Perris CA.

WTF Happened!!!!
iggys-amsoil

Perris CA.

Post by iggys-amsoil »

As some may know the day after Mom's day my right Sciatica decided it was going to put me down. All I heard was that surgery was the only way to it. F that. Little by little it started to go away but Dam it really had me thinking about having to hang up my helmet for good. One coworker said it took him five months the first time then seven the next. I guess im a bit luckier. three and a half months.

Well the short of it that was only thing Not sore after Fridays ride at Perris. My only concern going there was how many and how far are the gapped doubles. Turns out they were pretty close together and made half of them and probably could of done the other two if I wasn't so far out of shape.

But still nice to get back on the track again.

Any takers for Glamis Between Halloween and TG weekend? :lol:
Trinity Racing mild porting FMF
62 pilot, EGH needle, 172 main
03 Gen III CR250 frame

2013 Dodger Charger 5.7 Hemi

http://www.prisonplanet.com

Your Amsoil Customer # 350882
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

Good to hear you are still mending well :cool:
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

lewisclan wrote:Good to hear you are still mending well :cool:
X491
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
Kuma

Re: Perris CA.

Post by Kuma »

iggys-amsoil wrote:But still nice to get back on the track again.

Any takers for Glamis Between Halloween and TG weekend? :lol:
Possibly, I'll be going weekend before Halloween not too sure about TG plans
Gen 2 AF, yes it's a SH, so I can call it an AF Damm it!
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Thanks Guys.

Hmm... Weekend before? Probably do able.

I have a new coworker / friend that rides track mostly. Races with the Over the Hill Gang sometimes. Says he's never been to Glamis. See if I can talk him into going.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

sabreguy wrote:
lewisclan wrote:Good to hear you are still mending well :cool:
X491
X2
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

I had that too.
I've got some experience and suggestions if anyone is interested.
I let mine go for so long until it took me down completely.
Took me about 2 years to get the strength back completely in my right leg.
I was just getting started when I bought my first 500 a few years ago and I couldn't kick it to save my life.
Mine, came from bending at the waist and leaning forward with a string trimmer for hours on hours in the winter doing right of way work.
The condition is an inflamed nerve, read hot.
Looks like a wooden matchstick on x ray.
A small ice pack like a small pack of frozen peas placed on the spot for 15 on 30 off will cool the nerve down.
You can do it as much as you want as long as it's 15 on 30 off.
Then you can lay on the floor, knees up, feet flat with a rolled up towel under your neck.
This will stretch your spine into better alignment.
This is what the Chiropractor had me doing and it works.
The key is a "small" frozen tool, anything larger that 3-4 inches across will be too uncomfortable and you won't want to do it.
The thing is, try to identify what you're doing to cause it and also try to recognize the symptoms before it gets too bad.
For me, I got very familiar with a small pain and every time would go for the ice pack immediately.
Haven't had a problem since.
I hope someone will find this info useful.
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

I think my job, being a pussy with a mouse attached to my paw, is messing me up. I have made more money hooked to a shovel than anything else in my life. As I have progressed I have turned into a mouse pusher. I sit too much, I have not really put on much weight but I don't carry my weight the same as I used to when I was a shovel working grunt. I will occasionally get back pain and it starts to take me down. A good weekend of work or hard play seems to get me back on track. My back had been killing me for the last month until last weekend when I went wakeboarding, I was riding the surfboard tandem with my daughters which pulls even harder on my back and now this week I feel great.

I know this doesn't apply to Iggy or Tharell...totally different deal there. My job where I essentually don't work I push paper is messing me up, if I didn't like the money I would go back to grunt laborer.
O.ne B.ig A.ss M.istake A.merica
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

I have been pushing paper so long I have become a big pile of shit... I cant even remember the last time I thew a leg over one of my bikes. I am way fuk up. I need to get off my ass and start enjoying my life again I am not active enough .
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

I guess a lot of us need more exercise.
Funny, part of the therapy for sciatica is stretching.
The one thing you don't want to do.
More riding is a therapy too :)
I seem to sleep really well after a day of riding my bike.
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

Dang Iggy, do all your threads turn into threads about back problems :lol:

Back on the subject, well kinda a side bar subject, Glamis

I'll let you know more details next post, we usually camp in wash 2, I need to talk with more of my group to nail down the weekend.
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Its not about the back, its about the milage and how you got their. :lol:

Sorry that its worse for others.

I guess being in manufacturing and climbing 3 flights of stairs several times in a day with standing on a ladder and drilling over head has its benefits. Make sure U have all ur tools with you b4 u head upstairs. :wink:

Fortunately on dayshift there is a morning stretching program but back to nights so its the cardio glide and the stretching at home b4 i go. And having a good chrio, even though in Dia Bar. he's worth the extra milage detour to and from work.

Wash 2 is as dusty as it gets? perhaps 13 or I prefer gecko loop but understand thats hard with a big group.
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

It's dusty on Halloween or TG but not bad on off weekends, that's part of the reason for going off weekends :) also there is a much better chance for smooth sand longer.
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Yeah, forgot about an off weekend.