big rooster hare scramble

WTF Happened!!!!
2strokeforever

big rooster hare scramble

Post by 2strokeforever »

my first race on a full sized bike , came 8th in intermediate 25th overall, but i did get the holeshot...then bailed in the first corner but i did fight my way to 1 or 2nd until rad fan broke 2.5 hours in then i boiled over so i had to wait till it was cool enough to fill up from my camelbak :evil: (no i wont use evans) ended up doing two 30 mile (47 km) laps in 3 hours 5 min of mostly nasty singletrack had 2 liters of gas left per lap with stock af tank
to give you an idea of how hard i was hanging on heres a pair of renthal kevlar grips that i put on the morning of the race, 3 hours and 5 min on these :shock:

heres me after the race, no armpump even though i use the clutch into and out of every corner and just for the fun of it, but my throttle/front brake outside 2 fingers get stuck curled up while i ride, like they seized or something...

heres a few people "having fun" (wishing they took the 3 mile long easyout) :lol:

heres me on the enduro cross track, aparently everyone was having issues except me :D and quite a few people did endos over the pyramid even with an extra little log filling the hole in front of it, next spring im getting someone to video the entire enduro X section because it was mayhem, the crowd loved it tho

heres the start, got the holeshot, bailed in the first corner 7th when i got back in
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
britincali

Post by britincali »

Great job on that section man!!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

nice controll
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

oops didnt put the start video on got the holeshot, but laid it over in the first corner, so i left the grasstrack in 7th, then was passing people steady till i got tired half an hour from the end, rad fan broke + slow riding and it started raining so it leaned out my already lean pilot and i overheated letting 5 or 6 people by :cry: but i still had a blast
theres this trail called the "happy trail" and itd basicaly a deadfall zone with nothing cut out and theres trees as high as your front fender off the ground that you have to go over and the race organizer put balloons with happy faces all through the trail, and i thought it was great because people were stuck and overheating and there looking at these balloons hoping whoever put them there was dying painfully

very happy with both D952 tires rear has 10 gallons of gas through it and no chunking, the knobs barely wore down, and this is in rocky terrain and lots of gravel road drifting.
the front has this race and 1 lap of preriding on it, and you could wash it and sell it to me as a brand new tire and id never even know it was used
cant say how well they grip because iv only ever had 3 new fronts and 4 rears ever, so any new tire grips good to me, for now there my intermediate tire of choice, the m5b kicks the shit out of it for soft tho, but didnt last on the hard
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

i seem to have issues coming into corners hopefully its my suspension and a revalve will fix it, the front tire washes out, dont know what causes that , but at least i make up for it by launching out of every corner like a marble out of a sling shot
4stroke=dead fish
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

also noticed all my fingers cramping up 30 min in then i remembered a post on thumpertalk about breathing, started breathing fast and making an effort to not slow down and it went away :shock: and i could go all out for 2.5 hours, but i ran out of energy the last half hour, after the race i couldnt even pick my bike up after laying it on the ground, maybe one of those energy gel things is what i need to keep me going through that last half hour
ill find out sunday ill be racing the OHSS race at becker lake its only 2.5 hours long
4stroke=dead fish
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

heres one of my riding buddies getting beat up by an obstacle, yes he uses a rekluse :lol: but hel try anything (within reason of course)

4stroke=dead fish
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

heres what happens when a bike gets rode in the bush :cry: did that a few weeks ago, shees looking pretty beat for less than 4 months old :shock:
4stroke=dead fish
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

2strokeforever wrote:heres one of my riding buddies getting beat up by an obstacle, yes he uses a rekluse :lol: but hel try anything (within reason of course)

killer action shot! :lol: :lol: :lol:

sounds like a fun day, dude
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
KE 336

Post by KE 336 »

2strokeforever wrote:very happy with both D952 tires rear has 10 gallons of gas through it and no chunking, the knobs barely wore down, and this is in rocky terrain and lots of gravel road drifting.
the front has this race and 1 lap of preriding on it, and you could wash it and sell it to me as a brand new tire and id never even know it was used
cant say how well they grip because iv only ever had 3 new fronts and 4 rears ever, so any new tire grips good to me, for now there my intermediate tire of choice, the m5b kicks the shit out of it for soft tho, but didnt last on the hard
I've really become a fan of the 952 tire. Hooks up as well as the 756 but wears way longer.
I've always hated the endurocross crap. I can tear up more than enough shit over natural terrain without the addission of man made stuff. Now if I had a sponsor paying for everything it tears up, I wouldn't mind it. :lol:
Sounds like you had a load of fun tho.
Rue

Post by Rue »

britincali wrote:Great job on that section man!!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:
X2

Way to Pull the hole shot!!! :cool:
AFC Build link
http://www.bannedcr500riders.com/board/ ... 220#106220

"Real success is finding your lifework in the work that you love" (David McCullough)
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

that race was a lot of fun, especialy where you find a guy thats the same skill level and your both fighting to be in front for the whole race, that guy was on a ktm 300 this time
Way to Pull the hole shot!!!
ya i was happy to holeshot even tho i wiped out in the first corner and almost got ran over :oops: good thing i was far enough ahead to give them 450s plenty of time to go around :lol:
I've always hated the endurocross crap
start small and work your way up slowly and youll be suprised how easy it gets, monty , the guy that puts the races on gave me a great tip for almost anything to do with big logs: make your front tire just tap the top of what your going over and everything will work out way easier, first few times i tried the pyramid(the little log at the bottom wasnt there) my front tire didnt touch at all, while that looked badass if i made it, it was a lot harder pull off
4stroke=dead fish
Hellbear

Post by Hellbear »

:cool: :cool:

Way to represent the 500's. A helmet cam would be sweet. :P
south central hoon

Post by south central hoon »

cool report. looks like good fun.
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

Way to represent the 500's. A helmet cam would be sweet
ya i have to say the 500 rocks for the woods... as long as youre in excelent shape, because you might have to go a little slower into corners, but you can launch out of every corner 3X quicker than anything else

by next spring i should have all this :D

SUSPENSION REVALVE $1000
SCOTTS SUB MOUNT DAMPENER $530
ZIPTY AIR SCREW $20
MOOSE FRONT + REAR LIFT STRAP $40
FMF GNARLY + CARBON FIBER PIPE GUARD $380
LIGHTING COIL $200
FOX V3 $200
GO PRO HD $350
TRAILTECH TACH $150
INTELAJET $150
CLEAR ACERBIS 3 GAL $200
SERVICE HONDA REAR DISC GUARD $100
DECOMP $200
CRANK BALANCING $500
ROOSTY PORTING $600

all thats left after that is a set of cyl,carb,pipe one screamer and one for torque... then titanium pieces, too bad they are a fourtune :cry:
4stroke=dead fish
homenf

Post by homenf »

Good work! That looks like alot of fun. x2 on the helmet cam.
94 CR125
06 CR500AF

"I'd give you my two cents on this hope and change thing, but I can't afford to anymore."
Rooster

Post by Rooster »

I like the fact that the HS was named in my honor :woot:

Nice write-up and great pics/vids.
A Couple '86 CR500's
A Couple YZ250's
Lots of ATC's