Canfield 3/21

WTF Happened!!!!
MojoScojo

Canfield 3/21

Post by MojoScojo »

I took a few coworkers out to Canfield Saturday. It ended up being a bit more difficult for a couple of them than I had anticipated, but they persevered and had a great time. 2 of them had never ridden anything like that. 2 had ridden this sort of trails before but not for some 15 years. 1 of them was retired and riding an early 80's Husky with drum brakes and dual monoshocks :shocked:. It was near perfect conditions for a ride. Not slimy muddy, No dust. If only the sun was out so they could have seen the views. :( Ah well. Next time.

No longer have a CR500.
07 Yamaha YZ250, 17 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
Get on with riding or get on with dying.
https://www.youtube.com/mojoscojo
torque monster

Post by torque monster »

Grew up at the base of Canfield and rode there a TON - thousands of hours. My parents still have a house in Dalton, I need to get over and ride soon.

Chris
Mama

Post by Mama »

Is there camping allowed there? I saw the one trailer in the vid but a person never knows. We have taken ours to the dunes for day rides before. Canfield is about 250mi. from us and I would love to drag the old man down for some shred time! :wink:
A CR500 is a thing of beauty whatever the frame is made of, but me, I'd rather ride a hoon!
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

Nice contury ya got there
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

Mama, no camping there at the trailheads for Canfield. It is Coeur d'Alene national forest and there are other campspots in the forest. Horse Haven Airstrip, Magee or Pritchard for instance. It's a fair ride to get to those trails from there though. Mind you, the forest is riddled with singletrack.

I'm not sure where you get 250 miles... It is 136 miles from Moses Lake to Coeur d'Alene. A little over 2 hours drive. Short enough for a day trip in my mind. Heck, I go 100 miles past you over to Manastash for day trips.

For camping, knowing the situation with Jasons hips and knees, I would suggest Little Pend Orielle in the Colville National forest and the Sherry Creek campground. Plenty of riding and camping there and it's right close to "Beaver Lodge". :wink: You can get a free trail map at the lodge and you do do more picking and choosing of trails based on what you feel up to at the time. It's just a much better family place in general. That's where I'll be going more often when it warms up more and the snow is all gone.

IMHO, you should just send him over for a day trip. I'll look after him. I'll even put the helmet cam on him if you like.
No longer have a CR500.
Mama

Post by Mama »

MojoScojo wrote:
I'm not sure where you get 250 miles... It is 136 miles from Moses Lake to Coeur d'Alene. A little over 2 hours drive. Short enough for a day trip in my mind.
I used google maps and put in Moses Lake, Wa to Canfield, Id. It said 230 mi. The map shows it just south of Cottonwood.
A CR500 is a thing of beauty whatever the frame is made of, but me, I'd rather ride a hoon!
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

No longer have a CR500.
FRO53

Post by FRO53 »

we got to ride sometime i love canfield and 75% of my buddies are on 5 hundys. the hill at the end is steeper then it looks on film.what camera do u have?
Northwest Nitro Nationals Pro NAHA Hillclimb April 26th-28th 2013
KX 60 hillclimber
CB 750 hillclimber
2001 xr70 (kids)
2009 trx 250 es (wifes)
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

FRO53 wrote:we got to ride sometime
Count on it. Easter weekend sucked. This last weekend was Des 100. Haven't made plans for this weekend, but pretty sure it will be Canfield on Sunday.
FRO53 wrote:i love canfield and 75% of my buddies are on 5 hundys. the hill at the end is steeper then it looks on film.what camera do u have?
Samsung SC-X300l. I don't think they make it anymore. Microphone sucks.
No longer have a CR500.
FRO53

Post by FRO53 »

We were thimking about X-mas hills on saterday.but maybe will hit up canfield on sunday.
Northwest Nitro Nationals Pro NAHA Hillclimb April 26th-28th 2013
KX 60 hillclimber
CB 750 hillclimber
2001 xr70 (kids)
2009 trx 250 es (wifes)
torque monster

Post by torque monster »

FRO53 wrote:We were thimking about X-mas hills on saterday.but maybe will hit up canfield on sunday.
If it were me X-mas hills sat., head just another 25-30 mile south and make sunday a day at the Fossil Bowl in Clarkia - my favorite MX track!

Wish I could join you.
south central hoon

Post by south central hoon »

makes me home sick. great day.