Capital Forest/Waddell Creek

WTF Happened!!!!
Rosco-Peeko

Capital Forest/Waddell Creek

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

I got a fever....and the only prescription is more riding (omit cowbell)! ;D

I really want to ride as much as I can before I deploy. My knee is still a big jacked but gets better daily. I'm not gonna sit around whining about it.

So this kid I know, I build hit motor for him asks me if I want to ride. Oh hells yeah! No Tahuya...have a hard time getting excited about that place...its ok it you want to burn off gas--but not what I am looking for. I threw Capital Forest into the conversation--he's game and suggests Waddell Creek. I have been utterly amped all week. I have never ridden there and I heard its pretty decent. People refuse to ride there in the winter..the ground turns to clay which is like riding on glass= bustyerasso'rama.

Loaded up last night:

Got up at 0630 loaded up and left. It was roughly an hour drive and just south of Olympia.

I met up with Ken and his buddies and we headed off. Lots of rocks roots and dust. I really enjoyed the trail systems there and the views were unbelievable! I did get snagged by a black berry bush and ripped my arm up pretty good--bled all over. I didn't notice till the first break. We hit some nice tight trails.

Rode a few miles of off-camber to see this. We were on our way up to Capital Peak.

First break. The trail behind is the way up...not the road. Lotsa fun!

On top of Capital Peak, not sure of the elevation but its up there. The trail to the top was rougher than hell. The fog was still masking the views here:

Looking back toward Olympia:

Ahh the fog started to lift...gorgeous!

After this we made our way back down on good butt pucker trails and ended up a few miles from the staging area and hit the "log trail." I do ok with logs, but when you start talking about 3 stacked high and big mofo's....I had an interesting time but made it through. Surprised I didn't dent my pipe up.

I had a great day! My GPS says we did 26 miles and my tops speed was 34 MPH... ;D Most the trails were 2-3 gear.
Somewhere in Kenya, a village is missing their idiot.......
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

:cool: :cool: :cool:
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!