It's not riding unless there's bloodshed

WTF Happened!!!!
MojoScojo

It's not riding unless there's bloodshed

Post by MojoScojo »

And it was my turn today. Went up Hell's Canyon today with Justin, Dad and another guy I work with. Stopped and got gas at a station along the way. Big mistake. Must have been "enhanced" as both my bikes ran like crap all day. The 250 was zingy lean and running hot. The 500 boiled over several times.

Anyway, just rockin down a trail at a nice casual clip a little over 20mph, suddenly I feel a sharp sting at my nose. A few seconds later my nose is gushing blood on my helmet and all over my bike. So, naturally I slow to a stop and calmly turn the gas off and shut it down. I'm trying to stay calm as I get my gear off so dad can inspect it. He uses up half his camelbak washing me up to have a look. No major damage. Just a nosebleed.

As it turns out, a tree branch sticking out over the trail found it's way UP MY NOSE!!!! I went back and found it. I snapped the branch about 2 feet back.

So... that was my excitement for the day.

Another successful Sunday.

PS, is this forum hidden or something? Does no one ride anymore? Too busy getting hard ons over what the best oil to run is? I had 2 bikes running like shit today. Didn't even slow me (or Justin) down.
No longer have a CR500.
07 Yamaha YZ250, 17 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
Get on with riding or get on with dying.
https://www.youtube.com/mojoscojo
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

classic, reminds me of ripping down a skidder road and a pissed off wasp somehow got in the ear pocket of my helmet :shock:
Must have been "enhanced" as both my bikes ran like crap all day
been looking into ethanol free premium marine gas, cause im pretty sure im experiencing tuning issues from that

got some vids on the way, too bad i cant find a easy to edit the boring parts out
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

:worthless:
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

2strokeforever wrote:got some vids on the way, too bad i cant find a easy to edit the boring parts out
GoPro?
No longer have a CR500.
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

ya, just figured out how to do it on youtube but it takes a while cause you still gotta upload all the stuff you dont need
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

2strokeforever wrote:... takes a while cause you still gotta upload all the stuff you dont need

just use Windows Movie Maker to edit before you upload. :whoop:
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

I had a ride something like that, in heavy scrub, I seen the branch about 2 feet before it got me, right nostrel, broke off flush at the bottom of my nose. Bro pulled up beside me to see what happened and i yanked it out. Scary thing is i swear i could feel it in my eye, it was easily 2"long and I bled like a stuck pig. Bro almost puked :lol:
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

The last time I rode was over 1 year ago........Pismo last year.
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

I'm still riding but mostly my XR650 to work and back, lots of single track through the forest and then some desert blasting to the house, but I havn't taken the bikes anywhere, only riding at home so I don't post. Plus I don't have a go pro or anyhting so my posts are boring. Love yours though.

I run different oil than everyone here, some days my jetting is on and some days I just ride through it. I do play with the boat and the family on most weekends through the summer and then focus on moto-ing in the fall on through.
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

lewisclan wrote:The last time I rode was over 1 year ago........Pismo last year.
Extreme sad face. :(
No longer have a CR500.
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

2strokeforever wrote:classic, reminds me of ripping down a skidder road and a pissed off wasp somehow got in the ear pocket of my helmet :shock:
Must have been "enhanced" as both my bikes ran like crap all day
been looking into ethanol free premium marine gas, cause im pretty sure im experiencing tuning issues from that

got some vids on the way, too bad i cant find a easy to edit the boring parts out

Wasps. Evil little creatures. Their only purpose in life is to fuck with you.

I've found an ethanol free source here. Problem is, it's an unmanned corporate filling station. If I want to buy any, I need to show up there M-F between 8 and 5. Not an easy task as it's a 30 minute drive.

The comment about riding was certainly not directed at you. I was just trying to get a reaction to see who actually reads these things. The predicted riders showed up.
No longer have a CR500.
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

Rhino89523 wrote:I'm still riding but mostly my XR650 to work and back, lots of single track through the forest and then some desert blasting to the house, but I havn't taken the bikes anywhere, only riding at home so I don't post. Plus I don't have a go pro or anyhting so my posts are boring. Love yours though.

I run different oil than everyone here, some days my jetting is on and some days I just ride through it. I do play with the boat and the family on most weekends through the summer and then focus on moto-ing in the fall on through.
I keep forgetting it's fuggin hot everywhere...

But even when its not it seems like not many ride reports.
No longer have a CR500.
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Yeah I take advantage of the hot days when they show, I love messing around on the boat, I'd post pics of that but I don't think people on here really want to see my fat ass surfing a kneeboard or any of the ridiculous crap I try behind the boat (surfing the kneeboard is fun pretty loose and not that easy) The boats cool because it's family time but my life passion, the one thing I have always done and hope to do much longer is ride these dirtbikes. Dirtbikes have torn me up more than all the years of football and everything else I do, so I am slowing down a bit, but I hope to ride until my last breath.
britincali

Post by britincali »

I aint ridden in a few months :( it been hot as hell here and work has been kicking my ass.

I did spend some time on the babies yesterday tho, swapped a paddle on the AF and added a flag mount, fired up the nitrous bike for the first time since glenhelen over a year ago. I honestly did feel guilty when I pulled the gas cap to find that my yummy smelling C12 now smelt like varnish :oops: Still fired up after 4-5 kicks :D :D .

All I gotta do now is clean the airfilters, put a fresh plug in the nitrous bike, fill the nitrous bottle and swap paddles onto the wifeys quad.
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

MojoScojo wrote:
Rhino89523 wrote:I'm still riding but mostly my XR650 to work and back, lots of single track through the forest and then some desert blasting to the house, but I havn't taken the bikes anywhere, only riding at home so I don't post. Plus I don't have a go pro or anyhting so my posts are boring. Love yours though.

I keep forgetting it's fuggin hot everywhere...

But even when its not it seems like not many ride reports.
Here ya go.
http://youtu.be/uvzBKOUMn8U
I picked up a Yamaha 125 MX for an AHRMA class.
First ride and my camera was upside down.
What the hell, I uploaded it anyway.
There's others on my channel, right side up.
Soon as it cools off some, I'm gonna take the big one out and film it.
Maybe the '85 will be done by then.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Arley rode the other day....

:wink:
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

AlisoBob wrote:Image

Arley rode the other day....

:wink:
That looks fun. I want that ride report.
No longer have a CR500.
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

I could give the bloody ride report of me on my kids pogo stick :D I think its rated for like 100lbs so we came close to going 3 times over the limit on that, I got a few bounces in and then it went sideways I flew off the back and ended up ramming into our porch swing thing or whatever those are called trying to catch my balance with my wife giving me that "I told you you were too big for that thing" look. She wasn't happy last year when I broke the kids trampoline either.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

I dove down through the middle of a round , kiddie, floatie thing 2 years ago...

got stuck around my mid section.

Thing was tighter than Brits cock ring on John Holmes...

I have the same issues with kids toys as you to Matt.....

:?
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Yeah I'm a kid on the inside but my body doesn't seem to want to follow suit. I have a buddy who is built really similar to me, he is one of those rockabilly tatted up dudes....whatever. He was going to get a tattoo of a broken chair and then put a chock mark for each one as he breaks them. I though it was kind of funny, made more sense than half the crap he had inked on there, like a spark plug that the guy couldn't get started into the side of a Ford straight 6 block if his life depended on it. I have learned to inspect chairs before I sit in them, kids toys are just waay too inviteing. The Pogo stick incident was Saturday, I'd be trying to dive through that ring of hers too...oh wait your talking about the floating toy :)