Waddell Creek

WTF Happened!!!!
Rosco-Peeko

Waddell Creek

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

Take deux!

I really like this area. Even tho its dusty as hell there isn't a shortage of hairpins, rock step ups, root step ups, rivers, creeks, wooden bridges and just a lot of freaking rocks. There is supposedly 500 miles of trails. With that said, I like to get higher up in the hills in the off camber tighter stuff--less people. The views are spectacular!

I did 30.4 miles today per the GPS. I wanted to shoot for more but......I rounded a hairpin to see my buddy off his bike and running down the side of hill. HOLY CRAP!!! Some dood on a quad ride it off the trail on a stupidly steep hill, in the middle of a wild black berry patch...lastly it was on the edge of a sheer drop-off. If it would have gone over I would have left it. If you go over with it--you don't come back. Pretty ugly! My buddy and I spent about an hour pulling, pushing and pin it to win it to get it back to the trail. After that I had nothing left. Still a good day!

Getting started on the quad trails to get higher so we can ride the good trails. Nice views!

Ken...we were roughly 15 mike from the truck and going up.

I freaking love this trail...off camber all the way. You come out of the deep woods into a clearing with some nice views.

My scooter...the way is up!

Ohhh the options. A: take the singletrack--keep momentum and clear a log halfway up or veer to the right and take the trail with "numerous" hairpins and its a deep "V" shaped trail, in the bottom is cantaloupe size rocks to hose your momentum up and several root/stump step ups.

Option A the singletrack..looks easy..the log lurks where you cant see it--still fun.

Got a mosquito in my riding glasses (yellow lensed schampa's). Stopped and snapped this off from a small wooden bridge. The depth is never shown but still a cool pic:

Heading back down the mountain back to the trucks, about an hour out. This was right before the quad ate a healthy dose of sh!t.

Looping back to Mt Molly Loop, I really need webcam footage. Regardless, still a fun trail littered with roots and loose rocks.
Somewhere in Kenya, a village is missing their idiot.......
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

:cool: :cool: :cool:
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

Thanks Rick! You other fuckers.....you riding? Or a bunch of bacon slurpin webriders? Post your rides up....fags....
Somewhere in Kenya, a village is missing their idiot.......
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

Rosco-Peeko wrote:bacon slurpin webriders
My new avatar search has begun.
No longer have a CR500.
07 Yamaha YZ250, 17 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
Get on with riding or get on with dying.
https://www.youtube.com/mojoscojo
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

Rosco-Peeko wrote:Thanks Rick! You other fuckers.....you riding? Or a bunch of bacon slurpin webriders? Post your rides up....fags....
Well I ain't riding just yet ....my back has a ways to go, but I plan on being back at it soon hopefully before the end of the year!!
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
bigpower

Post by bigpower »

Rosco-Peeko wrote:Thanks Rick! You other fuckers.....you riding? Or a bunch of bacon slurpin webriders? Post your rides up....fags....
LOL, I've been riding, although more on the rover than the big bike, think I got 400+ rover miles to about 300+ CR miles, that'll change real soon, specially September 17-20 on the MCCCT450.

Nice country, looks a lot like what I have here, only my hills aint quite that tall.

Hey was good talkin with ya sunday, had been a real long time bro. hopefully I can talk you into comin out here next yr for some ridin.

Cheers man
Kalkaska, the inbred capital of Michigan. ....a place you can walk into the greeting card aisle and find one that reads "Happy Birthday Uncle Dad"
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

I'm moto-ing, I ride to work at least once a week on the 650R and then singletrack mess around home. Try to get in a moto on the weekends either at night when the family goes to bed or when time permits. Been pretty much strictly XR, CR gets ridden Fall-Spring and the XR pretty much handles summer.
O.ne B.ig A.ss M.istake A.merica
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

Rosco-Peeko wrote: 1- bacon slurpin webrider here
sums it up for me
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"