CR500 Turbo Crank on Fleabay

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
BrianPaul69

CR500 Turbo Crank on Fleabay

Post by BrianPaul69 »

I'm really not sure where to put this so I'll stick it here. Second time I saw this crank on ebay and just wondering what you fellas think about it.

www.ebay.com/itm/130926927212

My thoughts are if this crank was really that great of an idea it wouldn't be getting sold on fleabay not to mention they would come from the factory with them. I call BS on this thing.
black

Post by black »

That crank will probably make it worse with turbulence, a turbo spins far higher.
BrianPaul69

Post by BrianPaul69 »

Here is another interesting setup that I actually purchased earlier this year and just had a chance to install it.

www.ebay.com/itm/181098703206

It cost a bit more than what is listed on ebay because it needs a modified Rad valve and quad vent airstriker carb to go with it. My 95 CR5 now starts with one kick cold or hot, idles smoother, doesn't stall out at low rpm's lugging around through the woods and just overall feels stronger on top end. I asked the guy who designed it if it was like the vintage Eric Gorr setup and he said that it wasn't really because that old setup balanced the pulses at one rpm where this setup balances the pulses at all rpm creating a smooth flow through the carb and intake. So far I like the results.
black

Post by black »

That's Ron`s pulse intake, I do have the setup on my gen3.
The intake isn't expensive and he mods the carb for the same price but if you have to buy the carb and reeds it pushes the price up.
BrianPaul69

Post by BrianPaul69 »

Cool how do you like the setup? I had a 39.5 PWK but not the air striker and I had VForce3 reeds so yeah I had to buy the whole package. It just seems way more responsive and got rid of a lot of the ding da ding ding idle. I wonder if there is a post on here about that pulse induction system Ron sells? I'd love to know how many guys are running it and how they like it.
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

the machine work looks good, definitely wasnt hacked together
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.