G'day. Another CRE owner. Australia

A quick "How ya'Do", and a photo would be nice.
CRE500

G'day. Another CRE owner. Australia

Post by CRE500 »

G'day all,

Names Richo. Wanted to join here for a while but out of courtesy thought I'd wait till I owned one...

Had a hankering for a 500 for decades since seeing mates older brothers blasting our CR80 track to bits back in the mid 80's :shock:

Got to meet a local suspension guy recently who organised the 1998 ISDE event here near Traralgon Victoria, while restoring my 1988 Cagiva-Husky WRK250 Enduro.

Long story short, was about to click buy on a low hour 2015 Husky TE300 and remembered him saying he had a CRE500 sitting as a trophy doing nothing.

Phone call and popped the question...
Would you sell it?
A: Yes
How much?
A: $xx,xxx

Ouch. I'll take it :D

Whilst picking it up with a plethora of new $$$$ spares thrown in, saw a sad but barely used 2000 tm 250EN. Has a very cool history I want to document before facebook stalking the Finn rider it was supplied to for a few 4 & 6 day events here in AUS. I'll elaborate later.

How much?
A:1k

I'll take it!

At almost 40 and being too career committed for 20 years service, I'm realising life can restart at 40

Bike stable has gone from just the WRK to include a 1990 RGV250 VJ21, TM 250EN + CRE500 + possibly a Harley WLA soon

CR got road Rego yesterday, I think I need some bread & milk. BRB ! :whoop:

Kuma

Post by Kuma »

Welcome, and congrats on the new family!
Gen 2 AF, yes it's a SH, so I can call it an AF Damm it!
CRE500

Post by CRE500 »

Kuma wrote:Welcome, and congrats on the new family!
Thanks Kuma

Can't believe I've waited so long. The butterfly effect for sure. Feel a bit lucky tbh. Google found a forum comment leading me to the suspension guy. He doesn't advertise. Picked up an as new set of old WP4054 forks which lead to the CR and TM & WLA :shock:

Timing/coincidence.

The original CRE steel frame roller is mint for age.
150km use wear. Not seen in pics.

Pretty keen to get a set of more old school Honda Wing/CR500 shroud decals to cover the current 2007 CR250 ones.

Developed an air leak/lean throttle closed surge issue so resealed reed block and changed magneto side crank seal yesterday. Bike had sat for years 'in the pool room' (Aussie joke).

Leak check again this arvo fingers crossed
499_cc

Post by 499_cc »

Wellcome from another newcomer.
Yes, life can restart at 40+
We almost share the same bikes; I've got the "Hamamatsu girl" big brother... :roll: