New AF owner in UK

A quick "How ya'Do", and a photo would be nice.
krazy

New AF owner in UK

Post by krazy »

Hello,

Just picked up a 2003 AF yesterday. Seems to be in pretty good shape and bought from a nice guy who looked after it. It is a pig to start so I need to figure out what's going on there. I have gone through the "usual" starting sequences but still only idled for about 5 seconds. Anyway I will start a new thread for the technical stuff. Looking forward to learning a lot from this site. Not my first 2 stroke but my first CR.

http://www.rynix.net/cr500af/

-Krazy

----- Bike details from Ad ----------

This bike is one of only 15 made for 2003 that utilised the frame geometry of a 125. the rest were based on the 250, (that does not mean it has a 125 frame, it has never been a 125, it just shares the same cornering characteristics). the steering was tighter, it was also lighter. It was made bespoke to the spec of the first keeper who owned service racing uk, the original importer of the bike and service hondas then uk dealer. I am the second owner.
It has a v5 with reg plate, headlight unit and rear light unit (lights for show only) but would need mot/tax/horn for road use.
The bike wants for nothing. its stupidly fast.
Ive only used the bike a few times, once this year and most of the bearings on it have not even gone through their run in period. Its ready to go.

quick rundown of spec.
Gold talon wheels.
new renthal chain.
new prox clutch.
full rebuild. (top end kit, every engine bearing, gasket and seal, the crank was very recent and was fine)
front and rear suspension serviced one ride ago.
red aluminium wirtz handlebars
renthal bar pad
brand new applied triple clamp.
unbreakable levers.
billet footpegs.
forged gear lever
forged, billet brake pedal
pro circuit platinum pipe
fmf q spark arrestor silencer
boysen racing clutch and ignition covers,
motostuff red anodised engine bolt kit
motostuff red anodised body fastener kit.
brand new, custom made oversized radiators.
keihin 40mm pwk airstriker carb (just rebuilt)
brand new oem carb hoses
red billet axle blocks.
red billet tank fastener.
red billet fuel cap
red billet steering stem nut
red billet oill filler plug
red billet magnetic oil drain plug
red billet front brake reservoir cover
red billet rear brake reservoir cover
red billet rear brake clevis
white plastic kit
white/red limited edition one industries david bailey graphics kit