Iggys down but not out

WTF Happened!!!!
iggys-amsoil

Iggys down but not out

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Damit! My worst cash to date. I'm lucky though.
A few changes to GH today and as always I look the track over before heading out. The only changes were the double between the hills and the tunnel hump back onto the start straight. Well by the time I got back to the tunnel hump I forgot that it falls away much sooner so it became a 12 foot high flat land. Upon landing a whole lot of throttle was given and the beast launched out from under me. My left cheek hit hard enough to knock the wind out of me or the landing itself did, I dunno. I think I rolled twice and came to rest on my left side just after the berm. I wanted to get up but had a hard time breathing so I just laid there for a couple of minutes as one of the course workers asked if I knew where I was at. "GH", do you know your name? Yes Steve, I said the wind was knocked out of me. I didn't hit my head.

Damage, lower right leg and knee is very sore along with my hips, I felt my lower spine compress but is fine. Left lower rib isn't broke but feels like it should be. Its a sob getting up and down from sitting. Fractured right wrist an inch back on the big bone. :x Damit, I wanted to do this series but I doubt if I can make Cahuilla now.

The front end of the bike is pretty tweaked as it ghost rode til it fell, I didn't see it. I'd say that was a good test to see if the frame broke, I dunno, I didn't look at that part yet, it's still on the trailer and can't unload it by myself. Fortuneatly my wife was there to help and Nick Wey was parked next to me and helped load the bike.

I haven't said anything til now but Boeing is on strike, 200 a week for 8 hrs picketing, I don't dare cross that line. I was considering asking Jay or Bob if there is some local work but so much for that, SDI pays.

Thanks again Nick and to GH crew for the help and keeping me safe while I was down. :lol: :x
Trinity Racing mild porting FMF
62 pilot, EGH needle, 172 main
03 Gen III CR250 frame

2013 Dodger Charger 5.7 Hemi

http://www.prisonplanet.com

Your Amsoil Customer # 350882
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

shit that sucks big time, I hope you have a speedy recovery
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

lewisclan wrote:shit that sucks big time, I hope you have a speedy recovery
X2 Heal well my friend
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
Mad Dog

Post by Mad Dog »

We don't bounce near as well as we used to, do we.
Heal well Iggy.
'We are motorcycle people; we walk tall and we laugh at whatever’s funny. We shit on the chests of the Weird….' HST
redrocket190

Post by redrocket190 »

Heal up fast man. That is not a small jump to cock up on. Until I read this I had hoped you (we) would be doing Vet-X on Sunday on the GP track...
Michael Stiles
2007 Honda CR500R-AF
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

Sucks man - get well soon!
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Thank guys.

Yeah practice the last three weeks haven't used the full GP course and not sure if there going to the top of St. Helen. I know there using Mckinley on the REM side. Maybe I should record Hangtown and have the SO drive me out as I can't shift the car. :?

I"m getting around better but my right knee got a little jacked too.
Algava

Post by Algava »

I know what's going thru your mind now.
Focus on healing, keep the stress down.
Good Luck
Al
arleybeer40

Post by arleybeer40 »

Bummer, hope all heals well.
Brit must be gay because he always says hes gonna have a fag
asteroid500

Post by asteroid500 »

AHHH the joys of our chosen sport, stress less & heal better.
Have you gone threw the "oh my god-what have i done to my bike" stage yet & been hobbling around the shed pulling off the bent bit's.

I feel for ya.
Get well soon," ya soft cock"
"not speeding officer".....qualifying

CR250 97
CR500 AF 99 (in progress)
CR500 AF CR G-4
CR500 1985 true legend
RGV250 96 X2
GSXR600 07 TRACK BIKE
VH Commadore cup car (race)
britincali

Post by britincali »

hoofarted wrote:Sucks man - get well soon!

X2!
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

It's actully not stressful this time. The only thing thats troubling is having to picket for 8 hrs to qualify for medical. The Union is on strike. The company has us locked out, but that's not really true. But being locked out makes us qualify for unenjoyment, which I have three days coming. But now having to switch to SDI which will easily make the house payment. If the strike should end by the end of June I will still be out 2 to 4 more weeks.

The bike isn't in that bad a shape, cept the front wheel is twisted so far to the right something looks badly bent. But I think it will all come back once everything is loosened up. It seems like it hit some thing hard at the end of its ghost ride, maybe the tractor, cause the top cross flex bar is bent and the pad is toast, can't imagine that happening just hitting the ground. The starting line is really wide across there but after it left me I have no idea what it did.

In the last post I was considering spectating the race tomorrow and hanging with redrocket but the walk to the bank tells me otherwise. I just wanted to loosen up this knee which it did but the butt and hip ache to much to stand and walk around Glen Helen even half the day. :x

Good luck Mike.
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

And after hearing about rain, hale and track condisions probably glad I didn't go. I here only the pros were jumping and that double at the bottom of Yamaha hill claimed a few people.
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

iggys-amsoil wrote: The bike isn't in that bad a shape, cept the front wheel is twisted so far to the right something looks badly bent. But I think it will all come back once everything is loosened up.
Not a chance, the lower triple clamp is bent. F!!! :x
Mik329

Post by Mik329 »

iggys-amsoil wrote:
iggys-amsoil wrote: The bike isn't in that bad a shape, cept the front wheel is twisted so far to the right something looks badly bent. But I think it will all come back once everything is loosened up.
Not a chance, the lower triple clamp is bent. F!!! :x
What triple's are you running? I have a stock CRF250 triple laying around.
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

I still have the stockers so I put them back on. There Ride Engineerings. I called them, said there not making anymore for a 03 CR. So they'll give me another set there cost. $279vs $449 I don't I really need them that bad.

They cut the cast off today, my hand seems more swollowen than before, very limited motion. The docs giving me another month off.
If I'm lucky I'll get a ride or two in before Pismo.
FZ1426

Re: Iggys down but not out

Post by FZ1426 »

iggys-amsoil wrote:Damit! My worst cash to date. I'm lucky though.
A few changes to GH today and as always I look the track over before heading out. The only changes were the double between the hills and the tunnel hump back onto the start straight. Well by the time I got back to the tunnel hump I forgot that it falls away much sooner so it became a 12 foot high flat land. Upon landing a whole lot of throttle was given and the beast launched out from under me. My left cheek hit hard enough to knock the wind out of me or the landing itself did, I dunno. I think I rolled twice and came to rest on my left side just after the berm. I wanted to get up but had a hard time breathing so I just laid there for a couple of minutes as one of the course workers asked if I knew where I was at. "GH", do you know your name? Yes Steve, I said the wind was knocked out of me. I didn't hit my head.

Damage, lower right leg and knee is very sore along with my hips, I felt my lower spine compress but is fine. Left lower rib isn't broke but feels like it should be. Its a sob getting up and down from sitting. Fractured right wrist an inch back on the big bone. :x Damit, I wanted to do this series but I doubt if I can make Cahuilla now.

The front end of the bike is pretty tweaked as it ghost rode til it fell, I didn't see it. I'd say that was a good test to see if the frame broke, I dunno, I didn't look at that part yet, it's still on the trailer and can't unload it by myself. Fortuneatly my wife was there to help and Nick Wey was parked next to me and helped load the bike.

I haven't said anything til now but Boeing is on strike, 200 a week for 8 hrs picketing, I don't dare cross that line. I was considering asking Jay or Bob if there is some local work but so much for that, SDI pays.

Thanks again Nick and to GH crew for the help and keeping me safe while I was down. :lol: :x

It would have been better if they would have kept you safe by not building such a treacherous track in the first place. That place is knarly. Scares the shit out of me. Good luck. Could have been much worse.
'06 CRF450R, '02 R1, '11 YZ450F