Back Injuries

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
Kuma

Back Injuries

Post by Kuma »

Thought I'd start a thread since there are a lot of us old guys here.
Personally, I've had 2 events I'll share, first, about 17 years ago I had some pretty good pain in my arm, the type you know about if you had older siblings or you inflicted if you are the older, it was like pushing on the pressure point right above the elbow. short story, MRI, 2 weeks later 3 fused vert, 4, 5 & 6, 3 months later good to go, I have not had any other issues.

Now I have a bulged L5 with sciatica, this was intense, at times it felt like a broken leg, other times numb and pins and needles. physical therapy, did not help, chiropractor, did seem to help, I think the biggest thing that helped was listen to your body, if it hurts, don't do it, for me driving was a killer, I was fortunate to be able to take the train for a major part of my commute, then driving my truck was more comfortable than the car (more expensive too!) I found that ibuprofen did almost nothing and then tried a prescription Dicaflenec, for me this really helped. Right now I can live with it and that means being able to ride, if I couldn't I'd be looking at alternatives.
Gen 2 AF, yes it's a SH, so I can call it an AF Damm it!
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

Speaking of alternatives, I just came accross this from another forum, I would go for this before surgury:
"Hello, Sorry about your injury,but all is not lost.Here is what i have found to not only help but heal some of my similar problems.It is called Prolo-therapy,please look into this before you let anyone cut you or fuse your neck or back or put you on serious pain meds.If you want more info on my personal experience PM me.I started racing Moto and enduro at 15 at a pretty high level.I'm in my late 40's and this therapy has allowed me to keep riding and "old guy racing" It's Non invasive and safe. I found a pain management DR. through a guy who knew what i was up against physically.He is a warehouse worker and went from workman's comp. back to work.It works and i'm not the only one i know who this has Helped permanently.Best of luck to you,let me know if i can help."

Hope this helps, please share your pains and experiences, it may help someone make the right choice for their situation.
Gen 2 AF, yes it's a SH, so I can call it an AF Damm it!
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

If you can find a guy that practices Ortho-Bionomy, that wil lget you straightened out. Dad was on the verge of a wheelchair 7 years ago. He went to see him twice a week for a while, now he goes once a month or less and is doing pretty well. Its kind of like a chiropractor, but its a much more permanent fix. It basically makes your body/muscles pull your bones back into place, rather than just forcing the bones back-makes your body fix itself and thus hold itself together
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
gregrobo

Post by gregrobo »

i used to have a guy that trained me years ago for mx he was right into accupunture and physio/chiro he was brilliant
only posties ride 4 stroke hondas
goldfields sheet metal fabrication
98 yzfr1
05 crf 500 race tech goldies
2010 rmz 500af
01 banshee