Reiter buttstomper

WTF Happened!!!!
Rosco-Peeko

Reiter buttstomper

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

What can I say. This ride was the pinnicle of ride here in Washington. I hate to sound like an ass...oh the hell with it. I may have been able to hold my own in Jawbone or be fast in Socal...this place breaks all the rules of everything I have ever ridden. First off I have to give props to Mojo, Matt and Tim. Not only did they break me in, they broke a leg off in my ass. We did 12 miles today. I have to say that was the hardest 12 miles I have ever done. Arizona, yeah its cool, but has nothing on this place. My bike overheated numerous times and ran like ass but still made it through (ignition is done). Reiter is also a place of endless beauty. I flet like a jackass, gawking at the awesome views!!!! See the pics! The roots annd ruts handed me a good beating today...fun non-the-less. I also did Nemesis 1,2,3 almost unscathed. On Nemeses 2, I lost my footing...steep downhill and true singletrack. For whatever reason I grabbed the front brake a little harder...felt the ass end lift up and did a leap frog over the bars landing on my feet. I had a great time! I will return to Reiter again and again...my proving grounds to get better. Think you're a bad-ass...bring it up here. You're hyped up Flat-Billed duner mobile will only get you hurt here. Todays ride damaged two bikes. One had to be towed back.

Bob, you're gonna ride this.........

The water crossing.....

To see this, thats every reason to ride!

The gang:

Jetting / weak ignition..not fun:

Cool rocky trail!

Nemesis 3 (Skiing on a bike):

Awesome View:

Matt:

Mojo:
Somewhere in Kenya, a village is missing their idiot.......
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

It was a great day for riding. It has been pretty dry for a while, so the trails were nice and tacky for a change. GREAT weather. Clear skies, so I think we got some stellar pictures. Perfect temperature. Excellent company.

Rob brought his neighbor Aaron(?) along on a dual sport. We had some trepidation about how well he was going to fare. Reiter has a record of being brutal on the dual sports. It didn't take long for him to dispel our concerns. The first video shows that. We started with a quick warm up up to the creek crossing. Rob should have some pictures of that. Then we headed for Nemesis 1 to see what the skill levels were and gear the ride for that. Nemesis 1 is the hill at 1:20. It used to be a LOT harder, but the jeepers have turned it into a freeway.

OK, decision made. Off to TTR trail. If you want to know why the trail is named that, you'll have to watch the first video.

Not too far into the ride, Rob's bike boiled over. Not sure exactly what the deal was there. Maybe too lean for the crawling pace? So, we stopped and adjusted the needle a bit richer. It helped, but didn't fix the problem. It continued to boil. You can hear it at 8:13 in the third video. By now we're havin some fun! :cool:

Still on the TTR trail, heading for Nemesis 3. We encounter more mechanical difficulty. Tim loses a bolt to the right footpeg on the trail. We stopped and looked for it for awhile. No luck. Oh well. Tim can hack it. :D

OK. Now we're at Nemesis 3. Its a one way downhill trail (at least for us posers. Maybe slomo could climb it ;)). Its all soft sand at a pretty substantial grade. The back brake is useless. Watch out for the front brake though. It will send you over the bars.

After our "Toboggan run" detour to Nemesis 3, we hop back on TTR. Aaron managed to crack the left side case on a rock somewhere along the line here. Game over. He's done for the day as he's draining oil out the side. Anxious to see pictures of the carnage there. Tim was able to tow him back to the road where he could coast down to where we could pick him up with the truck. Thanks Tim!

Well, there were still a couple of attractions on the way back to the truck, so we hit them on the way down. We stopped at the lookout and let Rob snap a few pics. Then we went down Nemesis 2. It took nearly 10 minutes and a trip over the bars to go down a hill about 1/10th of a mile long.

"Racetrack" According to Rob, "Good California Fun".

Last edited by MojoScojo on September 5th, 2007, 8:29 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

Man that looks sweet! I have a trip planned for that area in a little while, do you think a 4x4 quad would fit on those trails? :lol:
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

You betcha! Bring it up! :evil:
Hell, bring the 4x4!
Ported&Polished

LOL, you single track minds are to fricken much, I just can't help myself but post up that stuff. It's like playing the ice cream song in my 4x4 while I drive through residential neighborhoods. All the kiddies come out and are all excited and then, whack, reality slaps them across the puss. I just laugh and laugh. Seriously though, that stuff looks nice, someday when I buy another XR I'll come join you guys. :lol: BTW, I think Rob hates me.
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

Those vids were awesome Mojo!!!
Level Down...level down :lol:
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

P&P, this place happens to be the local 4x4 stomping grounds. For the most part, they're pretty cool. There's just a couple that feel the need to destroy....then suddenly its a freeway. Nemesis 1 is a prime example. I've got no problems with quadders or 4x4's. I've got a problem with people who feel the need to destroy other people's fun when there's plenty of fun for them around already. We know you, I'm sure you're not one of those. ;)

I've already got to ride through quite a bit of Jeep trail just to get to the singletrack. It's just a sore subject.
ou812

Post by ou812 »

Thats just like the stuff I was doing on saturday, except I found out the hard way, never let a trials bike lead in the tight stuff, once the roots got huge he just climbed them while I had to hail marry attack them. Next time I'll bring my camara and show you guys our area. Dam my legs are still sore.

What are you guys running for gearing in that stuff? My biggest problem was 14/49 was to tall.
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

I'm running 13/51. Have been forever.
Ported&Polished

MojoScojo wrote:I'm running 13/51. Have been forever.
Can you say "TRACTOR"? :o
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

Real helpful for lifting the front wheel over obstacles without even thinking about it. ;)
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

Lets do it again!!!!!!! all the Nemesis' were cool, even with my little get off on 2. I'll have to get the bike squared away and get some glasses like Matt and Tim. Goggles fogged, removed them, then the dust and bugs were in my eyes. Lets plan for the first part of Oct. Aaron said he is in also. As difficult as it was there, I was amazed by the beauty. On the Nemesis 2 vid.....awesome! It does not really show the grade, that was some steep stuff......but was still fun.
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

Sounds good! Let me know when you get back. And get Aaron to sign his butt up here!
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

MojoScojo wrote:Sounds good! Let me know when you get back. And get Aaron to sign his butt up here!
Aaron is in, I also told him to sign up. He said his handle will be ouch360 er something. I graduate on 27 Sep, a few days to make the trek back with the Saquoia, get the bike aquared away...I'll be ready. I already ordered the yellow tinted glasses that Tim has, rockymountainatv.
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

I see Aaron and Matt both just signed up here.
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

MojoScojo wrote:I see Aaron and Matt both just signed up here.
Sweet! I think Matt will be happy when he finally does me in. :lol: I can aspire that I may reach his/your level. That is the goal......
ouch360

Post by ouch360 »

Ok it took a little work but I'm here! Thank you guys for the invite to the site. :D
The ride was awesome and awe-inspiring :shock: . I would love to come back up! Thank you for the guided tour and the toe back down! Riding with this group was comforting - normally I go out alone and have to curb my desires to push myself in fear of - well - putting a hole in my ignition cover and leaking oil.
I was dumb and didnt take photos of the "case carnage". There was however an actual hole in the case it was about the size of half a penny :oops: . Can you say JB Weld!! I'll be getting a skid plate for it as soon as i can convince my wife that it will save us money to spend $65.00.
I'm at work so I got to keep this very short.
!!OUCH - Being the best is easy when its already in you!!
matt

Post by matt »

Mojo made me do it.... Sunday was alot of fun. Since I can't think of anything witty, I'll just post some random thoughts.

I'm sorry Rob/Aaron we didn't really mean to "initiate" you...ok, maybe scott did? Anytime you guys want to ride you're more than welcome! Since we've ridden with Rob before, I wasn't too worried about him, but Aaron on that dual sport, had me kinda worried, UNTIL he goes flyin' up Nemesis 1 and jumps the top, that was pretty impressive! I know this is not really 2smoke500related so I'll keep it short.

--on any SATURDAY--
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

matt wrote:I'm sorry Rob/Aaron we didn't really mean to "initiate" you...ok, maybe scott did?
No sorry needed, I am learning. Great to ride with you.
ou812

Post by ou812 »

So Rosco, now that you have done some good north west stuff, which is the better work out ? so-cal or WA.?
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

ou812 wrote:So Rosco, now that you have done some good north west stuff, which is the better work out ? so-cal or WA.?
Washington hands down. While there is good riding in SoCal. It just does not really compare to what I have seen here.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

What a Ass-Kisser....

:roll:

What happened to : " JAWBONE RULES!!!!"

:headbang:
britincali

Post by britincali »

AlisoBob wrote:What an Ass-Kisser....

:roll:

What happened to : " JAWBONE RULES!!!!"