in front of Jay. For those who dont know what a Sobe Bomb is, its a glass bottle filled with gasoline, meant to explode.

Everyone scatters, except Jay. He slips on some sunglasses, and keeps sipping his drink....

WHAMMO!!! The thing explodes in a fireball / glass shrapnel filled mushroom cloud.

I rush over to Jay, expecting the worst....

" Jay, you ok!!" I ask....

Jay replied... " Why wouldnt' I be brother?..........."

And thats who Jay was......

For those who didnt make the service, I know its hard. Funerals are always limited notice by nature. Some may of had plans, or were already out of town, or sick. I have a relative who just doesnt do funerals.... period.

I found the time to ride dirt bikes with Jay, found time to eat, the time to drink, the time to build bikes... and the time to just talk. I fer sure was going to find the time to attend his services.

Others found time to fish with the man, ride Harelys, have Bible Studies, Pray, do weekend room additions, or just hang. They all found the time too.

Every one of these groups were well represented at Jays service.

To me , funerals arent for the dead. Jays dead, and he's never coming back..... funerals are for the living... the loved ones that Jay left behind.

Everyone who was their was supporting the Lewis Clan at their lowest point imaginable, saying goodbye to their Father, Husband, Brother, Son, and friend. I wouldnt have missed it for the world.

The folks who made the longest treks didnt love Jay any more than the folks who just came from across the street... it just means they had the longest ride home.

The Lewis Clan was very thankful for everyone from Jays riding circle who made it, and felt the love in spirit from everyone who didnt...

Cyd showed the most strength I've ever seen..... holding it together, flashing a smile, and finding comfort in knowing Jay was with his Lord.

I hope we all can find that strength.....
Slomo

Post by Slomo »

Good post Bob. Heard Paulie hung with he family Saturday.
True Hoons :cool:
gman1966347

Post by gman1966347 »

AlisoBob wrote:Out of town Total Hoons like Stoffers and A/P Tracy made the long distance trek. Thanks guys.

Local guys? Me and my family , and Robie Peterson showed.

Sabre, Eric Sargent, Cepek, Kuma, Vegas crowd... not so much.

:?

Sucks, I could'nt make it either. Let's go easy on these guys. I'm sure they wanted to be there too, as much as I did. My wife and I spent some quality time with Jay and Cyd. I'll never forget that. Nor will the ones who couldn't make it.
redridermv

Post by redridermv »

Let me tell a short story about Jay and my Bannedcr500 experience.

My first banned ride was up to Kennedy meadows, we had some drama getting up there but eventually found Jay's camp (he was out on a ride) so Bob, Al and myself took a fun ride through the pine trees that afternoon..
We had a small group but ate very well and drank Mai Tai's way into the night, I was just back from a Hawaii trip and had a bit of a of rum tolerance to keep up with Jay that night.

I remember a Glamis trip where I had brought a few extras beers in the fanny pack and offered a Jay to beer, he was really happy while cracking the beer on top of the hill saying" I am drinking a beer on top of Oldsmobile" Whoo Hoo""(Brit, Iggy, Bob, Mike, Saber, Jay and kid or two, my brother and quite a few others were on that ride). Good Times.

I have been on two Pismo trips (missed the last one). Jay was always in his element camping anywhere. Jay's Mom was on the last trip that I was on and was seemed to be very happy with us hooligans. I remember cleaning shrimp and scallops and wrapping themm in bacon in there trailer, she seemed to like the food. BTW> Jay's Weber Q200 could shoot flames at least a foot over the grill when cranked up, he friggin modified everything.

Jay was an awesome man that made me a better person and parent for the very short time that I had to be around him.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

gman1966347 wrote:My wife and I spent some quality time with Jay and Cyd. I'll never forget that. Nor will the ones who couldn't make it.
:D
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

redridermv wrote:..... he friggin modified everything.

Jay was an awesome man that made me a better person and parent for the very short time that I had to be around him.
True..... and True.

:headbang:
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

I would like to have been there, and I'm well known for making long road trips on short notice. I was unfortunate enough to get to spend Sunday at another funeral/wake that hit even closer to home than Jay in every sense of close to home, My neighbor and close friend of 13 years. I couldn't agree more that funerals are not for the dead, they are for the people who cared about them who are left living. You respect a person while they are alive, and I am glad I was at least able to do that with Jay.
O.ne B.ig A.ss M.istake A.merica