Hello! long time open class rider looking for help.

A quick "How ya'Do", and a photo would be nice.
Openclassexpert

Hello! long time open class rider looking for help.

Post by Openclassexpert »

I started racing at 5 years old & bought my first K5 in 1988 new with money I saved up from 3 years Army. I have owned 5 K5 bikes & raced my way up from beginner, novice, intermediate & finally weak expert.

I have done a lot of dune riding including Glamis & plenty of silver lake but never had enough power for my applications (drag racing, hare scrambles)

I am 49 & love to go fast & see that all of the money seems to be going into CR500 power & new parts so I am looking for a rolling chassis ready for a panthera complete CR500 billet engine.

I know that I speak as if the 4 strokes don't exist kind of like talking as if someone isn't in the room but tat is the way I see 4 strokes sorry if I offend folks just can't stand them & crushed them at the dunes.

I am looking for a complete 450 with aftermarket suspension if possible & all upgrades & then buy a panthera to give it a heart beat.

I am fine with buying a roller & waiting to buy a monster engine for it, I need it ready to insert a C5 panthera :) I can tear a bike down to bare frame but just no fab work, can install clutch , just so you know my ability when it comes to working on bikes it's good enough to maintain my machinery.

I liked the CR500 at Red Bud & other tracks but at the dunes & drag racing the K5 was just a little faster & mono rail stable but I always liked the handling of the CR on tracks over the K5.

I am a small farmer not rich & a Army veteran a master bullseye shooter & more but won't bore you with it, I am not the most mechanical guy in the world & would like to get a complete roller with all the works so when I can afford a panthera engine I can make it happen and something tells me 2 stroke open class is coming back as are 250 & 125 but panthera is still working some things out.

I've never had a problem starting my open class bikes so no electric starter for me. I won several bets starting my K5 with my hand true story but to to be young again.

I know lol, one heck of a welcome post but I've never met anyone that wasn't a friend & they say you'll hear me before you see me in the Army :)
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

Welcome, Glad you're here!

Adam
Openclassexpert

Post by Openclassexpert »

Sorry for the long response time but tank you & glad to be aboard.

Very nice work on your machines by the way, best quality & attention to detail I've seen.
Want a monster open class bike, owned 5 K5s over 33 years, raced expert but only because I was booted from intermediate were I belong.

I come from a time when folks said what they meant & meant what they said.Thank PC culture for fragile snowflakes.