Last week (some photos)

WTF Happened!!!!
hagendog

Last week (some photos)

Post by hagendog »

So last week I put in some seat time and it was "totally awesome" :D

Friday: Stoneyford w/ Rodney Smith, Josh Strang, Vaughn Wilk (son of Dick Wilk aka Dicks Racing) Joe Godman ( the guy I battled all year for the D36 title and Rodneys neighbor), my buddy Wes ( fast A rider) and 2 other guys....First loop was a lot of fire roads and single tracks off the road and as Rodney would say its just to get the blood pumping cause we were doing 3 lopps that day. Well Rodney and Josh haul ass, period!! Rodney knows every inch of that place and most of the trails were grown over secret shit that was great but I could never find that stuff without him. So we lose 1 rider after a big crash on a downhill, he made the first loop then called it a day. Wes hit a tree so hard his front back banjo bolt came loose and rode half the loop with no front brakes :shock: Much props for that cause this shit had some steep rutted downhills. So back to the truck for fuel and food, I put almost 2 gals in my bike. I can usually go around 40 miles on a tank. No time for rest says Rodney and we're off again, next loop is more technical, OK. So to start with we stop on top of hill and Rodney and Josh have some jump to show us, I can't believe I left my camera at the truck. Ok, down a hill into aup hill water bar/jump, land @70 up the hill were we are sitting, bounce off the top of the hill and down slope a water bar on the other side @70+ft away. I can't even describe how bad ass this was. Strang was throwing whips off it. From Water bar to bar was around 150ft and ol Rodney said he used to jump the whole thing when he was in his 30's, FUCK ME!!! I love jumping but this was a whole new level. RP, you would've loved this thing and I know were it's at...hint hint. Ok, 2nd loop started with more fire roads them we hit some single track and some more of the "secret" trails till we got to snow level. Rules of Rodney, if he climbs it or jumps it and you don't try it's 100 push ups, if you try and don't make it it's only 30. Another thing he would do is get on the gas and lose us only to hide in the bushes and roost you when you came by. We did a lot of hillclimbs too which I think I do alright but these guys make everything. Oh, how often do you ride with Suzuki's let alone 4 Makita Suzukis, 3 with red plates. They sounded great. The 2nd loop pace was fast but it was getting late so back to the truck. I don't know the exact mileage but another 2 gals in the tank. What a day!!!
and Wes fixing the front brake

Sat: Dogtown my friends Danny and Johnny

So Dannys valves are out of wack on his Honda, go figure so when I am in Oregon riding he bought an 09 KX450F. Bike is stock and sounds good so were off. I am leading the way on our normal warm up trail and I look back about 10 mins into it and no one. I go back to find them on the road looking at his header pipe. TI dents/bends easily I guess. He got bucked off and the pipe bent in 2 spots and damn near closed off the header. One down, one to go. Took Johnny on the East side loop, maybe 10+miles but he and poison oak don't get along just like Stoffers and he is going slow to avoid. Good ride but since one was tanning at the truck we headed back and called it.

Sun: Deer Creek w/ buddy Eric

We have been doing this 50 mile loop lately and decided to change it up. If you know the place I'll make it fast. Trail 1 to rt on 2, lt on 3, lt on 7, lt on 4, lt on 5, lt on 7 to lt on 14. At the 17 intersection head towards Crandell on the 5 miles of rocks till Crandell Peak. Heading down to Frasier Flat camp ground the took 32 to 34 to 35 them down to the old train tresils or how ever you spellit. They are gone now since the fire. turned around and head towards the Ruby burn area. Trail 31 to 4n02 I think and then some roads over to some unmarked single track. down to the burn and crossed the creek. 29 to 20/28 then back on the road, gas was getting low and no more water/gas bottles then 25 to the ridge and 12 to 2 to 1 and back. 70 miles or so and 5 hrs. BRAPPPPPPPPP

WHAT A 3 DAYS STRETCH!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh I rode 3 days up north the week before too. Thurs with Austin Fox at Buckhorn then 2 days camping with the family at Elderberry Flats in OR. 36 is the new 20, I need a job cause I'm really bored these days :wink:
Last edited by hagendog on May 3rd, 2010, 10:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Re: Last week

Post by AlisoBob »

hagendog wrote: Thurs with Austin Fox at Buckhorn then 2 days camping with the family at Elderberry Flats in OR. 36 is the new 20, I need a job cause I'm really bored these days :wink:
:twisted:
hagendog

Post by hagendog »

Oh Austin.... hahahaha So we leave the truck and go hit one hillclimb but it's rutted pretty bad so off on the single tracks. Now about 20 ft into the first rut he's riding the left side and falls in, no biggie until whiskey throtle+traction= eject. Kinda hard to explain but he shot out of the rut to the right, bike flips, he did ??? and lands sitting on the header pipe :shock: :shock: :shock: WOW he jumped up to have a nice stripe of his TLD pants stuck and melting on it. His tightie whites were still intact so we took off again. The End
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Thats Austin!!!
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

Very :cool:
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

Nice
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
kball1313

ride

Post by kball1313 »

Funny, that's the same color Dodge as mine. Don't see too many around that color. Noisy old bastard, but i'm gonna keep it for a long time.
If if doesn't kill you, it hurts like hell.
Quads are dirtbikes for fat kids.