HoonFEST 2010

WTF Happened!!!!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

HoonFEST 2010

Post by AlisoBob »

WOW!!! What a experience.....

Thursday I get home... Daughters quad is DOA ( carb issue with a seized choke plunger).... get that sorted out... get the other bikes serviced, and load the trailer... finish around 2am and get the family up at 4:30 for a 5am departure.

Hook up with Solid and Al Gava for the convoy out. (3 groups from California... pretty weak me thinks...)

Not much to report until were 80 miles from Phoenix.. my first blow out on my trailer. WTF??? Nothing changed on my toyhauler.. I told Jay Lewis he transfered his "Blown Tire Curse" onto me. Jay once blew 10 tires going to Arkansas and back.

So we get the tire swapped out, and head closer to Phoenix... Solid needs gas, so we pull off, straight into Sand-Nigger Central. Some piece of camel shit wants to cut me off, so I stick my toyhauler right in his face, or is it a her? Cant really tell.... Ugly mutha' fucker.. dick or no dick.

So they give me the finger, I tell them the Koran is a piece of dog shit... Solid bails out before the bullets fly..... These Phoenix rag heads take doosh-bagism to all new levels. So I catch up with Solid, hes ready to pound some homeless guy trying to buy lotto tickets, smokes, and beer with food stamps... 3o minutes later this jackass completes his transaction.... Phoenix is sucking for both of us....

We get to the staging area... unload, hook up with some Hoons... and life seems right again. We go for a quick ride Friday afternoon.... trails are AWESOME. The rains have conditions perfect. We settle in with some big screen hillclimb vids, great food... and lots of Hoon talk...

Sat I wake up really sick. I'd been battling a cold / flu for a week or so.. and being up for 48 hours straight hasent helped. My morning ride was a loop with the whole family that everyone really enjoyed. The mid day ride was a "C" loop lead by Big "D"... and the evening ride was another family / wifey ride I lead. Sat night wa sthe big feast, more big screen of the days rides recorded on Go Pro cameras, and more trash talk.

Sun I felt even worse.... And I rode like it. My ears are all plugged, and I have no balance. The morning family ride turned into a 2 hour loop as I got all spun around and want on way more o fa ride than planned. I got my bearings straight and got everyone back to camp eventually, but missed the morning "Big Hoon" ride. The early afternoon "C" ride went ok.... the late "C" ride sucked ass for me. At that point my odometer read 82 miles, and I was beat . Soild said I was riding like I had two flat tires.... and I was . About 1/2 through this ride, I come off the bike for no reason at all, and pull the plastic hose right out of master cylinder of my Murgura clutch. FUCK! Some first class trailside " Nig-Guivering" with knives, matches, gorrilla tape, and 2 stroke oil get me going again. Big thanks to Solid, Jay, Shanman, and Montana Dan aka Elwood. We head down a wash to the highway, to cheat out way back. Thanks guys, sorry I ended your rides early. Sunday night is Goodbye time for most of the Hoons.... it ends on more good food and alcohol.

The wives had a good time shopping in the local tourist traps when they werent downing champange and chocolate covered strawberries...... no, I'm not kidding....

The family and I have a great ride monday morning, then its time to load up.... Shit, my umbilical on my toyhauler is severed... I must have cut it swinging that tight u-turn coming in... We head out, to the local True-Value for 10 guage butt connectors. We get back on the road..... and Solid askes me over the phone.......

"Hey Bob, you see any big hunks of rubber in the road in front of you?"
I reply... "No... thats weird.. I dont see any"

He says "Well Einstein, I suggest you pull over and check your tires again. Dumbass....."

Another blown tire!!! Damm.... And I'm out of spares. I dump my clean and brown water right there on the roadside, and 3 wheel it to Quartzsite for help. I get there to the tire store, and they ask me if I want the same tires as replacements.. HELL NO I dont want the same tires!!! Look at them!! I upgrade to "E" rating all the way around for $450, and were back on the road.... and finish the drive without any more drama...

I'm posting up about "Hoon of the Year" after I get the photo.... The winner is quite deserving.....

It was a fantastic year.... fireside talk has the ride possibly going on the road for 2011.... maybe to Moab Utah!!!!

Thanks everyone for a great 2010. I'm sure I will post up more stories as I remember them.....

:D
"SOLID Bro!!"

Post by "SOLID Bro!!" »

Repeat!!

We had a great time, though Bob made me park in the second row. My Family had the best time.

My dogs got "alittle" exercise and slept the whole way home and all day today.

Thanks for the tour of the AZ country side.

Every ride was excellent and well organized

It's nice to know there are still people out there that I would let my kids go off with knowing that they are in good hands if something were to
happen.

Thanks to everyone for a great safe trip.

We can't wait for the next one.

A couple of my friends asked if it was worth the drive? I say HELL YES!!!!

The down side: just after Bob and Jay fueled up We were headed to a hardware store for electrical stuff to fix his pig tail.

we got that fixed and I asked my son what the hell is that smell ?

Well about thirty miles later I radioed Bob and asked him are your tires OK? Because I see little tire shreds in the road?

I don't see any was his reply.

So he pulls over and I hear " OH THAT'S NOT GOOD " Well we changed a flat on the out so no spare now, we are 14 miles from Quartsite and no spare.

So Bob said I'll drive it there at a reduced speed. I'm thinking 35 - 40 mph
Nope 55 - 60 on three tires and one wheel well we made it.

Thankfully

Thanks again to everybody that had a hand in organizing this trip.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

[quote=""SOLID Bro!!""]So Bob said I'll drive it there at a reduced speed. I'm thinking 35 - 40 mph
Nope 55 - 60 on three tires and one wheel [/quote]

I had to get there QUICK.... before another one popped!!!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

It was great to see some new Hoons... But I missed my riding buddies Troy Lewis, Dave Cook, and John Ellett this year......

And WTF... No Roosty either...

:cry:
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

we had a great time as did all my kids that came out . looking forward to next year :cool:
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

I dont have too many photos....

Me, Armpump, Slo-Mo, Jay, Cameron, Solid Bro eriC

Jack and Berlin, ready to roll....

This was a very steep section for a 8 year old girl, Pookie navigated it perfectly!!

Roxydog, guarding our shit....

All it needs is a bottle of Slime, no worries

Maybe if we stare at it long enough, it will fix itself......
"SOLID Bro!!"

Post by "SOLID Bro!!" »

You know bob I would have got right in there and changed that tire for you had you not pulled the plug on water tank making us work in mud.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

THat aint "mud"...
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

Woot! Fresh bannerpic fodder.
No longer have a CR500.
07 Yamaha YZ250, 17 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
Get on with riding or get on with dying.
https://www.youtube.com/mojoscojo
Algava

Post by Algava »

Wow, two blown tires in one trip.
Good choice to replace them all and the price was super right.
I paid over $200 for 1 tire only at Camping world.
will post some pics and vids later.
Al out
ShanMan

Post by ShanMan »

It was a blast to hang with you all again! That picture Bobby posted with the fellas is funny, because Tracy (Armpump) looks like a midget and he goes 6', 200 lbs. Hoons are for the most part some big mo-fo's!

Hope eveybody had a good time....Moab for the win in '11 BTW!!!
CR500AC widget maker
Algava

Post by Algava »

Sorry about the delay but I had to catch up with work this week.
Here are some pics :
Saturday morning C group lead by BigD:
and the way we got up that hill:
Brand new 09 crf 450' can't make it up there
But cr500's can be a handull too
thank God for good samaritans
the big picture...beautiful
but....wait a minute
good samaritan is down too
no problems...back in his feet but... what is that...
Cholla Cactus....it must hurt.
Other's had close encounters too
myself too, I don't have any pics luckily.
More about the riders
Ohhh,
by the way
my kids were the yunger riders out there, 3-5 and 7 yo

Al out
ShanMan

Post by ShanMan »

Thanks for sharing those Al...those are great...I especially love the two-up shot on the PW50....my son wanted to ride that bike soooo bad. LOL!
CR500AC widget maker
Algava

Post by Algava »

Shan, you should have said something.
That's good that he's got the drive :cool:
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

Really? That's all the pictures? Some good stuff from Al and a couple from Bob...

It's been a week. I understand cutting down vids takes some time, but post up the pictures!!!!
No longer have a CR500.
07 Yamaha YZ250, 17 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
Get on with riding or get on with dying.
https://www.youtube.com/mojoscojo
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

sweet pics, Al! :wink:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80