Aussie post...Bacchus Marsh MX-track

WTF Happened!!!!
asteroid500

Aussie post...Bacchus Marsh MX-track

Post by asteroid500 »

Wel since moving down from Darwin to Melbourne theres very few places to ride without upsetting the Coppers (police), so i have had to join a local MX club so as to use the track.

So ive joind the Bacchus Marsh MX-track $300.00 for the yr, any day of the week & under lights so many times a mth ( i think ).... its awesome, since ive decided to race VMX i needed to sharpen up my MX skills ( what skills )
the jumps are faily flat faced so you get big air, but riding an 80's 500 with standard suspension is a challenge any way.
We'd fly like eagles & land like chickens ( my mate Frank & i that is )

I'd say its a high level track for strong B grade to A grade riders if you want to get around it fast. ( so what am i doing there )

I was on my 87 KX500 were I jumped long landing & blowing the top of the burm with my front wheel having the conventional forks below the axel dig in & send me over, i hung on but not good enough im afraid, tweaked my thumb & that payed the end of my day

...... we played with the clickers & sag (rear only) but i couldnt realy enjoy it because of the thumb,i had the thing set far better then i had started with on arriving ( thanks to those VMX guys for your imput )

My AF (ex poolmasters), has reoccuring rear brake issues ....... they fail :shock:

"not speeding officer".....qualifying

CR250 97
CR500 AF 99 (in progress)
CR500 AF CR G-4
CR500 1985 true legend
RGV250 96 X2
GSXR600 07 TRACK BIKE
VH Commadore cup car (race)
warrnum

Post by warrnum »

Hi asteroid I am a warrnambool boy now based in darwin. I rode the baccus marsh track many years ago and had a blast there. Shame your still not up here we could have had a great deal of fun, the cops are not as strict up here as long as you do mostly the right thing :wink: LOL Hope you heal up quick and good luck down there.
asteroid500

Post by asteroid500 »

personal message Roostmaster.
He's here & other site as well ...... he'll 500 your ear off & introduce you to the other 500 blokes.
that track is only a few months old..... all new.
the old one was a rock nest monster.
"not speeding officer".....qualifying

CR250 97
CR500 AF 99 (in progress)
CR500 AF CR G-4
CR500 1985 true legend
RGV250 96 X2
GSXR600 07 TRACK BIKE
VH Commadore cup car (race)