The XR back home!!!!

WTF Happened!!!!
Rhino89523

The XR back home!!!!

Post by Rhino89523 »

I pulled all the street legal crap off my bike to run the Baja 500, when I got back home I didn't really turn it back into an enduro. I bolted the plate on, some dummy turn signals and lame mirrors I can't see a thing out of and thats really it. I havn't been pulled over yet and I have passed a buch of cops so I think it looks close enough.

I have been riding the bike at night a bunch but last Friday I decided to ride even though it was 104. I decided to go up in altitude so it would cool off...well the thermometer in the voyager said 97 not real cool but I had a blast. I went through 200 plus ounces of water and ended up right under Mt Rose I was a little under 10,000ft. I was by myself and pretty dam deep in the middle of nowhere butting up against and possibly in wilderness area where I shouldn't be. I found this trail that hasn't been used in a long time but after spending a little time on it realized it was a hiking trail and got off of it. The area is very remote and people just don't go here by car bike or foot. The entrances have been disguised over the years but are still accessable if you know the route.

I love my 500, this 650 is a great bike as well. It is so versatile because I can ride down the street so it makes areas like this one that are near unused accessable. It is quiet so I just motor through near unseen, I can kill my headlight and I am out of site out of mind. I only stopped once and snapped a few photos.

If anyone ever wants to moto up here I have great stuff for straight dirtbikes and great stuff for a dual sport adventure as well. Name your distance and abilities and I can cater it to your desires.

The big XR motors through the rocks really well for a big pig, it's so torquey and chugs really good. I am running 14/48 on the bike. It will go so slow it's silly and it does like 90mph. It takes a special breed to enjoy the size and weight of an XR but if you are kind of a bigger guy the thing works really great everywhere. Just a little heavy when you drop it. You can see the trail in front on this last picture and the XR motored right through this boulder field with ease. the trail bends around to the right and then up and over. I can't lie and say I cleaned it but if you have ever ridden with me you know I don't clean anything I ride filthy but am O.K. at keeping it going forward.
O.ne B.ig A.ss M.istake A.merica
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

thats pretty cool terrain!
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

You have a vacation every day, I'm jealous.
Gen 2 AF, yes it's a SH, so I can call it an AF Damm it!
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

I have it pretty good with my fire road ride to work, and singletrack rides home....but I still have to work. You know the grass is always greener, I'm pretty happy with my grass so for that I am fortunate.
O.ne B.ig A.ss M.istake A.merica