Old Timer

Please Read To Fully Understand The Sites Purpose.
Gravel Scratcher

Post by Gravel Scratcher »

off with his head :lol: :lol: :lol:
if there's one thing dad likes more than serenity… it's a two stroke engine on full throttle!
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

dannygraves wrote:LOL, yup, no more 500s for me...
Poser. :roll:
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

at hoonfest everyone make sure you get a 3rd wfo clutch dump roost at him :lol:
really tho if i was married and had no time (and $) and i had a choice between an old clapped out 97 cr500 or a new FI 450 id have to take the 450.....
i hope i am never in that situation :shock:
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

dannygraves wrote:LOL, yup, no more 500s for me, yet I am still a contributing hoon on the other site... MFDB too :wink: I don't think anyone cares as I don't post much and when I do I'm usually trying to be helpful. Although now that it has been brought to light... :lol: :lol:
I won't tell :wink:
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

2strokeforever wrote:at hoonfest everyone make sure you get a 3rd wfo clutch dump roost at him :lol:
really tho if i was married and had no time (and $) and i had a choice between an old clapped out 97 cr500 or a new FI 450 id have to take the 450.....
i hope i am never in that situation :shock:
:wink: I change oil, filters and tires and have checked the valves twice... starts everytime, runs great and is all the bike I need. Do I miss the rip of a 500? hell yes! do I miss all the work and drama of a 20 year old bike or tryign the get my jetting dialed in while everyone else is riding? nope!
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

Sounds like you spend too much time jetting and not enough time riding. I haven't changed jets in so long
I can't remember what I have in :roll:
Ride at Glamis, Dumont, elevation 'bout 600', temperature range, 40* - 100*,
Last year went to SA, 5000', It ripped there too...
I Know it could run better dialing in the carby, but hey, it's a 500 still smokes them 450s :lol:
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

dannygraves wrote:...do I miss all the work and drama of a 20 year old bike or tryign the get my jetting dialed in while everyone else is riding?
This is what happens when you go hog wild with a dremel! I've only changed jetting once - when I went to pismo back in 08. That was it. And I rode yur 450. Meh. I wasn't overly impressed. :roll: To each his own, I guess...
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...