Amanda Franklin, We'll miss you.....

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Goodnight Amanda.... Sweet Dreams.....

sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

This was a tough read...........I can only image how tough it is on Kyle
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of earth,
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
Sunward I've climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
Of sun-split clouds, --and done a hundred things
You have not dreamed of --Wheeled and soared and swung
High in the sunlit silence. Hov'ring there
I've chased the shouting wind along, and flung
My eager craft through footless halls of air...
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue
I've topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace
Where never lark or even eagle flew --
And, while with silent lifting mind I've trod
The high untrespassed sanctity of space,
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God

John Gillespie Magee

Amanda 5-27-11 Day 76
It is with a broken heart that I tell you that my beautiful girl Amanda passed away at 10:10 central time this evening. Beside her was her adoring husband Kyle, her mother Jeanie, her brother Matt, her sister-in-law Michelle and her devoted mother-in-law Audean.

Thank you all again for your love,

Goodnight and God Bless Amanda,

Kyle
scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

Followed this from day 1. Was hoping for the best. Got home after truckin all week to see this posted at 530am. Thought "Wow, early for Bob" and clicked on "last post" Almost sick to my stomach. Absolute tragedy. Can't even fathom how Kyle feels. Life just sucks sometimes. Guess the only positive is that she's not suffering anymore.
pstoffers

Post by pstoffers »

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
NAHA PRO HILLCLIMBER #216
LIVIN THE DREAM!!!

NOTHING BUT GREEN LABEL BLENDZALL!!!

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/P ... /Home.aspx
http://www.pro-hillclimbers.org/
britincali

Post by britincali »

:( :cry:
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

:cry: :cry:
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Time Tuesday, June 7 · 10:00am - 5:00pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Location Fayetteville First Baptist Church
20 East Dickson
Fayetteville, AR

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More Info: Graveside Service will follow at Fairview Memorial Gardens, followed by a reception at the Fayetteville Country Club, located at 3335 Country Club Drive Fayetteville AR 72701. RSVPs are requested for those of you wanting to attend the reception - we need to get an accurate count for food purposes.

Email us at justy@younkinair.com
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

She died doing something she loved, she was doing it with the man she loved and she truely lived life.

Rest in Peace Amanda, you did it your way.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Amanda Michelle (Younkin) Franklin, 25, of Neosho, MO., passed away at the Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio, TX, on May 27, 2011, due to complications from burns received in an aviation accident.

Amanda was born on March 14, 1986 in Springdale, AR., to Jeanie and the late Bobby Younkin. She was a very accomplished gymnast, musician, animal welfare advocate, and aviation enthusiast. After learning to fly at the age of 16, Amanda became an accomplished multi-engine and tail wheel pilot; she became proficient in over 15 different types of airplanes.

As a little girl, Amanda traveled with her father Bobby to airshows across the country. It was there that she was first exposed to airshow wingwalking and met the future love of her life, wingwalker Kyle Franklin. She and Kyle started dating on May 22, 2004. The couple traveled the airshow circuit with their fathers as Kyle continued his wingwalking career. They were married on October 18, 2005 and along with her brother Matt, took over the multi-family airshow business that their fathers left behind. Amanda had managed the brothers’ airshow sponsors and bookings since 2005. She became Matt’s full-time announcer in 2007 and Kyle’s full-time wingwalker in 2009.

Amanda was patriotic and had the utmost respect for those who put themselves in harm’s way in order to protect our freedom. She joined the Commemorative Air Force and also participated for several years in a World War Two style pinup calendar to help preserve the heritage of our country’s fallen heroes. Amanda was also a huge supporter of women in aviation. As one herself, she coached and encouraged young girls that she spoke with at airshows to pursue their dreams of becoming a pilot and to never let anyone hold them back. She was a member of the Arkansas ninety-nines, a group of women pilots that dates back to the nineteen thirties. Amanda made a huge impact in a short amount of time on millions of aviation patrons, airshow fans, and humanity in general. She inspired millions from the young to the young at heart with her amazing wingwalking feats, charming personality, and calendar girl smile. She will be sorely missed by countless people the world over.

She is survived by her husband Kyle Franklin of Neosho, MO., mother Jeanie Younkin of Fayetteville, AR, brother and sister-in-law Matt and Michelle Younkin and niece Kimberly of Siloam Springs, AR, grandfather Jim Younkin and his wife Ada of Fayetteville AR, and extended family, all of Fayetteville AR, mother-in-law Audean Stroud and her husband Steve of Ruidoso, NM, and the Franklin extended family. She was also survived by her “four legged children”, Rocky, Rambo, Marvin, and Peggy. In addition to grandparents, Amanda was preceded in death by her father Bobby Younkin, and father-in-law Jimmy Franklin.

Funeral services will be held 10:00 Tuesday, June 7 at the First Baptist Church in Fayetteville, AR. Interment will follow at the Fairview Memorial Gardens Cemetery also in Fayetteville. There will be a reception at the Fayetteville Country Club to follow. An online RSVP is requested for those wanting to attend the reception, please go to www.younkinair.com for more information.

In lieu of flowers, Amanda would insist that you donate to your local ASPCA, Humane Society, or Animal Shelter.
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

Damn. :(
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

http://www.eaavideo.org/video.aspx?v=973017432001

Be sure to watch it in "big screen".....
m178

Post by m178 »

God bless.
GEN4 500AF
2001 JR50 (daughters)
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Amanda on her way home in the Younkin Family Twin Beech, call sign "Amanda One".

Special thanks to Lulu and everyone at the San Antonio Air Traffic control facility for all the food for me and the dogs and their help getting Amanda home.
Kyle

Blue Sky's, and Tailwinds forever Amanda.... From everyone @ Banned.
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

AlisoBob wrote:Blue Sky's, and Tailwinds forever Amanda.... From everyone @ Banned.
X491
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
racein01

Post by racein01 »

:( :( :(
scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

Once again, I walk in the door after being in the truck all week. That video is amazing. Amanda was incredibly brave to do that, obviously loved what she did. Can't imagine what Kyle is going through. Sad. Unbelievably sad.
sugarshane

Post by sugarshane »

No matter how many times I read the the updates it is still just as saddening to read as the first. I cannot even imagine what Kyle is going thru. To have a chic that shares the same passion(s) as you do, and to make a career out of it would be pretty awesome. And to have that taken away would be devastating. :cry:
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Rhino89523 wrote:She died doing something she loved, she was doing it with the man she loved and she truely lived life.

Rest in Peace Amanda, you did it your way.
Life isnt supposed to be about how you died, but how you lived and man o man did she ever live ......

AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Amanda's services were today.......
freeride588

Post by freeride588 »

This was one of the most sad things i have ever read. I did not know Amanda or Kyle but their story has touched my heart so much. My thoughts and prayers go out to amanda's family and Kyle who in my opinion is the strongest person i have ever seen. God Bless
Kevin
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

AlisoBob wrote:Lifes really weird sometimes..... and maybe Amanda didnt die in the crash and from her burns because something is waiting for her down the road... Maybe she's going to help or save a person worse off than herself.. maybe her injuries will create some kind of new method to tread burn victims.. who knows.

All I know is that she shouldnt be with us, but she is .... and hopefully theres a reason why.

Amanda's service was beautiful yesterday. I want to thank all of you who came out to see her off and all that were there in spirit. It was truly humbling to have so many people show up and fly for her. Thank you.

I have been offline for most of the past week preparing things for Amanda and am now trying to catch up with things online. Thank you all for your continued kind words and support. It is a comfort seeing how many people's lives Amanda and I have touched in one form or another over the years. Doing what we do, you never quite realize how big of an impact you can have on people. We are just doing what we love.

It is nice to be home however the house feels very empty even with the four dogs. This is the house Amanda and I bought together, worked in and had planned on starting a family in. At this point I'm not sure what to do next. I think I'm going to take the next few months off from everything and work on some of my projects around here to keep my mind occupied until I decide what my next move is. I do know I will return to airshows at some point, I have to admit I do miss it even now. Flying airshows and entertaining is what I know and what I love to do. Amanda and I had many more ideas for future airshow seasons, some I am planning on continuing with but my life just isn't the same without my beautiful girl by my side.

Again, thank you all for your kind words, prayers, donations, friendship and support over the last three months. I truly am thank full to have had all of you there through this. I want to send a special thank you to all of you who sent me info for possible treatments to help Amanda. All of us including her doctors are much more knowledgeable on burns and burn treatments thanks to you all. I feel everything we have learned will definitely save the life of someone in the future. Goodnight and God bless,

Kyle

Maybe something good will come from this after all....
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

What a F-ing Stud, thats how its done. Get back on the horse that bit you, thats how you live life, or just wait in the rocking chair for the grim reeper to call......F that!!
fastkart

Post by fastkart »

I wish I wasn't busy that weekend, I'd attend... the show is only 2 hours away from me... bummer.